Review Round 8, 2022: Essendon v Box Hill Hawks, 8 May 2022, 2.10pm @ Windy Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morris is pretty close to a debut. If he stays on the ground i reckon its just a matter of time. He has been plagued with injury. Hard, tough, great overhead can run and a good kick we need those good kicks. Shifts some of those other half back flankers further up field

Morris is pretty close to a debut. If he stays on the ground i reckon its just a matter of time. He has been plagued with injury. Hard, tough, great overhead can run and a good kick we need those good kicks. Shifts some of those other half back flankers further up field
I'm not convinced he is a good kick.

How good is it to actually see the potential of players like Saunders,Mitchell,Butler,Long,Morris and Jeka!
After last night this is the light at the end of the tunnel that we need!Go Hawks!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's never as good or bad etc etc

Last night, particularly the last quarter, was excruciating, but is the sort of the thing we were expecting at points this year...young team, blah blah (doesn't make it any more palatable at the time, of course...particularly against those campaigners)

Todays' Box Hill game was against a rabble, with park footballers in some positions. Those same players you quoted with potential may look devoid of talent at other times this year, and we'll be talking about being down a long tunnel again.

The reality is somewhere in between...as it was before this weekend happened

Last edited:
Butler killed it in the 1st qtr with 8 disposals 2 goals and set up a couple. He is a very creative player, great instincts and should be knocking on the door.

Disappointed long was used as a decoy fwd/2nd ruck in the entire 1st half. Once he went in the guts in the 2nd half he had a impact and he's decision making skills are very good, he is a competitive beast.

Sad to see Brockman hurt his shoulder and jeka I believe did his hammy 😮‍💨.

Howe and shiels played well but tbh I wouldn't expect anything less against a bottom vfl squad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back