Game Day Round 7 vs. Essendon, MCG, 3:20pm ANZAC Day 25/04

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you watch the Reef one again, Bobby kept running and called for it back.

That’s the Mihocek one

Noticed it immediately lol

Timings:

1.45pm - Australian Army Band
2.24pm - Motorcade of Veterans
2.35pm - Pre-Match Entertainment (Something for Kate)
2.51pm - Match Ball Delivery
2.58pm - Joint Banner Run Out
3.00pm - Roulettes Flyover
3.06pm - Observance Ceremony
3.12pm - National Anthems
3.18pm - Coin Toss
3.20pm - Match Start

Think Essendon are on the rise, and this game will be tight.
We will need to bring the same levels of pressure as last week against PA (except for first quarter!!) to win.
Wright is available for selection for them.
Their defence is not like PA's (they are better at ground level) so we can't adopt exactly the same ideas as last week (a super small forward line).
In the contemporary game, pressure is increasingly the decisive factor.
Pressure depends on two things: physical energy, and structure. The necessity to be at the contest itself, but also to have manned up the potential opposition escape routes at the contest.
In the first quarter against PA, we were way out of balance. That was rectified after the first quarter.
Bring the same synergy against Essendon, and we will win.
Not sure what our forward line will look like.
Essendon will be fully prepared for WHE playing forward.
Do we need to rest a veteran, in line with our evident plan to keep them fit and healthy for the entire season?
I think Pendles will stay in, his "rest" was the last quarter when he was subbed off (he is a genius of AFL football)
Mitchell will need to stay in as well. He is a powerhouse in the midfield atm, and I am very concerned that we haven't yet found the means to alleviate his load. Atm, this is our Achilles tendon, and it is the reason why we have to get games into Sullivan, Fin etc.
Was rapt with Cox's performance against PA. He was brilliant at ground level, and even recaptured elements of his 2018 Prelim performance against richmond.

We will need to bring the same levels of pressure as last week against PA (except for first quarter!!) to win.
Their defence is not like PA's (they are better at ground level) so we can't adopt exactly the same ideas as last week (a super small forward line).
Pressure depends on two things: physical energy, and structure. The necessity to be at the contest itself, but also to have manned up the potential opposition escape routes at the contest.
In the first quarter against PA, we were way out of balance. That was rectified after the first quarter.
Do we need to rest a veteran, in line with our evident plan to keep them fit and healthy for the entire season?
I think Pendles will stay in, his "rest" was the last quarter when he was subbed off (he is a genius of AFL football)
Mitchell will need to stay in as well. He is a powerhouse in the midfield atm, and I am very concerned that we haven't yet found the means to alleviate his load. Atm, this is our Achilles tendon, and it is the reason why we have to get games into Sullivan, Fin etc.
Was rapt with Cox's performance against PA. He was brilliant at ground level, and even recaptured elements of his 2018 Prelim performance against richmond.
Pendles is going for his 10,000th disposal on Thursday. No way he's managed.

Jen said at training today it looked likely we would go in unchanged. Perhaps a sub change up.

Pendles is going for his 10,000th disposal on Thursday. No way he's managed.

Jen said at training today it looked likely we would go in unchanged. Perhaps a sub change up.
A sub change is interesting...I would say only possible one would be McInnes for WHE - to give WHE a rest and give extra height in F50 - but that would be bizarre, given WHE's astonishing game last week!
If we go in unchanged, can't see how there could possibly be a sub change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A sub change is interesting...I would say McInnes for WHE, but that would be bizarre...given WHE's astonishing game last week!
Pendles could start as sub.

A sub change is interesting...I would say only possible one would be McInnes for WHE - to give WHE a rest and give extra height in F50 - but that would be bizarre, given WHE's astonishing game last week!
Yeah I don't think we're moving Wilba to sub.

We may have just found ourselves another undersized key forward 😆

Steele for sub?

Yeah I don't think we're moving Wilba to sub.

We may have just found ourselves another undersized key forward 😆

Steele for sub?
Yes, this also makes sense. As I mentioned earlier, Pendles had his "rest" in the final quarter last week. So we could also see Steele as the sub, and McInnes in to complement the forward line.
Yeah, I am confident now that it will be either Pendles or Steele as the sub, with McInnes in to change up the F50 dynamic (WHE to also go forward at times). That makes a great kaleidoscope of threats for the opposition to counter.
Bring the same co-ordinated pressure as last week, and we will win this game.
After WHE's hanger in the 2nd quarter against PA, it looked like a switch was flicked...a circuit reconnection. We reintegrated into our DNA the game style that won the 2023 Premiership.

Yes, this also makes sense. As I mentioned earlier, Pendles had his "rest" in the final quarter last week. So we could also see Steele as the sub, and McInnes in to complement the forward line.
Yeah, I am confident now that it will be either Pendles or Steele as the sub, with McInnes in to change up the F50 dynamic (WHE to also go forward at times). That makes a great kaleidoscope of threats for the opposition to counter.
Bring the same co-ordinated pressure as last week, and we will win this game.
After WHE's hanger in the 2nd quarter against PA, it looked like a switch was flicked...a circuit reconnection. We reintegrated into our DNA the game style that won the 2023 Premiership.
Let's hope that pressure continues & intensifies on Thursday.

I'd love us to wipe that smarmy smile off Draper's face.

So exciting to be back at the G twice in 6 days. Another big win would make it even better.

Let's hope that pressure continues & intensifies on Thursday.

I'd love us to wipe that smarmy smile off Draper's face.

So exciting to be back at the G twice in 6 days. Another big win would make it even better.
Very confident about this one elliott, as I was last week. Our pressure is back and if we don't bring it for a quarter, we sure know how to lift the intensity.

Very confident about this one elliott, as I was last week. Our pressure is back and if we don't bring it for a quarter, we sure know how to lift the intensity.
If I have any superstition it's never to allow myself to think we're a 'sure' thing 😆

But I definitely liked what I saw after qtr time. And logic tells me if we bring that, it will be a good day 🙏

If I have any superstition it's never to allow myself to think we're a 'sure' thing 😆

But I definitely liked what I saw after qtr time. And logic tells me if we bring that, it will be a good day 🙏
Can I just remind you that at the 25 minute mark of the first quarter against Port, I was the only one who said, "we will still win this". I have a good feeling

I reckon you meant Achilles heel, but who am I to quibble?

The trajectory and content of your arguments were good, even if your knowledge of Classical literature may not be up to scratch.

Watching collingwood post dane swan this week on the day he won the medal gives me vibes of de goey exploding Thursday. I really hope he wins it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back