Round 8 Predictions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The Tigers seem to lift for this fixture and while the Bombers are in great form, gut feeling and my personal opinion think Richmond might just get over the line.
Although Essendon could quite easily come out and win by plenty and prove me wrong.
We matched them for effort last year (IIRC won the CP, clearances) - what killed us was we had was one of our least polished, least skilful sides in for the year. I think, again, it'll come down to execution.
Undeniable that Richmond are much improved, but Essendon's pressure so far has been top-notch, and Richmond have faltered, lost their nerve & let sides in (as young sides do)
Very young backline, and we'll put them under a lot of pressure.

That's what I can see happening again - Tigs up and about, in it til quite late, then a few boo-boos and annoying little buggers like Davey & Jetta getting on the end of it, for a 3 goal win.

Very surprised so many are tipping Collingwood.

Worst week possible to be taking on Geelong. How often have Geelong taken a pasting in the media in the last 5 years? The last time was in 07 after losing ot North and they won the flag after that.

Also, Geelong rarely lose 2 in a row.

Not sure our boys will be prepared for the steam train that will come through. Hope I'm wrong.

Geelong vs Collingwood by 28 points, 73K
Port vs North by 20 18K
Hawthorn vs Fremantle by 35 points, 15K
Sydney vs Melbourne by 35 points, 25K
W.Bulldogs vs Gold Coast by 63 points, 25K
Essendon vs Richmond by 17 points, 85K
Brisbane vs GWS, 29 points, 20K
Carlton vs Adelaide by 40 points, 43K
WCE vs St. Kilda by 3 points, 41K

We matched them for effort last year (IIRC won the CP, clearances) - what killed us was we had was one of our least polished, least skilful sides in for the year. I think, again, it'll come down to execution.
Undeniable that Richmond are much improved, but Essendon's pressure so far has been top-notch, and Richmond have faltered, lost their nerve & let sides in (as young sides do)
Very young backline, and we'll put them under a lot of pressure.

That's what I can see happening again - Tigs up and about, in it til quite late, then a few boo-boos and annoying little buggers like Davey & Jetta getting on the end of it, for a 3 goal win.

my thoughts too slatts.

Street Fighter.

Just a little bit of an exaggeration.

Richmond were leading at the end of the 3rd and we won by about 5 goals. Not 10. :rolleyes:

Another great week of footy, and another week in which the bookies seem to me to have got it wrong (certainly did last week :) ).

Coll v Geelong - Cats will bounce back and win by 27 points
Port v North - North just aren't as good as people think they are. I still can't believe that the dogs were underdogs last week. Port by 15 points.
Hawks v Freo - Should be a close one. Hawks by 10 points (but they'd want to kick reasonably straight to do it).
Syd v Melb - Sydney by 70 points.
Dogs v Suns - Dogs improving and developing a better forward system. Dogs by 55 points
Ess v Rich - Essendon's recent form, defensive press/tackling pressure/creating turnovers in particular, is significantly better than Richmond's form in the last few weeks. Dons by 40 points.
Bris v GWS - Bris by 60 points (not sure why some are tipping GWS...Bris will nail them).
Blues v Crows - Crows are clearly playing the better footy, but no Walker and playing in Vic evens this up. I'll say Crows by 4 goals.
WC v StKilda - WC at home won't have it all their own way, but should do enough. Eagles by 3 points.

So as a Hawks supporter, you tip us to lose and our game doesn't interest you :eek: :rolleyes:

Well, as the saying goes, 'Tip with your head, not your heart', yes, I think Fremantle will beat us, judging by our performances of the past 3 weeks.

And no, even being a die-hard Hawthorn supporter, our game on the weekend doesn't interest me as much as the two other games, considering I know exactly where Hawthorn and Fremantle are at in terms of progress, and I am not sure about Richmond and Essendon, with this weeks game being a true indicator of THEIR progress.

Tips
Collingwood
North
Hawthorn
Sydney
Bulldogs
Essendon
Brisbane
Adelaide
WCE

West Coast Vs. St.Kilda is the only game i am interested in besides Adelaide V Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon just beat the Eagles by 9 goals and at the very least, are a 5 goal better side than Richmond.

Agreed ... they should eat the Tigers. I would be expecting any between a
5-10 goal win.

As for the Blues, I seriously can't believe they opened up a $1.33 v. $3.25 the Crows. At the very least it should be nearly 1.90 each of two, if not the Crows on their present form should be decided favourites.

On recent form I don't give Carlton any chance at all on Sunday, even if its in Melb. as we dont play the Docklands very well at all.

The reality is that despite being flag favourites (WTF !!!) for most of last month, they have been playing very ordinary footy since the Pies game and the Ess. game showed all the footy world to see what structural and tactical weakness they have.

Coupled with this they have lost their mojo and their attack on the ball. IMHO they are easy pickings for any for the top 8 teams !!!

pies-27 points 65,000
north-20 points 18,000
haw-30 points 19,000
syd-42 points 25,000
rich 19 points 87,000
dogs-64 points 20,000
bris 22 points 19,000
carl-11 points 37,000
wc 18 points 42,000

Pies by 26, 74k
North by 19, 16k
Hawks by 22, 15k
Sydney by 27, 23k
Essendon by 96, 85k
Dogs by 1, 22k
Brisbane by 45, 16k
Crows by 6, 47k
Saints by 19, 38k

Well, as the saying goes, 'Tip with your head, not your heart', yes, I think Fremantle will beat us, judging by our performances of the past 3 weeks.

And no, even being a die-hard Hawthorn supporter, our game on the weekend doesn't interest me as much as the two other games, considering I know exactly where Hawthorn and Fremantle are at in terms of progress, and I am not sure about Richmond and Essendon, with this weeks game being a true indicator of THEIR progress.

The past 3 weeks you say...Mmmmm

WOW, even if we played against the cellar dwellars I'd still watch us over nay other club....are you sure you've had your medicine today?

FTR -

Pies
North
Hawks
Swans
Scum
Dogs
Lions
Crows
Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 8 Predictions Thread