Round 9 - St Kilda vs Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

people bag Dempster alot, but i feel he has not been too bad as a defensive type of palyer. I would put him ahead of baker, clarke, mcqualter etc.

Yeah I thought Dempster was quite good against Melbourne. With Baker out and also coming to the end of his career we need someone to play that defensive role on dangerous mids or small forwards.

Some different stats from the game.

Inside 50 targets:
Milne 9
Kosi 6
Riewoldt 4
Schneider 3
Siposs 3

1%'ers:
Blake 10
Dempster 9
Dal 8
Monty 7
Riewoldt 7
Fisher 7
Peake 6
Armo 6

Inside 50 tackles : 6
Armo 3

Dempster in the midfield in the last to nullify Sylvia who had 12 possessions in the 3rd qtr. Kept him to 4 in the last. A lot of his work goes unnoticed.

You could also say that's the only reason Jurrah made his move late and kicked two in the last, purely because we needed Sean elsewhere to put out another spotfire.

Some different stats from the game.

Inside 50 targets:
Milne 9
Kosi 6
Riewoldt 4
Schneider 3
Siposs 3

1%'ers:
Blake 10
Dempster 9
Dal 8
Monty 7
Riewoldt 7
Fisher 7
Peake 6
Armo 6

Inside 50 tackles : 6
Armo 3

Milne 33%, Riewoldt 75%, Schnieder 33%, Siposs 33% goals per delivery.

How ordinary were the Dees in the back line? I havnt seen so much space in our forward line since....... hmm I cant remember.
Softest win ive ever seen. I almost fell asleep in the 3rd quater and I probably would have if I didnt have live bets going. Melbourne are rubbish. Bailey <---- worst coach ever.

I wouldn't be too condescending about the Dees. We only won by 20, and they've got 8+ of their best out with injury.

Watching the game we should have won by plenty, but couldn't shake them off, although I always thought we'd win.

I wouldn't be too condescending about the Dees. We only won by 20, and they've got 8+ of their best out with injury.

Watching the game we should have won by plenty, but couldn't shake them off, although I always thought we'd win.

Well the guy we had out is better than their 8+ all together. In fact I think we should start a new religion dedicated to Lenny Hayes.
Gardiner was out.
Kosi was out.... well the lights were on ,but no-one was home.
Ummmm Jarryn Geary was injured. I'm sure he'd be playing if available/
Ummmm Steven Baker was suspended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 9 - St Kilda vs Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back