Autopsy Round 8, 2022: Hawks put in a stinker v Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

How is that we can we put up a great fight against the reigning premiers but then produce this crap against a shit side. I suppose that’s where we’re at right now. Team still learning and growing together. Hope this really hurts them.

I don’t think we were switched on from the start and that lazy effort from our stand in captain Sicily was very concerning. I hope he wishes he had his time again.

One of the worst performances in a long time. Our midfield is pathetic apart from Newk. Our leaders go missing too often. Sick of watching our players kick off one step. That one from Day was inexcusable. too many poor players to list. We got out coached aswell, didn’t see any changes of note during the game at all.

My Auskicker’s had a better go than our mob today.

I know Sammy is changing things up to let the kids play on the ball but having Tom Mitchell only get 14 touches while spending 80% of his time in the back half of the ground isn’t going to end well.

The amount of times we just let them waltz it up the guts off of the back of a turnover just made me 🤮🤮🤮

Last edited:
Some players were really found out
Kosi has zero presence as a forward
Frost spent most of the night 5 metres off his opponent and constantly got punished.
Day had a shocker
The wingers constantly let their opponent get goal side
The quicker we move on from Worpel the better

Positive is we can cross off the season. Need to play the young kids for experience.

One of O'Meara, Worpell or Mitchell needs to be traded or delisted at the end of the year. We can't have all 3 - slow & avg foot skills. Hoping we get Karl Amon from Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, ruck looks our biggest issue at the moment. It’s where we get totally dominated for periods of time and the opposition capitalise especially in the second half when our inexperienced/half ruck is worn down. Dees kicked about 5 in a row when Callow went to the ruck last week.
Other issues are that it’s no good having non-contact outside players that have no pace and don’t hit targets 50% of the time. Day is playing too deep and has too much responsibility at the moment but it will be good learning experience for him - he will be a player.
Thought Finn was great and will get better and better. We need a couple of mids that can run out a game - totally lacking at the moment … ouch.

It's funny as a supporter - you sense the upset all week during the media beat up, you have that bad feeling in your stomach even though you know it should be a comfortable win. You assume the club rallies the players into the right mindset and to execute, but still, it unfolds the way your gut tells you it might. Horrendous display.
It's not the loss that hurts.
It's the nature of the loss. When a team puts no effort in, that cuts the supporters

The team crumbled after Newc ran out of puff and could no longer carry the midfield.

On the bright side, Essendon is a rabble club with a terrible coach and that shits long term.

We are rebuilding and we will occasionally roll out a big bag of poo onto the field like we did tonight, but we are getting the big picture stuff right and will be better for it in the end.

Positive is we can cross off the season. Need to play the young kids for experience.
If you want to see what that looks like, start watching north.

I’m also interested in who you suggest comes in

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 8, 2022: Hawks put in a stinker v Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back