Game Day Round 8, 2024 : Bulldogs v Hawks, 4pm, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcombe and Meek dropped off that quarter - and so did the side. English got on top in ruck and Newk was barely sighted. Need them to get back to their first half levels or we will lose

Two down ✅

Two to go.

Meek, Newc, Moore, Gunna & Back 6 have been fantastic.
Three down ✅

One to go.

We had to hold firm in that last 10 minutes and only that English goal made it look a little worse. Otherwise it was very resilient defending.

In previous weeks we have leaked multiple quick goals in these situations and been run over.

Not this time.

It’s a clear improvement and we are playing a smart game based on our limited resources.

It looks like we are tiring but I’m not concerned about the result now, we’ve taken it to them and showed the capabilities when we turn up. Hopefully we see the game out with intensity but if we do get overrun I’m not going to be sad about it…

…probably.

I’m sorry that’s on the coaching box. They shut up shop with 4 ******* minutes left on clock
Not necessarily, coaches can't send runners out between goals, you have no idea what the may have been screaming from the sidelines, twice today we have seen instances where players can't even hear the umpires. We are a young side, a mature side (Geelong) have on field leaders across all lines that can take hold of the situation, we are not in that position unfortunately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots to like about today so far, regardless of the outcome.

+13 contested possessions
-3 uncontested possessions
+11 intercepts
+5 tackles
+1 inside 50’s

Lots of effort there. Got to finish it off.

We’re trying hard and dying hard but as they say, big men don’t get any shorter during a game and I worry about English and Naughton.
Brave effort from the boys so far though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back