Autopsy Round 7, 2023: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide *WOOD 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Hats off to Ken and co. The one on ones around the ground paid off tactically, struggled to transition the footy and cut off most of our run.

That last quarter showed how much we need Kingy back. Once Port slowed us down we needed a presence for that long bomb in.

Clark was flipping quality in that last too, kudos.

Honestly sounded like a pretty small segment of the crowd booing JHF. Total non issue I think. Not my cup of tea but these booked are paid a fortune and go into it knowing this is what it will be like. I'm sure he's pretty happy with the win and an excellent game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lid firmly back on. Repeat of last year.
Drank our own bath water, lazy fumbly footy.
Don’t understand the moves tonight putting made forward when he was doing superb on the wing. Putting sincs in the middle, it working then taking him out.
Feel like membrey creates a stagnant forward line. I want caminiti back.
Doesn’t seem to lead much. Just expects the footy to be put on his head and then he gets out marked. Caminiti at least moves around and crashes packs.

Ports pressure was through the roof and we couldn't handle it. If you don't win, you learn

Very fumbly and some really poor decisions. I feel like we went back to the old bomb long inside 50 instead of lowering the eyes.

We didn't defend near as well as we have been. Their ball movement was clearly better than anyone's we played this year.

Credit to Port, they were very good. Nice little drop back down to earth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 7, 2023: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide *WOOD 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back