Review Round 8, 2018 - Western Bulldogs vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against the Bulldogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Abysmal game. The scoreline flattered us. Not enjoyable at all. A good team wouldve slaughtered us.

Well, our "young and promising team" just got proven to be out of date by a younger and more promising team.

Really poorly umpired too. Not one sided. Just horribly inconsistent.
Score line didn’t flatter us

Mate, Bundy didnt cheat with a team Mates GF. Don't spread BS. There was an incident but it had nothing to do with a team mate.
From what I've heard from someone who knows the playing group very well at geelong he did and the other player gave the club the choice him or bundy, Hopefully bundy pisses off at this season end aswell which from what ive heard it most likely happening

Beams isn't cut out for modern day football in that he is so slow, so as a result is shocking definitively.

Think Hodge is absolutely cooked as well.

Also looking forward to Paparone coming back in, his massive running power will help defensively.

Hipwood has to stay as he created enough chances.

In: Mayes, Paparone, Starcevich
Out: Eagles, Hodge, Bailey
Why would you drop bailey?

Score line didn’t flatter us

Agreed, scoreline reflected the game - the Dogs didn't play well, which makes the loss all the more frustrating.

Dayne Beams does not have one iota of positivity about him at the moment.
Even before the bounce he looks a beaten man.
Not a good look for the young boys he is meant to be leading.
Would not surprise me if he stood down , something is not right .
Thats the way it looks.
Zorko stood up at least.

It's frustrating, but these guys are so close.

Just a little more effort.

A fraction better execution.

A smile from the football gods. It feels like we ran over a black cat walking under a ladder while dropping a mirror.

The wheel turns and it will come good for us. Bring on the bye and 10 wins in a row.

From what I've heard from someone who knows the playing group very well at geelong he did and the other player gave the club the choice him or bundy,

Yes, we've heard those ridiculous rumours too. He had other issues, but not that.

You don't get warmly embraced by former teammates everytime you play them if you did that.

You just want to believe it is true because you're pissed he had a bad game.

It was a thought that came and went pretty quickly. Just going to continue to ruin my weekends with close losses I think.
We're playing about as well as we can given our skill level

Backline looked a bit slow because they got it over the top far too easily . Eagles looks a player to me with a bit more experience ,has a real crack ,only his second game ,he'll fill a hole for a couple of years.

Mcinernerny did some seriously good things,very agile for his size.

Cutler looks disinterested and only half fit to me , poor effort.

Surely something is wrong with Beams ,slow and looked half hearted . For someone his size Christensen has no polish at all ,better options than him . Rayner looks tired .

We got first use of the ball in the ruck and kept hitting it to the opposition

When you see Yeo ,Docherty ,Polec , Crisp ,Aish , Rockcliff and Redden doing well in better sides it's a wonder we can get so close .

Skill errors come from inabilty and lack of confidence and they're the two areas we're lacking in

We're playing about as well as we can given our skill level

Backline looked a bit slow because they got it over the top far too easily . Eagles looks a player to me with a bit more experience ,has a real crack ,only his second game ,he'll fill a hole for a couple of years.

Mcinernerny did some seriously good things,very agile for his size.

Cutler looks disinterested and only half fit to me , poor effort.

Surely something is wrong with Beams ,slow and looked half hearted . For someone his size Christensen has no polish at all ,better options than him . Rayner looks tired .

We got first use of the ball in the ruck and kept hitting it to the opposition

When you see Yeo ,Docherty ,Polec , Crisp ,Aish , Rockcliff and Redden doing well in better sides it's a wonder we can get so close .

Skill errors come from inabilty and lack of confidence and they're the two areas we're lacking in
Eagles is a liability

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles is a liability
It looked that way at times but he wasn't given any hope the way they brought it in and he really put us back in the race halfway through the last quarter.

Crikey ,it was his second game , He gives us the option of putting Andrews forward and McStay back which is about the most obvious thing I've ever seen in football but the penny hasn't dropped for Fagan and co as yet

It does seem like it's the senior players letting us down. Certainly it's easier to forgive basic skill errors from the kids than from Bundy or Hodge. And the obvious improvement in Bailey, O and even Eagles in a short amount of time is really heartening.

Problem is, as it stands, players coming in from the NEAFL have no way to prepare for the pressure and intensity of AFL footy. The ressies smashed GC in possession and yet still made more tackles. Drop Bundy and bring someone else experienced in who will probably preform in the same way. If Starc's impact hadn't tapered I would be keen to see how he goes, but Keays, Lester, Bell don't look any better than Bundy IMO. Maybe Keays gets first look because of his age, but what we really need is clean ball use more than another honest battler.

Just hope the years of failure in our senior players doesn't rub off too much on the incredible kids we have.

We lost by 14 points. We only played reasonably when we fell behind. That sort of quality deserved a 40-60 point loss
They butchered the ball nearly as badly as we did up forward but they were much surer by hand and had real class forward in Bontempelli who made every opportunity count .

I really think we should throw Andrews forward ,we're far too predictable the way we set up .Put a decent player up there who has a bit of class.

Eagles was interesting - quite a few times when he was in position and went for the ball he had Harris and Gardiner going with him. To me it looked like they don’t yet have faith in him and are trying to cover for him. With enough games together I think this will settle and the back line will improve.

Hipwood’s appalling goal kicking and Taylor’s turnovers cost us around 6 goals between them. Lots of mistakes made by others but I reckon those two were the main reason we lost.

You see the better sides each week just finding a way to win, even when they don’t necessarily deserve to. But they just know how.

I genuinely believe we do not know how to win. We don’t have enough of the players across the field who know what to do in those crunch situations.

We have players who are being developed within a team with winning problem and they will adopt it when really they should be learning what to do in those crunch moments.

Whoever brought up tanking is absolutey dillusional.. Every single player wants a win on this team. It’s the turnovers you can’t defend against that murder us every week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 8, 2018 - Western Bulldogs vs. Brisbane Lions

Back