Round 8 Team Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

good selection week. raines and broughton to cover hodge and bock, beams and robinson to cover gablett and kornes (yes i know he is named, but wait on training at 11am tomorrow to see if he plays), walker to cover for ziebell (hopefully).

higgins as EMG, if he wasn't fit they wouldn't name him, so i am expecting him to be a late in for someone. If i have some luck i might get by without a donut this week (and hopefully gablett,bock,higgins,ziebell back next week).

What are people doing with Houlihan? Is he likely to force his way bak into the Carlton team? Not good signs for him at the moment.
Im getting really tempted to downgrade him and leave Geary and Hill as my 6th and 7th backs for the moment.

I think that Geary will average about 85 from here on out and Hill will average about 65-75 and can be upgraded later as he is guaranteed to play.

The extra cash would let me trade Otten to any mid too.

ive got something that will make everybody feel better...

my forward line

S.Johnson, Deledio, Pavlich, Walker, Higgins, Skipworth, M.Brown, Didak, Ziebell

hahaha...I had Brent Harvey too....traded Johnson in for him...

if Brown doesnt get back in and the Taylor Walker rumor is true, I will have 3 forwards playing...

hahahaha

...oh I have Kornes too, who we all know wont play...Hodge and Houlian too...throw in Ablett who ive got to.....

maybe this belongs in the vent thread...
**** dreamteam

good selection week. raines and broughton to cover hodge and bock, beams and robinson to cover gablett and kornes (yes i know he is named, but wait on training at 11am tomorrow to see if he plays), walker to cover for ziebell (hopefully).

higgins as EMG, if he wasn't fit they wouldn't name him, so i am expecting him to be a late in for someone. If i have some luck i might get by without a donut this week (and hopefully gablett,bock,higgins,ziebell back next week).

speak for yourself champ....

good for you....

ive got something that will make everybody feel better...

my forward line

S.Johnson, Deledio, Pavlich, Walker, Higgins, Skipworth, M.Brown, Didak, Ziebell

hahaha...I had Brent Harvey too....trading Johnson in for him...

if Brown doesnt get back in and the Taylor Walker rumor is true, I will have 3 forwards playing...

hahahaha

...oh I have Kornes too, who we all know wont play...Hodge and Houlian too...throw in Ablett who ive got to.....

maybe this belongs in the vent thread...
**** dreamteam
i feel your forward line pain...mine is:
Deledio, goodwin, o'keefe, ng brown, higgins, lucas, skipworth, ziebell, m brown

traded goodwin in for harvey 2 weeks ago and got 2 poor scores.

add to this the loss of houlihan, malceski and ablett.

i will bow out of eliminator this week and have lost any chance of taking out overall

Joel Bowden named full forward hmmm.....

Whenever he gets named in the forward line he never plays that way. Usually gets massive scores, just like round 20 against Hawks last year he got 171

All good things have happened so far tonight:
Priddis, Goodwin, M Brown, N Brown, Raines, Sidebottom named in centre, Ziebell out and Houlihan out.

There's even more than that.

i feel your forward line pain...mine is:
Deledio, goodwin, o'keefe, ng brown, higgins, lucas, skipworth, ziebell, m brown

traded goodwin in for harvey 2 weeks ago and got 2 poor scores.

add to this the loss of houlihan, malceski and ablett.

i will bow out of eliminator this week and have lost any chance of taking out overall

lets murder suicide....

malceski!! you joke of a pick.

I concur.

Still leaving him on the field though. He's the only one of my backs not playing this week. Have a completely baseless yet hopeful feeling that he'll be a late in.

Will be leaving Higgins on the field as well, more confident that he'll be a late in.

Hmmm,

Priddis ruled out Tuesday, named.
M.Brown hammy late change last week, named.
NGB groin late withdrawal last week, told he wont play unless 100%, named.
Kornes shoulder 1-3 weeks, named.
Higgins named emergency, could be a late in, might miss again.
Hartlett hammy named, still could miss.

If they all play, then 1 zero Higgins, if they all miss again season ruined.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 rookies starting!!! highest averaging 63 in cheney:(
1 bench playing
16 trades, 244k in bank but i still dont think i should trade:eek:

malceski, houlihan, cheney, suban, broughton, beams, de boer, anthony, higgins, ziebell, walker, brown, warren
would you trade any of them?

lol Malceksi and Ziebell that makes it 12 out of a total 30 players injured/dropped.

edit: my ranking dropped 7000 places down after 5 zeros and 1500 last week, doesn't look like coming back up either.

i'm gonna leave higgins on the field and have mitch brown as emg just inc ase higgins plays. I'm considering downgrading houlihan to someone perhaps grimes. i'll keep hodge on the bench i think.

who do you guys think will play out of collingwoods extended bench?

Not sure where to post this...

Which midfielder is best under 452,000 to get NOW???
(Got bartell, gibbs)

Corey, Swan, dal Santo, Montegna???

thx for the help :)

Not sure where to post this...

Which midfielder is best under 452,000 to get NOW???
(Got bartell, gibbs)

Corey, Swan, dal Santo, Montegna???

thx for the help :)
Personally would be going with Corey and Montagna although Nicky Dal is firing up this year and looks in really good form. Corey would be the safe bet, Dal would be the more interesting one. Could also go Pendlebury but with Swan possibly out, could cop a harder tag.

ye thx

Corey has hit some form as of late so thats why i had him on my mind...

Swan might still a knee problem and not play at his best :(

thx again

need some thoughts on my back line i dont know which rookie to start petrenko,broughton or cheeny

should i trade houlihan to ROK

cheers

Finally!!!

After last weeks bs amount of injuries/late-withdrawals etc. My team has finally got some luck on its side.

I needed Brown (to cover Higgins), Davis, Raines and Swan to play. All of this has happened. Now i have 22 on the field, compared with last weeks 20.

Also, Ziebell and Hodge, both popular players that i dont have are out, good for me, bad for those that have them. And to add to that Houlihan wasn't named which is good because i was forced to trade him out last week.

Only thing to go wrong so far is Higgins isn't in. Although i have a sneaking susspision he might come in.

Finally!!!

After last weeks bs amount of injuries/late-withdrawals etc. My team has finally got some luck on its side.

I needed Brown (to cover Higgins), Davis, Raines and Swan to play. All of this has happened. Now i have 22 on the field, compared with last weeks 20.

Also, Ziebell and Hodge, both popular players that i dont have are out, good for me, bad for those that have them. And to add to that Houlihan wasn't named which is good because i was forced to trade him out last week.

Only thing to go wrong so far is Higgins isn't in. Although i have a sneaking susspision he might come in.
damn you sir :D

Finally!!!

i have a sneaky suspision not everyone you mentioned will play

My god, Round 7 and 8 are really going to split the season apart for Dream Teamers.

With a hopeful inclusion of Higgins, I'll avoid a 0. (Although I can't say I'm too happy with all the rookies I've got running around at the moment :p, but I guess it's a better state to be in than some)

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 8 Team Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back