Autopsy Round 9 vs West Coast @ OPTUS - 12/05/23 - 8:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

In all seriousness this could be a danger game. We spent every ticket we have tonight and copped some more injuries with a trip to Perth too. Not gonna be as easy as we hoped.
I hear you but hopefully someone from the VFL can come in and fill some spots.
WC only have 26 fit players for heavens sake.
Our guys are sitting on top of the VFL ladder. Surely someone can step up

Hard to think about the future after that deflating loss…

But I guess Andrew for Ballard is probably as like for like as we can get. Or Graham. But Andrew had a great game in the VFL today. If he can play the Ballard interceptor role that would be ideal.

A few players could come under consideration from the VFL, especially if Weller, Ainsworth or Holman don’t slot back in.

Not sure if Chol gets a week for his head-high either. Didn’t really get to see it properly. But if so, could be a forced change for Burgess perhaps.

Flanders was disappointing. Think he was rushed back. Tsitas as sub didn’t get near it in the last quarter. Would t be surprised if we rotated one out completely.

% Booster. Just stop Oscar Allen and they won't kick a goal

I hear you but hopefully someone from the VFL can come in and fill some spots.
WC only have 26 fit players for heavens sake.
Our guys are sitting on top of the VFL ladder. Surely someone can step up
Why bring in players? The team played bloody well. Watching VFL game, I liked Andrew, Moyle, Brock, Jeffrey, Burgess, Sexton but VFL is not AFL. Hollands, Farrar did not impress me.

Dew said Ballard is fine (just precautionary). Long got nasty knock so he could be out. Dew also sounded like Weller, Ainsworth and Holman could still be out next week.

Why bring in players? The team played bloody well. VFL is not AFL.

Dew said Ballard is fine (just precautionary). Long got nasty knock so he could be out. Dew also sounded like Weller, Ainsworth and Holman could still be out next week.
The guys we can't fit in are at the other end, Sexton, Burgess, McLaughlin.

Only Mac is really afl quality down back and we've seen how he went.

Hard to think about the future after that deflating loss…

But I guess Andrew for Ballard is probably as like for like as we can get. Or Graham. But Andrew had a great game in the VFL today. If he can play the Ballard interceptor role that would be ideal.

A few players could come under consideration from the VFL, especially if Weller, Ainsworth or Holman don’t slot back in.

Not sure if Chol gets a week for his head-high either. Didn’t really get to see it properly. But if so, could be a forced change for Burgess perhaps.

Flanders was disappointing. Think he was rushed back. Tsitas as sub didn’t get near it in the last quarter. Would t be surprised if we rotated one out completely.
Dew sounded optimistic about Ballard, no concussion, just precautionary.

I thought Graham had pretty poor game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be tempted to bring Jeffrey in for Long and see how he goes at the top level off half-back against the Eagles small forwards. But assume they go Mac.

Sexton probably back as sub, but I can’t see any other changes unless Ballard or someone else pulls up sore.

Dew sounded optimistic about Ballard, no concussion, just precautionary.
I would agree. Definitely sounded like he was pleasantly surprised and I'm guessing he's expecting Ballard to play against the Eagles. Massive relief!

Dew also said Ainsworth, Holman and Weller will all be tests this week.

I'll be at this game. As a Perth bloke, I get to see and hear a lot about WC, and honestly they are not looking good with very few players to pick from. We really should have them covered across the whole ground
Good stuff, mate! It's always nice to hear from Suns fans based in other states and their unique perspective on things. I would agree that this one should be a comfortable win for us. Hopefully we can get our percentage back above 100 after this one.

I'm curious. Do you find we get much support when we play at Optus or not really? The Vic supporter base seems to have really grown in the last few years and I'm wondering if something similar might be happening in other states.

I would agree. Definitely sounded like he was pleasantly surprised and I'm guessing he's expecting Ballard to play against the Eagles. Massive relief!

Dew also said Ainsworth, Holman and Weller will all be tests this week.

Good stuff, mate! It's always nice to hear from Suns fans based in other states and their unique perspective on things. I would agree that this one should be a comfortable win for us. Hopefully we can get our percentage back above 100 after this one.

I'm curious. Do you find we get much support when we play at Optus or not really? The Vic supporter base seems to have really grown in the last few years and I'm wondering if something similar might be happening in other states.
Na not much support to be honest, there's a few of us scattered around and a few behind the goals, but it's a long way to go before we reach the noise that the Vic Army are making on tv

I would drop Chol based on his performance last night but if there was ever a game to get him going it would be against West Coast. If he struggles in that game then it's not going to happen against the good teams.

I would drop Chol based on his performance last night but if there was ever a game to get him going it would be against West Coast. If he struggles in that game then it's not going to happen against the good teams.

Thought he had some really good moments mixed with some absolute shocking moments.

Thought he had some really good moments mixed with some absolute shocking moments.

The problem is it's all about him. If he doesn't get hit up with a perfect lead or get it cheating out the back he refuses to just do team thing and just half a contest and bring it to ground or hold it in. He's got the talent to win games off his own boot but he needs a rocket up him to lift his work rate and be more team orientated.

The problem is it's all about him. If he doesn't get hit up with a perfect lead or get it cheating out the back he refuses to just do team thing and just half a contest and bring it to ground or hold it in. He's got the talent to win games off his own boot but he needs a rocket up him to lift his work rate and be more team orientated.

Wish he brought down that hanger though. Butter fingers.

Why bring in players? The team played bloody well. Watching VFL game, I liked Andrew, Moyle, Brock, Jeffrey, Burgess, Sexton but VFL is not AFL. Hollands, Farrar did not impress me.

I was replying to a poster that said there were some injuries from last night.
I would be hard pressed to make very many changes to that side.
Chol needs to have a big game this week because Burgess could fill his role based on what he does in the VFL side

Remove this Banner Ad

Back