Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Collingwood v Adelaide
Sunday 20 October
4:35pm Adelaide time (5:05pm Melbourne time)
Victoria Park

After splitting our results last week, we're back to just the one game this week - and a 7 day break!

We head to Victoria Park to take on Collingwood in our first AFLW match in Melbourne this season. Collingwood will put up more of a fight than GWS, but it's also a good chance to build some more percentage.

We head to Victoria Park to take on Collingwood in our first AFLW match in Melbourne this season. Collingwood will put up more of a fight than GWS, but it's also a good chance to build some more percentage.

That's arguable. For all of GWS's faults, they've had some close results this year. Collingwood have a 1-7 record and a percentage of 45.3%. They've had losing margins of 47 points to Hawthorn, 52 points to Brisbane, 42 points to the Bulldogs and 36 points to Richmond. We should be aiming to fill our boots against them.

Ballard listed as a test for this week, still can't believe she's alright. She's expected to be available if she get through the main training session. Allen still out but listed as a possibility for next week. Brooke Smith is still apparently considered a chance to play this season, listed as 6-8 weeks which would mean best case scenario, she might get back in time for the GF if we are lucky enough to make it there. Somehow I don't see it, but hey, hope springs eternal I guess.

Nice little puff piece on Goodwin, who I think has been arguably our most improved player this year.

https://www.afc.com.au/news/1678808...elf-doubt-to-become-mainstay-in-crows-defence

Goodwin is still only 20 years old so she is only going to get better. Sounds like Marinoff has been working with her, just another feather in Marinoff's cap.
I'd argue Charlton - Gone from someone who carries her weight and is reliable. to someone who is 1 step away from tearing the game apart. Her skill (particularly contested) has gone to another level and she's getting more of the ball in more dangerous positions. If her team mates could forsee what she can do, they might get into a position where Teah can break the game open by getting it to the outside for them.

She's close to being a star, I can feel it.

Our squad is in for Sunday. So far no omissions, just Boyle-Carr, Ballard and Tarlinton listed as ins. All three are listed on the interchange bench, although as we saw last week that doesn't actually matter anyway.

The others listed on the bench are Mueller, Varnhagen, Tonon, Thompson, and Charlton.

That leaves Boileau, Waterhouse and Henry as the only uninjured players on our list not to make the squad.

We're usually pretty good about ensuring all of our draftees get to play a match at some point in the season. I wonder if Henry will get a go in the last couple of rounds?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 8 v Collingwood at Victoria Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back