Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this week I was convinced on moving Rocky on but the Gents on here have given great advice to keep him and have 'turned me' :)

So I've gone Marchbank and Hampton to Yeo and McNeice.

Any other possibilities present themselves??

View attachment 372221
Two weeks out from the buys and you are trading in someone that hasn't been picked??

If he wants out of freo. As the rumours contend. They will play him IMO. Freo will want trade value. Rest of the year in the twos. Like cam McCarthy is counter productive.
He must of been in WA for a few years to be home sick?
Every club does things differnt with home sick players or player that wanna leave,we just let them walk.

Yeah honestly in his situation when you are on the brink of best 22 you should stay and play if you really value your career. If i was ross I would make him come back through the waffle.
I would have traded him this week but he's such a good loophole.
I'm holding out hope greenwood goes OK. Grab him r11 when balic becomes a liability.

He must of been in WA for a few years to be home sick?
Every club does things differnt with home sick players or player that wanna leave,we just let them walk.
Didn't he not want to go to freo in the first place.
Seem to remember when he was drafted.
I could be wrong.

I need to pick 1 of 3 scenarios, current $308k in the bank. I prefer Scenario 1, then that leaves SPP as extra cover over the main bye rounds however the extra $$ from Scenario 2 could come in handy??

Thoughts?

Scenario 1
Barrett ->JPK (& be left with $28k)

Scenario 2
SPP -> JPK (be left with $100k)

Scenario 3
Hannan -> Heeney or Greene (be left with around $10k)

Didn't he not want to go to freo in the first place.
Seem to remember when he was drafted.
I could be wrong.
I dont think rookies should get a choice where they get drafted.
But on the other hand clubs need to keep there players happy enough to get the best of of them.

I would have traded him this week but he's such a good loophole.
I'm holding out hope greenwood goes OK. Grab him r11 when balic becomes a liability.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to trade him to myers this week. I really want myers for the byes and some cash generation but all of my rookies still have cash to make. Its either SPP or Balic to downgrade to Myers and SPP definitely has the better upside plus will actually play. Even if he comes back in 2 weeks he won't go straight into the team and has the bye the next week so we won't see him again until round 14.

But on the other hand clubs need to keep there players happy enough to get the best of of them.
Understand why you would say that.
But I think it shit recruitment taking a rookie who will leave asap.
Brisbane wasted there 1st draft pick last year IMO.
You have to talk to them IMO.

I need to pick 1 of 3 scenarios, current $308k in the bank. I prefer Scenario 1, then that leaves SPP as extra cover over the main bye rounds however the extra $$ from Scenario 2 could come in handy??

Thoughts?

Scenario 1
Barrett ->JPK (& be left with $28k)

Scenario 2
SPP -> JPK (be left with $100k)

Scenario 3
Hannan -> Heeney or Greene (be left with around $10k)
Any team with Hannan no longer in it is infinitely stronger.

Yeah if you really can't handle moving don't even bother with the draft or tell the teams you will leave like chad wingard did. No point wasting your time and the teams time if you don't want to be there.

Understand why you would say that.
But I think it shit recruitment taking a rookie who will leave asap.
Brisbane wasted there 1st draft pick last year IMO.
You have to talk to them IMO.
Exactly what happened with Chad Wingard. GWS interviewed him and wanted to draft him but he made it perfectly clear that he wanted to be in Adelaide and would most likely seek a trade after his first two seasons, so they didn't take him. I know players just wanted to be drafted and ultimately don't have a choice where they go, but in that instance it worked for both parties with the player being honest up front. GWS didn't get a player that didn't want to be there and Chad got to stay in Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I'm going to get Walters. I will have 20 trades left after getting him, and he will complete my forward line. Then I need 5 more upgrades with Otten, Marchbank, Newman, Taranto, and SPS on the field. Which should leave me with best case 10 trades, and worst about 8 left after fully upgraded for injuries etc. If I trade SPP to Walters and walters fails, the worst case would be that Walters makes about the same amount as SPP and gets better scores. Best case is Ross keeps him in the middle and he becomes a keeper.
Remember picken a few years ago? Role change and become a gun keeper, could Walters be this years picken? I'm actually tempted now.

DoI trade out Butler, Balic or Pickett?
Butler & Balic have really hurt me.
Same time Pickett is a spud. I would get 110K extra trading Butler which could be useful in bye weeks.

How long will Balic be out for?

DoI trade out Butler, Balic or Pickett?
Butler & Balic have really hurt me.
Same time Pickett is a spud. I would get 110K extra trading Butler which could be useful in bye weeks.

How long will Balic be out for?

How long is a piece of string? Depending on cash requirements I would trade Picket first. Absolute spud. The other two are at least a chance of getting back in.

Two weeks out from the buys and you are trading in someone that hasn't been picked??
Really don't want to but I need a round 12 premo and Yeo fits the bill. that leaves me with $124,000 for a back rookie. It would be awesome if I had $30,000 extra to bring in Perryman but I don't. Think McNiece is the best bet to get on the ground soon with the under $124,000 rooks. Calculated risk that I don't really like taking but cannot figure a another way around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back