Round 7 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is setterfield a lock to come back for the blues?? Simpson and Newman are out for 3 weeks..stocker will debut this week and Williamson seems like the other replacement at half back..kreuzer is out so one of Lobbe or Phillips will come in...I think setterfield might struggle to get in...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Setters will be picked well before stocker or Williamson

Setters will be picked well before stocker or Williamson
Why you say that about Williamson?

Carlton rate him very highly imo, just has had a terrible run with a back problem, but is back in the VFL last time I heard about him

I'd imagine they'll want to get him in when the right time comes

256k, showed some good signs in 2017

Could be an expensive downgrade option, but could be well worth it

Why you say that about Williamson?

Carlton rate him very highly imo, just has had a terrible run with a back problem, but is back in the VFL last time I heard about him

I'd imagine they'll want to get him in when the right time comes

256k, showed some good signs in 2017

Could be an expensive downgrade option, but could be well worth it

Setters will be 1st choice imo is all I'm saying

After that I'm not sure on blues vfl form

Am currently fielding all of Walsh, Constable, Libba and Cousins. Think it is time to downgrade Cousins to Hayes/Answerth and turn Libba into an uber premo mid. Not getting Macrae just yet as he still can drop a bit more....has a juicy match up this week though.

Anyway, would be good to see how you guys rank these mids who are on my shortlist:
-JKelly
-Neale
-Trel
-Zerrett
-JOM
-Gaff

or a little cheaper
-Adams
-Taranto

Am currently fielding all of Walsh, Constable, Libba and Cousins. Think it is time to downgrade Cousins to Hayes/Answerth and turn Libba into an uber premo mid. Not getting Macrae just yet as he still can drop a bit more....has a juicy match up this week though.

Anyway, would be good to see how you guys rank these mids who are on my shortlist:
-JKelly
-Neale
-Trel
-Zerrett
-JOM
-Gaff

or a little cheaper
-Adams
-Taranto

I like JOM over them all - bit of a unique atm too

-JKelly
-Neale
-Trel
-Zerrett
-JOM
-Gaff

or a little cheaper
-Adams
-Taranto

Jom
Gaff

I
Is setterfield a lock to come back for the blues?? Simpson and Newman are out for 3 weeks..stocker will debut this week and Williamson seems like the other replacement at half back..kreuzer is out so one of Lobbe or Phillips will come in...I think setterfield might struggle to get in...

If setterfield was played with Newman and Simpson in the side, what is your logic to suggest he won’t play when they are out. I can’t make any sense of your comment.

I

If setterfield was played with Newman and Simpson in the side, what is your logic to suggest he won’t play when they are out. I can’t make any sense of your comment.

Since he’s been out they side they won their first game and only lost on the weekend because they got punished with injuries..

Simpson and Newman will need to be replaced with defenders you would think- Williamson, macraedie, stocker and Schumacher all played in defence in the vfl on the weekend..Williamson and stocker played the exact roles Simpson and Newman play.

Kreuzer will be replaced by a ruck and Charlie curnow could be back..

I think it’s a valid question as to who he replaces...

I don't believe Setterfield is an automatic inclusion. He'll come back via the VFL. Kennedy has been emergency the last 3-4 weeks and has some solid VFL form behind him. He'll come in this week if Blues feel they need to bolster their midfield.

Since he’s been out they side they won their first game and only lost on the weekend because they got punished with injuries..

Simpson and Newman will need to be replaced with defenders you would think- Williamson, macraedie, stocker and Schumacher all played in defence in the vfl on the weekend..Williamson and stocker played the exact roles Simpson and Newman play.

Kreuzer will be replaced by a ruck and Charlie curnow could be back..

I think it’s a valid question as to who he replaces...
I would have thought setterfield was the most obvious replacement for either Newman or Simpson. But then again, what would I know?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't believe Setterfield is an automatic inclusion. He'll come back via the VFL. Kennedy has been emergency the last 3-4 weeks and has some solid VFL form behind him. He'll come in this week if Blues feel they need to bolster their midfield.
He’s missed two weeks not two months. I would be amazed if he wasn’t brought straight back in.

He’s missed two weeks not two months. I would be amazed if he wasn’t brought straight back in.

He's a 6 career game veteran who was only just holding his place in a losing team. 2 senior players out this week only makes it harder for him to come straight back in since those players will be replaced by 2 inexperienced defenders. They're not going to deliberately play all their inexperienced players at once unless they absolutely have to. Personally I would be amazed if he was bought straight back in.

Speaking of Carlton defenders, Nic Newman...trade or hold?

View attachment 665318
Play scrimshaw for the next 2-3 weeks then get whitfield..or if you are happy with the rest of your team look at trading newman to either stewart or hurn then you can upgrade duursma or scrimshaw to whitfield in 3 weeks and your backs are looking nice....

Play scrimshaw for the next 2-3 weeks then get whitfield..or if you are happy with the rest of your team look at trading newman to either stewart or hurn then you can upgrade duursma or scrimshaw to whitfield in 3 weeks and your backs are looking nice....

Thanks Brad. I'm trying to decide between Newman > Stewart/Hurn or Libba > Merrett/JKelly/JOM/Treloar this week. Which way would you go with this lot?

(2nd trade would be Atkins > Hayes)

dtrd7.JPG
dtrd7fwd.JPG

Thanks Brad. I'm trying to decide between Newman > Stewart/Hurn or Libba > Merrett/JKelly/JOM/Treloar this week. Which way would you go with this lot?

(2nd trade would be Atkins > Hayes)

View attachment 665323
View attachment 665324
I would bring in a defender so you don't have to play 3 rookies...libba has a good match-up against the tigers this week..give him one more week...his centre bounce attendence is still strong..second at the dogs...he's just had a terrible game on the weekend...if he fails again then upgrade him next week..macrae will be good value next week so add him to your list...others might have a different opinion though...

He's a 6 career game veteran who was only just holding his place in a losing team. 2 senior players out this week only makes it harder for him to come straight back in since those players will be replaced by 2 inexperienced defenders. They're not going to deliberately play all their inexperienced players at once unless they absolutely have to. Personally I would be amazed if he was bought straight back in.
Well, at least one of us is going to be amazed.

I

I can't believe you're trying too 😀

That might be the situation if he was out of form or injured, but a suspension means he's trained fully and isn't working through any issues.

If Carlton consider him best 22, he's in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back