Autopsy Round 8, 2022: Hawks put in a stinker v Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

pea hearted effort

when Essendon were throwing punches no one flew the flag, weak af effort, against our rivals they were punching Sicily and DGB and we were helping to pick them off the ground and when there was some heat Ward was scared to even look at an Essendon player, DISGUSTED, an insult to our jumper.

when Essendon starting fighting it inspired their comeback and we went into our shells, pathetic, i was hoping we would lose by 100 points, fk that game.

Last edited:

Knew we were in a for a bad night when Gunston was doing a goal kicking 'masterclass' pre-game and missed both shots.

Midfield is young but Mitchell, O'Meara and even Worpel really needed to stand up when momentum was moving against us and they were absent.

Will be nice to have CJ back next week as well as Nash and hopefully Lewis. They have become really important players for us and how we structure up.

I'm giving JOM a pass mark for at least he threw his body on the line and won the hard ball.

Mitchell and Worpel can GAGF.

Finn's had back to back best game of his career so that's nice.

Playing way too much one way footy at the moment and it gets exposed when we run out of gas and just get annihilated. At least there is a pattern to it which suggests that the players are following the coach's instructions. We just have a lot of spuds and youngsters that can't carry them out the entire game at the moment. Still, we are doing better overall than we have any right to at this stage of the season so I am not too disappointed, though it does hurt a lot to lose to the scum.

It's funny as a supporter - you sense the upset all week during the media beat up, you have that bad feeling in your stomach even though you know it should be a comfortable win. You assume the club rallies the players into the right mindset and to execute, but still, it unfolds the way your gut tells you it might. Horrendous display.

A few early wins and there was no heat... we just lost to 'half' of the team the whole footy world is laughing at and can rightfully expect our whack in the media. At least West Coast have a reason to show patches totally lacking in competitiveness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Breust smashed by Heppell, says it all really.

midfield made up of slow, unskilled one way runners who can’t lay a tackle between them. Lack of pressure was there all game the loss really was no surprise. it looked like the Shitney game

pea hearted effort

when Essendon were throwing punches no one flew the flag, play like pussies lose like pussies.

Devon ****ing Smith. The midget who can't even get a game for the side sparked them up with a bit of aggression.

Unbelievable.

I'd give my left nut for a young Hodge or Lewis. Would have cleaned him up.

It's not that our Captain missed his shot...it's the way he missed it that kind of set the tone for the night in my opinion.
Losing our ruck was the catalyst. They wanted it more, and as soon as they had the sniff it all unraveled.
24 hours and move on.

totally agree - lazy kick - definitely not a captains effort that one

Worpel stinks. Mitchell stunk. Newcombe could not get near it in the second half. Ward and Callow are not looking up to it at this stage (not a big deal).

Sicily was horrible. Newk should have gone off after he was hit in the head at the start of Q4. Our HB distributors could not find any space to move. Draper killed us.
Aside from Newk’s first half not much to like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 8, 2022: Hawks put in a stinker v Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back