Preview Round 9, 2022: St.Kilda v Geelong - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 14th May, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • Cats

Votes: 18 38.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In: billings, Byrnes,

Out: butler, wanganeen-milera (rested),

B: Paton Howard Wilkie
Hb: hill battle Webster
C: McKenzie crouch Byrnes
Hf: billings membrey Gresham
F: higgins king Marshall
Foll: ryder Steele Sinclair
Int: jones wood Ross long
Sub: Geary

Emer: highmore Sharman conolly Owens

Don’t waste the sub on a kid or for someone pressing for a spot, let windhager go back now after having a taste and bang the door down for another crack. Geary can play forward, wing and back so the perfect sub imo. Play Gresham predominately forward with Sinclair playing as a full time mid and hill a full time back. Jones to play some mid minutes and off half back and long to play as a pressure forward. Wood is on thin ice for me, he got a bit of the ball the last 2 weeks but his decision making is really letting him down. Give Clark another week in the twos and nasiah probably needs a freshen up.

I think we should have someone play a defensive role on steward. Maybe skunk. Intercepting defenders have killed us. I said it last week but teams know we’re going to winx. I’m worried for our defence too this week
Pretty sure skunk played on Allir Allir. Was 40m away from him every time I saw the ball go their way

Don’t waste the sub on a kid or for someone pressing for a spot, let windhager go back now after having a taste and bang the door down for another crack. Geary can play forward, wing and back so the perfect sub imo. Play Gresham predominately forward with Sinclair playing as a full time mid and hill a full time back. Jones to play some mid minutes and off half back and long to play as a pressure forward. Wood is on thin ice for me, he got a bit of the ball the last 2 weeks but his decision making is really letting him down. Give Clark another week in the twos and nasiah probably needs a freshen up.
Sandy has a bye this week

Sandy have a bye this week so might as well keep Windhager as the sub.

Changes this week are imo butler for billings. Lose pressure but hopefully gain more attacking options. Milera has to be rested and I think Byrnes deserves a go. Not sure he is a wingman but we don’t have a lot of choices. That depth when winning all of a sudden looks average when losing.
Not sure the depth looks average, Sandy are winning and playing well. In the past they've been shit and we've had no good players in those games, right now there are plenty that deserve a game. From the weekend you have Billings Clark Highmore Lienert all guys that have played ones and played well also Byrnes who has been dominating.

Don't get why you'd say it looks average, to me it looks very good at the moment mostly thanks to our lack of injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Stewart is absolutely the key to this matchup. Change my mind
Could not agree more. Players like Stewart, L.Ryan, Moore, Aliir, May etc have been our cryptonite for years.

This is an essential problem for us to work out not just this week, but if we ever want to be a serious September team.

Realistically, Stewart would have to be about $1.20 for the 3 votes. Spotlight 100% should be on the coaching panel to see what they do this week.

Great point. Showed last year he can play
Like Dmac. I believe dmac’s success story genuinely lifted the vfl lot to give it their all. Sinclair too. No reason why kent can’t play if he genuinely plays better than the other smalls. Owens and Bytel and Byrnes know there’s a place for them if they can earn it. Sharman and Highmore will keep plugging away because they know they can make it back in

Could not agree more. Players like Stewart, L.Ryan, Moore, Aliir, May etc have been our cryptonite for years.

This is an essential problem for us to work out not just this week, but if we ever want to be a serious September team.

Realisticaally, Stewart would have to be about the $1.20 fav for the 3 votes. Spotlight should 100% be on the coaching panel this week to see what they do this week.
When I think of finals I have nightmares of the panic setting in and reverting to the bomb long to the interceptor gameplan.

It’s so deflating seeing them constantly intercept and cut off everything we try

When I think of finals I have nightmares of the panic setting in and reverting to the bomb long to the interceptor gameplan.

It’s so deflating seeing them constantly intercept and cut off everything we try
Last 4 games against us:

20 disposals, 8 marks, 6 rebound 50s
21 disposals, 6 marks, 9 rebound 50s
22 disposals, 5 marks, 6 rebound 50s
23 disposals, 4 marks, 6 rebound 50s

One game was with Geary playing a purely defensive role on him (and managing 4 touches and 1 tackle while Stewart controlled where we kicked it all night). By memory we have tried both Battle and Members on him defensively (maybe even Carlisle too), without much success.

Those stats also do not even touch the surface on his general influence over how we move the ball forward. Out and out gun. For me, game won or lost right here

Not sure the depth looks average, Sandy are winning and playing well. In the past they've been shit and we've had no good players in those games, right now there are plenty that deserve a game. From the weekend you have Billings Clark Highmore Lienert all guys that have played ones and played well also Byrnes who has been dominating.

Don't get why you'd say it looks average, to me it looks very good at the moment mostly thanks to our lack of injuries.
Because I think those players apart from obviously billings and Clark are just your typical d grade players. I also think the depth will be much better next year when owens windhanger etc move into a c plus standard if not higher. Let’s face it we have wood long windhanger Milera and butler in the side on Sunday. I don’t think 2 or 3 of them have suddenly improved. Just in the right place at the right time. The 2 young ones will be good but are d grade players at this stage. We couldn’t fit everyone in 3 games ago. Now there seems to be plenty of spots.

Realistically, Stewart would have to be about $1.20 for the 3 votes. Spotlight 100% should be on the coaching panel to see what they do this week.
You say that but I think our problem is against Melbourne was we spent to much time thinking of ways of stopping may and lever. We did but unfortunately it meant we went forward far to slowly. We need to go back to taking the game on. If Stewart marks it well and good as long as we get enough chances. Alir alir got plenty of the ball for port but if we kick well or even slightly better we still win the game.

We need to get the ball before we worry about who to kick it to- too many Melbourne players got more of the ball for a quarter and a half, same scenrio as PA the week before. We need our midfield to get turned on from the first bounce, and stay switched on.

Billings and Clark in

Butler has been struggling for a few weeks with his achilles apparently so he can have a spell

NWM probably the other one
I'd keep NWM in and take Mason Wood out, he can't kick for goal which could of cost us serious momentum, and his attack on the ball isn't important.

Wood, Butler Paton Out

Billings, Geary Byrnes In

I'd keep NWM in and take Mason Wood out, he can't kick for goal which could of cost us serious momentum, and his attack on the ball isn't important.

Wood, Butler Paton Out

Billings, Geary Byrnes In
Geary? He has been a champion of the club but I hope we play young guys before him every time this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back