Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
Was all ready to trade out Langdon > Simpson next week to further strengthen my backline but then Langdon goes out and scores a 126. LOL!

Have Enright and Langdon missing for next week out of my backline (traded out McDonald this week for Hibberd) and Langford and Georgiou on the bench.

Not keen on the idea of playing Georgiou so have no farking idea what to do now.

Next week I was going to downgrade Kelly > O'Rourke which I will still do but no idea now on the other trade.

FMscL!

Team as it stands after round 7 trades - Dunstan > Halihan and McDonald > Hibberd

Think I will still go Kelly > O''Rouke

Any advice on the second trade people?

upload_2014-5-2_23-29-29.png

Hopefully:

Lemmens > O'Rourke
McDonald > Salem/Bontemelli

Leaving my with 550k or so for bye upgrades.

How much cash have you got JM? Maybe go slightly early on Crouch?

Ok figured it out.

Currie > 102,000 ruck
Kelly > O'Rourke
Crouch > Simpson via Langdon dpp

Eliminates a round 8 donut, can still keep Langdon, have dpp swing set of Langdon and Taylor on my midfield bench to use in round 9 and 10 byes and gets me my backline of -

McVeigh, Mitchell, Hibberd, Simpson, Enright, Webster (Langford, Georgiou) :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Will probably only do one trade; Kelly to O'Rouke is looking likely. Will then have about 440K in the kitty. :rainbow:

Ok figured it out.

Currie > 102,000 ruck
Kelly > O'Rourke
Crouch > Simpson via Langdon dpp

Eliminates a round 8 donut, can still keep Langdon and gets me my backline of -

McVeigh, Mitchell, Hibberd, Simpson, Enright, Webster (Langford, Georgiou) :thumbsu:
Good trades, although it's a shame to lose Crouch so early. I hope you can afford it though. You'll need Kelly and Crouch to rise in value by a combined $27,800 more than Simpson does if you really only have $1000 in the kitty.

edit:
Just realized that Simpson only played to his BE tonight so he won't be going up. Crouch has a negative BE and Kelly's is only 34 so you'll have cash to spare. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Good trades, although it's a shame to lose Crouch so early. I hope you can afford it though. You'll need Kelly and Crouch to rise in value by a combined $27,800 more than Simpson does if you really only have $1000 in the kitty.

edit:
Just realized that Simpson only played to his BE tonight so he won't be going up. Crouch has a negative BE and Kelly's is only 34 so you'll have cash to spare. :thumbsu:

Yeah I did the sums before and it should all work out mate.

I'm really liking my above trades too as it means I can keep Langdon now and still get in another premo in Simpson. :thumbsu:

Agree its a bit of a shame cutting Crouch a little early but I already have Ablett, Swan and Beams in my mids as it is while having to have Crouch in there too. :eek:

Will just end up playing Langdon instead of Crouch in mids during round 9.

Last edited:
Keen eye on Salem next week if he goes well. Looks the goods (granted, only played 5mins of football).

Too damn expensive I reckon as a downgrade option even though he looked good.

More interested to see how Acres goes this weekend instead. :rainbow:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He did look good, didn't he. Every kick hit a target. Not used to seeing that from Melbourne players.
SC aside, it'll be good for the Dees to get some real young talent come through and make them relevant again. Really enjoyed the rivalry in the late 80s and early 90s.
I'll never forget watching Allen Jakovich. One day at a packed MCG, the COLLINGWOOD runner came out to our full back in the goal square with a water bottle. Jacko, smacked it straight outta his hands and kicked it towards the cheer squad. ****ing mayhem! Great footballer btw.

SC aside, it'll be good for the Dees to get some real young talent come through and make them relevant again. Really enjoyed the rivalry in the late 80s and early 90s.
I'll never forget watching Glenn Jakovich. One day at a packed MCG, the COLLINGWOOD runner came out to our full back in the goal square with a water bottle. Jacko, smacked it straight outta his hands and kicked it towards the cheer squad. ******* mayhem! Great footballer btw.
I'm guessing you mean Alan Jakovich. Glenn never did play for us unfortunately.
I'm not old enough for the rivalry of the 50s and 60s but I was a kid in a time when the Collingwood/Melbourne rivalry was considered the biggest of them all ... despite Melbourne being so bad then. To me it's still the greatest rivalry in the game and it would be great to see a clash between them drawing an ANZAC day sized crowd like it used to.

Too damn expensive I reckon as a downgrade option.

More interested to see how Acres goes this weekend instead. :rainbow:
I disagree. People are still trading in Robertson (172k) & Cutler (154k) because of their cash potential and -BE.
If Salem shows he can moo, 177k is fine by me. Sideways trade from S.Gray and carry the baton fwd.

I'm guessing you mean Alan Jakovich. Glenn never did play for us unfortunately.
I'm not old enough for the rivalry of the 50s and 60s but I was a kid in a time when the Collingwood/Melbourne rivalry was considered the biggest of them all ... despite Melbourne being so bad then. To me it's still the greatest rivalry in the game and it would be great to see a clash between them drawing an ANZAC day sized crowd like it used to.
Alan of course. Typo error.

I disagree. People are still trading in Robertson (172k) & Cutler (154k) because of their cash potential and -BE.
If Salem shows he can moo, 177k is fine by me. Sideways trade from S.Gray and carry the baton fwd.

To me that extra $50k that he is over a $123,000 rookie could mean the difference between getting another premo in for me or not.

I'm all about value at this stage. LOL!

To me that extra $50k that he is over a $123,000 rookie could mean the difference between getting another premo in for me or not.

I'm all about value at this stage. LOL!
Value is also in JS. A 123k player with shitty JS has none.

Whilst I'm purely speculating, I think this MELB kid has serious potential. Silky skills. I'm sure he's highly rated within the club and will be given plenty opportunities to wet his feet. Just a hunch, could be wrong.

Value is also in JS. A 123k player with shitty JS has none.

Whilst I'm purely speculating, I think this MELB kid has serious potential. Silky skills. I'm sure he's highly rated within the club and will be given plenty opportunities to wet his feet. Just a hunch, could be wrong.

Yeah no doubting that.

Not saying Salem is crap or anything, he's quite good in fact.

I just believe that if I can get someone $50k cheaper who can also string some games together I would rather go with that option and use the $50k I save towards going to an upgrade that I might be short of with my next trade.

Saints wont be playing finals this year even though they have been great so far.

They will give kids like Acres an opportunity to string games together providing he shows something in his first 2 games.

I'm keen to see what he can do. Has big wraps on him from what I've heard and can play. :thumbsu:

Yeah no doubting that.

Not saying Salem is crap or anything, he's quite good in fact.

I just believe that if I can get someone $50k cheaper who can also string some games together I would rather go with that option and use the $50k I save towards going to an upgrade that I might be short of with my next trade.

Saints wont be playing finals this year even though they have been great so far.

They will give kids like Acres an opportunity to string games together providing he shows something in his first 2 games.

I'm keen to see what he can do. Has big wraps on him from what I've heard and can play. :thumbsu:
Mate, I'm with you. Cheaper rookies with moo potential is a no-brainier. The more, the merrier. I just have a gut feel about the MELB kid. Big wraps thru the draft and he's finally getting a full game.

On the other hand, I've never heard of Acres.

Mate, I'm with you. Cheaper rookies with moo potential is a no-brainier. The more, the merrier. I just have a gut feel about the MELB kid. Big wraps thru the draft and he's finally getting a full game.

On the other hand, I've never heard of Acres.

Here's some info on him mate.

Pick 19 in the draft.

Should have had mid/def dpp according to this article too. :rolleyes:

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2013-11-21/pick-19-blake-acres

I'm not sure how much I like the idea of swapping in O'Rourke for one game before his bye, but I think that might be the only money-maker through the byes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back