Rounds 9 & 10 - Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 9 trades

Mcleod?? I'd go for someone with a little more upside not on the decline. Has improved his average from last year but yeah.. Not for SC really. What about Gilbert? Fisher? Carrazzo? or even Harry Taylor if your feeling unique?
I've already got Gilbert and Carrazzo. ;)

Anyway if I trade Ladson then I can spend up to 460k and they are way over that.

Re: Round 9 - Trades

I'm thinking of pulling a double switch this week:

Jason Gram OUT --> Heath Shaw IN
Jack Trengove OUT --> one of: Dal Santo/Cross/Pendlebury/Bartel IN

Dal Santo - usually a consistent performer, the cheapest of these four players
Cross - break even is just 77, averaging a stellar 112
Pendlebury - break even of 144, so you'd think he will drop further but should score well on Friday
Bartel - break even of 118 and a solid 109 average. I am stacked with Cats though (Ablett, Enright, Chapman, Selwood, Podsiadly) - too heavy?

Although the only problem with these trades is that I will be left with little to no money left in the bank, but my team would be:

Goddard, Enright, H. Shaw, Hodge, Newman, Malceski, Maguire (Nason, Silvagni)
Ablett, Goodes, J. Selwood, Judd, Barlow, Dal Santo/Cross/Pendlebury/Bartel (Jetta, Moles)
Sandilands, Hille (Warnock, Lobbe)
Chapman, O'Keefe, Brown, L. Davis, Posdiadly, Peterson, Gumbleton (Fyfe, P. Davis)

Pretty solid throughout, but I will need a couple of forward upgrades and potentially Maguire (but his price is rising at a rate of knots). Assuming Gumbleton scores close to his average this week and Jack Watts plays well enough to justify selection, I can do that trade next week which will give me a cap of $160,300 (providing I buy Dal Santo this week). It would only leave me with 8 trades, but getting closer to my final team.

Thoughts on where I should go from here and whether my strategy is right for this week?

That's a pretty risky fwd line but to be honest it's been an inconsistent year for fwds. How many trades left??

That's a pretty risky fwd line but to be honest it's been an inconsistent year for fwds. How many trades left??

If I pull the trigger on these trades, my team would look like this with 8 trades and $160,300 remaining:

Goddard, Enright, H. Shaw, Hodge, Newman, Malceski, Maguire (Nason, Silvagni)
Ablett, Goodes, J. Selwood, Judd, Barlow, Dal Santo (Jetta, Moles)
Sandilands, Hille (Warnock, Lobbe)
Chapman, O'Keefe, Brown, L. Davis, Posdiadly, Peterson, Fyfe (Watts, P. Davis)

Why is everyone jumping on Webberly yet Sheppard has not even gotten a mention? Is it simply because Sheppard is 55k more?

Who does everyone think has better job security?

I'm thinking of going:

Waters --> Webberly/Sheppard = +255k/+200k (and Schmidt comes off the bench)

Brennan --> Franklin/Grundy (who should I choose!?)

Any comments appreciated.

Why is everyone jumping on Webberly yet Sheppard has not even gotten a mention? Is it simply because Sheppard is 55k more?

Who does everyone think has better job security?

Money is very important. 55k could make/break a team. Plus, Richmond=crap. Webberly should get guaranteed games.

trade colin sylvia to chris dawes this week

dustin martin downgrade to tony armstrong

next week scrotty gumbleton to a adam goodes or davis if they get a decent score

What is everybodies opinions?

Sounds like a massive headache lol. Do you really want to be starting with Fyfe?? I be careful on getting Roberton in. Didn't get selected despite Freo's ongoing dramas offield and in the medical room. Your trades this week look alright although I think Carrazzo is a bit of a point chaser after his 1 big game. He may be tagging again this week after roaming around last week. I still ROK will drop over 1-2 weeks so I wouldn't stress about picking him up too soon.

Cheers mate. Yeah if I can find another option for roberton I'd be stoked but my league is averaging 2200 and I'm going for the league win so need to keep on my toes. Not comfortable with weberly and roberton as cover but need to take some risks to stay alive.
I'm comfortable starting fyfe/Davis/Hitchcock for the next few weeks till I can get didak or someone in, plus I'll have mpp with rok in the mids.
I'd like to do fyfe to Chappy but I'd prob rather go fyfe to didak and goose to cross or shaw.
Hmm I'll do this week and them consider next weeks then. Might be able to go that 150k def if rok drops 40 and bastinac goes up 20

I've traded Gumby to Watts and Trengove to Goddard - to have a DP link in the mids.

I thought about trading in Playfair, but I don't see him lasting long enough to be worth it.

next week scrotty gumbleton to a adam goodes or davis if they get a decent score

Chris Dawes? :eek: That would be the dumbest trade l ever did see!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went with Gram > Webberley and freed up enough cash to upgrade Hayden > Goddard. Had to be done, Goddard may not get any cheaper.

I know someone who traded out Chris Yarran and got Dawes in. He also traded in Cruize Garlett in for Jetta too. Clearly has no idea.

I think a pretty standard trade this week will be Waters OUT Webberly (or Sheppard) IN... I was sold on Webberly over Sheppard a day ago as I was thinking the $94k will increase moreso than the $149k if both players avg about the same (50-60's)... BUT, am now thinking Sheppard mite go a bit better and be more consistent than Webberly. I mean, either should be a good bench cover/cash cow for future upgrade but it's such a line ball call... With Masten out (and Glass out this week) I mite change my mind and go for Sheppard. Anyone got any advice before I hit the trade button???

to be honest, that trade is neither here nor there. gotta go to a cash cow or upgrade to a premium!

i have to agree, unless your back line is severely lacking its hard to go past grabbing webberley or sheppard. if you need the points and can afford it, don't screw around, grab a definite keeper.

I think a pretty standard trade this week will be Waters OUT Webberly (or Sheppard) IN... I was sold on Webberly over Sheppard a day ago as I was thinking the $94k will increase moreso than the $149k if both players avg about the same (50-60's)... BUT, am now thinking Sheppard mite go a bit better and be more consistent than Webberly. I mean, either should be a good bench cover/cash cow for future upgrade but it's such a line ball call... With Masten out (and Glass out this week) I mite change my mind and go for Sheppard. Anyone got any advice before I hit the trade button???

from what i've read webberley has done pretty well. sheppard got some big wraps at the start of the season and was probably in most peoples initial squads (before the round 1 teams were announced). chances are he will do really well, but at the same time webberley seems to be a young tough backman, the kind of player that hardwick would love to see out there. i doubt you'll go wrong with either, but i imagine that extra $50k would come in handy somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back