Review Round 8 vs Sydney, SCG, Saturday 7th May, 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Who comes in and who goes out?

Seems like Budarick did something to his ankle so that's probably a forced change. I'd say Macpherson is in the firing line.

Moyle, Constable, Hollands, Atkins and Flanders were the five best for us in the VFL according to the stats.

Day and Jeffrey kicked three goals each in the VFL but you couldn't possibly drop Casboult or Chol after their performances against the Pies.

Do we finally pull the trigger and debut Hollands? I think I'd rather Elijah in the forward line than Macpherson after what I saw today.

I wouldn't mind changing things up but I'm sure we will just be pretty much the same line up as usual
Jeffery casboult rosas
Ainsworth chol hollands
Luko Anderson rankine
Weller ballard markov
Lemmens Collins farrar
Witts Rowell miller
Ellis constable Flanders swallow

After last week and this week, got a bad feeling it is going to be a long year.
I mean, the Pies are not that good.
They got beat by the Eagles ffs.
But the Pies scored 100 points against us by 3 quarter time.
Did the coaches and players review last week? Will be looking at some of the same stuff this week.

Swans, Dockers (Metricon), Dogs.
Good luck to us we are gonna need it.

I wouldn't mind changing things up but I'm sure we will just be pretty much the same line up as usual
Jeffery casboult rosas
Ainsworth chol hollands
Luko Anderson rankine
Weller ballard markov
Lemmens Collins farrar
Witts Rowell miller
Ellis constable Flanders swallow

Rosas 7 games, Jeffrey 4 games, and Hollands 0. Not ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Got to play Sharp or Atkins whole game and lock them in for a month to give them a run. Ideally Sharp, but Atkins looked good for patches at VFL level today. Would like to get Jeffrey back into the 1s, too. Looked like one of our most dangerous in the forward 50 in the VFL. Weller dropped for lack of form.

Out: Weller, Davies
In: Sharp, Jeffrey

Ellis to half-back to take Weller's position.

Anderson to wing. Sharp/Atkins on the other.

Fiorini to on-ball and watch Callum Mills. Tag him out if necessary.

Just doing those positional changes and I think we look stronger IMO.

love to see moyle get a taste same as hollands. add some spark to the team as atm its like my love life lacking ooof

lmao my sydney mate texting me saying "suns will win, we are shit"

cmon mate don't give me hope

lmao my sydney mate texting me saying "suns will win, we are shit"

cmon mate don't give me hope
We do have a good record against the Swans in recent seasons. Dew will have to do everything right to get the job done next week but our history against Sydney at least gives me a glimmer of hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im scared. if they do same game plan with same personnel (bar injury replacements), this could be richmond v west coast kinda margin
No chance of that I would have thought. WC were non competitive. Regardless of hyperbole, we compete pretty well.

Sydney pretty soundly swatted aside by the Lions.

My early tip would be a 30 point win to the Swans.

Do we give Jeffrey a chance this week? Seems like he played well in the VFL with 3 goals, 14 disposals, 3 marks and 3 tackles. He'd give us more height and speed which is probably two areas we need to improve in right now.

Do we give Jeffrey a chance this week? Seems like he played well in the VFL with 3 goals, 14 disposals, 3 marks and 3 tackles. He'd give us more height and speed which is probably two areas we need to improve in right now.
He'd offer more than Darcy, that's for sure.

I think it would to be a good idea but will he be able to make any impact.
Burgess kicks 6 and is moved to the backs, Corbett kicks 5 and had limited impact. Rosas did well in his first week and basically did nothing on the weekend.
We have to try something but maybe the step up is too big from VFL to AFL. Obviously the more games we get into our younger players the better off they'll be. Getting them to the 50 to 100 games is the problem

I'm not sure what the selectors were hoping for with DMac but I'm absolutely sure Charlie Constable does it better;)

On a more positive note I watched the VFL game replay and was surprised at Rory T's closing speed
Was always his super power and I presumed it would be lost following the knee surgery
Ok-it's VFL, it's Werribee but was encouraging
I'm starting to think a half fit, half arsed Rory is better than mostly everyone trying for the tall defender spot
At least he's a smart footballer

I think it would to be a good idea but will he be able to make any impact.
Burgess kicks 6 and is moved to the backs, Corbett kicks 5 and had limited impact. Rosas did well in his first week and basically did nothing on the weekend.
We have to try something but maybe the step up is too big from VFL to AFL. Obviously the more games we get into our younger players the better off they'll be. Getting them to the 50 to 100 games is the problem
Sexton has played 150 games and kicked 150 goals but languishing in the 2's

I'm not sure what the selectors were hoping for with DMac but I'm absolutely sure Charlie Constable does it better;)

On a more positive note I watched the VFL game replay and was surprised at Rory T's closing speed
Was always his super power and I presumed it would be lost following the knee surgery
I'm starting to think a half fit, half arsed Rory is better than mostly everyone trying for the tall defender spot
Are you suggesting Rory might be selected this week?

Yeah, just finished watching VFL game. Rory is improving and still got speed. I was shocked that Rory had 7 tackles. I suspect a couple more games in VFL and he could 'debut' :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back