Preview Round 9: St.Kilda v Sydney - ES (H), Saturday 20 May 2017, 1:45pm AEST *Gears 150th, Jill's 100th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised there aren't more melts about Bruce-- wanted him dropped last week, and their were mega melts

don't confuse melts with conversation and discussion, as has been pointed out, Bruce's and Membrey's stats aren't significantly different ( vs 2016 ) except in 1 department, marks i50. Of all the contested marks he has nearly held every game, if he held 1 of those and converted, his stats would be better. I don't think anyone said he was in even good form, just that his efforts and the structure he provides ( has he been out marked this season? ) were important, and more so to the fact that Paddy's efforts at AFL were below the level required.

also, I think a few of us are over the drop/delist calls every week, sometimes you have to back in players and show faith.

I know it's stating the obvious but Sydney's strengths are well documented ... winning contested possessions and the tackle count. We just have to bring our A-game in those areas and deliver a big 4 quarter effort.

Will be interesting to look back after the match and compare the following -
Steven/Ross/Steele to Kennedy/Parker/Hannebery
Paddy/Rooey/Membrey to Buddy/Tippett/Reid
Newnes to Jones
Roberton to Rampe

This game will tell a tale I think. If we are as improved as we all hope we can win it. If we go down we will be back in the pack and I think the jury will still be out on our improvement. Fingers crossed because it's going to be huge.

Predicting membrey domination against his old side. 4 goals at least. Mattress guts 2. Billings solid with 2 and 25 disposals. Carisle to hold buddy well and Stuv and stevens to gel in the midfield. Saints by 22

Predicting membrey domination against his old side. 4 goals at least. Mattress guts 2. Billings solid with 2 and 25 disposals. Carisle to hold buddy well and Stuv and stevens to gel in the midfield. Saints by 22
Mattress and JB should run a muck.

Membrey will likely get the Rampe matchup though, will be tough to have great impact

Mattress and JB should run a muck.

Membrey will likely get the Rampe matchup though, will be tough to have great impact

I hope Mattress kicks a big bag , will give him such confidence to kick 5 or more goals in one game . The way he's been playing in the vfl has been so promising, hope he brings that form although I know it's a big step up in quality of defenders.

Sent via HAL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** I'm excited! :)
Me too Rors......

It's amazing that as you said,we snagged the spoon only 2.5 years ago and boy...were things looking grim then.

But as Terry Wallet said on SEN Thur arvo(very rare Saints airtime ...he wasn't bagging us) our recruiting has been sensational....great pickups and most at a very cheap price....or for Membrey....a bag of chips !!!!

The club is being set up extremely well for the next 5-10 years.

Exciting times ahead indeed.

Exactly what I'll be attempting today although she has been teething and unwell lately so we'll see how I go
When my little one was was younger last year I had him asleep on my lap when gresh kicked that goal against the cats I nearly threw him off the couch. It Woke him up and I spent the next few hours trying to get him back to sleep - at least I had the replay to keep me going

These buggers have had our number for years and given us multiple hidings. I'm not confident at all but if we win we're a genuine top 8 side.

When my little one was was younger last year I had him asleep on my lap when gresh kicked that goal against the cats I nearly threw him off the couch. It Woke him up and I spent the next few hours trying to get him back to sleep - at least I had the replay to keep me going
That Geelong game will forever be burnt in my brain, because my third kid was born the very next day. The wife and I reckon that the end of that game, with Gresh's goal, was so exciting that it was labour inducing.

In these modern times, beating the opposition is that least of our problems

77EBE9B9-2999-42CF-853F-16536EF80B78.jpg

I hope Mattress kicks a big bag , will give him such confidence to kick 5 or more goals in one game . The way he's been playing in the vfl has been so promising, hope he brings that form although I know it's a big step up in quality of defenders.

Sent via HAL

Going from the magoos to the seniors at amateur level is like a different game altogether. It must be a huuuuge difference for the AFL. Paddy will know about it today. Hope he's good enough. Maybe a lucky one early will be all he needs.

Am I the only one who finds posters on here calling Paddy matress guts derogative, pointless and in no way a positive?...

On to the game, slightly annoying we play Sydney with a bit of form behind them. But if we're good enough (which I like to think we are), then we should beat them. Paddy needs to impose himself on every contest, work his backside off to get to as many contests as he can and if he's able to clunk a few, he needs to kick straightly. He'll have a very good defender in Grundy most likely, so it's good he's going in with some form behind him. Every time we've brought someone in from the VFL they've made an impact, so here's to Paddy kicking a bag!

Mids need to continue their form, because we will struggle if we don't at least break even at the contested ball. Confident we have the quality and depth to do it!

Let's go Saints! Backing us in an 18 point win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back