Rounds 9 & 10 - Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 10 - Trades

Thought about upgrading Martin to Goodes?

Not bad if you need to save cash, but there are some very good cheap options in the midfield this week. Murphy and Bartel for starters. If you can afford to get someone about $500k in I definitely would, because your midfield is definitely your scoring engine.

Kennelly out hurts.

As I haven't got many trades left, and already copping Broughton's injury on the bench so I might be forced to trade... I've set myself up with pretty good MPP flexibility but I'd like to get a DEF / FWD to be able to maneuvre Davis when required (currently forward line).

Question is, who are the eligible FWD / DEF MPP players?! I've found heaps of FWD / MID and MID / DEF...

Kennelly out hurts.

As I haven't got many trades left, and already copping Broughton's injury on the bench so I might be forced to trade... I've set myself up with pretty good MPP flexibility but I'd like to get a DEF / FWD to be able to maneuvre Davis when required (currently forward line).

Question is, who are the eligible FWD / DEF MPP players?! I've found heaps of FWD / MID and MID / DEF...

Waite and Grundy are the two best I think, off the top of my head.

Grundy, Waite or Hurley :)

I'm after a little advice myself. My team is going ok, 2152 this week, but my forward line is really killing me, with Betts Rioli and Brown getting 94 between them :(

Fwd line is currently: Chappy, Pav, Brown, Grundy, Betts, Pods, Rioli (Gumby, Fyfe)

I have 415k in the bank and thinking of one of either Rioli or Brown to Didak or Franklin, thoughts?

Also, with Fyfe's recent scores, should I think of even committing him to F7 and then trading Rioli > Franlin/Didak then Brown > Playfair/Watts for the cash?

Got 9 trades left and 125k in the bank. Want to jump on 2 more downgrades before I hit a stretch where I must not trade. Want to downgrade Gumby this week to Playfair, and Warnock to Skipper. Both look like JS is safe for now and will give me 385k in the bank with 3 premium upgrades nearly reachable directly in the next month or so. Could be able to offload Maguire and Schmidt for Scotland and Lake/Gilbee, and rockliff for Buddy or Grundy.

Will still have Nason, Playfair and Hitchcock as lock downgrade options to fund my upgrade options (Boyd for Swan) and maybe a backup mpp defmid to carry me for 10-12 rounds :)

my F7 to Fbench is hitchcock, rockliff and gumby.....

want to cash in on gumby... who is better watts or playfair??

my F7 to Fbench is hitchcock, rockliff and gumby.....

want to cash in on gumby... who is better watts or playfair??

Watts should stay in the team for the rest of the season you'd think, but Playfair gets you an extra $40k and a mature body.

What do people think of this?

OUT: Kennelly (inj), Waters (peak)
IN: Hargrave (not 100% on this guy, but has upside and fits the bill), Fisher/Goodwin (whichever has more upside)

Thoughts? Leaves me with all but six trades left (yikes!). After this, have Goose/Cunnington to upgrade (will ride Hall/Rioli train), and then I'm done.

ssnorters.png

Team at the current moment. Thoughts?

Judd (602k) or Montagna (535k)??

I have 344k in the bank and am upgrading martin to either Judd or Montagna.

I currently have Ablett, Swan, Boyd, Mitchell, and Barlow.

I may also upgarde mitchell to either in rounds leading up to the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm thinking;

Gumbleton > Playfair/ Forward Rookie
Maguire > Gilbee

Backline will then be a beast with only another midfield and forward trade to have my team looking sexy. Still got 14 trades up my sleeve, 12 if I go through with these two. One Jonathan Brown is starting to worry me a bit though.

What you think, decent trade?

7 trades left

This week:

Martin -> Goodes, Maguire -> Hargrave

Team then:

B: Hodge, Goddard, Enright, Goodwin, Malceski, Hargrave, Waters (Davis, Roberton)
M: Ablett, Chapman, Selwood, Pendlebury, Hayes, Barlow (Cunnington, Shuey)
R: Sandilands, Cox (Warnock, 83K)
F: Pavlich, Gia, Goodes, ROK, Brown, Pods, Ziebell (Rockliff, Hughes)

Trade strategy: NO TRADES for a few weeks. Leading up to finals. 2 downgrades of Davis, Cunnington and Rockliff. Then with that cash and 40K I have in the bank 2-3 upgrades from Waters, Ziebell and Pods (likely Pods a keeper). That's in the perfect world of the injury gods not striking but this is close to a finished product

7 trades left

This week:

Martin -> Goodes, Maguire -> Hargrave

Team then:

B: Hodge, Goddard, Enright, Goodwin, Malceski, Hargrave, Waters (Davis, Roberton)
M: Ablett, Chapman, Selwood, Pendlebury, Hayes, Barlow (Cunnington, Shuey)
R: Sandilands, Cox (Warnock, 83K)
F: Pavlich, Gia, Goodes, ROK, Brown, Pods, Ziebell (Rockliff, Hughes)

Trade strategy: NO TRADES for a few weeks. Leading up to finals. 2 downgrades of Davis, Cunnington and Rockliff. Then with that cash and 40K I have in the bank 2-3 upgrades from Waters, Ziebell and Pods (likely Pods a keeper). That's in the perfect world of the injury gods not striking but this is close to a finished product

5 trades for 13 rounds of footy is dangerous ground, especially with JB a liability in your side right now

Trent Dennis-Lane kicked 7 for the swans ressies and with Bradshaw out may be considered.

At $94,200 may be a good downgrade to free up some cash.

What do Swans supporters know about this bloke? Is he AFL ready?

:thumbsu:
Yeah TDL looks like a great option for us... But you'd have to wait for teams mate. Jesse White is more likely to get a nod being the big tall forward option to cover Braddles. TDL's certainly laying his claim & is someone I'm certainly looking at closely over the coming weeks for sure... If he can string a few good senior games then I'd jump on him. He & Rohan have been great additions to our team this year & should be pretty good SC options (Rohan the tackle machine & TDL the goal scoring machine ;) )

Becasue of Taghd Kennelly is injured :thumbsdown: Now my defence is stuffed up.

I am trading Kenelly for Maguire

and then Downgrading Bastinac to a player at $100,200

i need to know which $100,200 player i should get which should go up in price.

Thanks

5 trades for 13 rounds of footy is dangerous ground, especially with JB a liability in your side right now

What can I say, I love to trade. I have a plan, hopefully it comes through.

JB's scores have been ordinary lately, but i'll be sticking with him. Hopefully others share your opinion and trade him out. Forwards are the weakest this year anyway so there really isn't much to choose from.

going to finish off my back line this week..
thinking:
Kennelly> Gilbee
Nason> gilbert/grimes/duffield/adcock?
adcock looks nice and cheap but injuries could be a problem..
any suggestions?

id go gilbert or grimes.. they are both very cheap at the moment

$93,000 in bank
10 trades left

Kennelly>Waters
Martin>Goodes

or

Kennelly>Sheppard
Martin>Judd/Swan

Option 1 would give me left over money to upgrade one of my rucks in Kruezer/Naitanui to either Sandilands or Cox

Option 2 would give me a better midfield but would be with a starting backline consiting of Maguire and Webberly/Sheppard and not as much money to upgrade rucks in a few weeks.

Thoughts?

Thought about upgrading Martin to Goodes?

I was sold on that trade last week.

But with Howlett scoring super well, i'm thinking of waiting a month or so until his price ripens then downgrade and upgrade Martin to Swan or something.

But i just wonder, are there any low-priced rookies looking like edging themselves into the seniors for any club in a month?

Have to wait and see i guess.

Actually, just running over the maths now, as it stand i have 560k to work with. So not as far off a top line premium mid. but will wait.

$93,000 in bank
10 trades left

Kennelly>Waters
Martin>Goodes

or

Kennelly>Sheppard
Martin>Judd/Swan

Option 1 would give me left over money to upgrade one of my rucks in Kruezer/Naitanui to either Sandilands or Cox

Option 2 would give me a better midfield but would be with a starting backline consiting of Maguire and Webberly/Sheppard and not as much money to upgrade rucks in a few weeks.

Thoughts?

I am thinking of option 2 myself as I already have Goodes and Waters but will go for Martin>NDS/Murphy probably. Also thinking that I might get Chappy but scared of his horrible record of injuries

11 trades left, $187 k in the bank.

Definitely doing two trades this week, have two options and I'd like some feedback on which you all think I should do:

Option A
R Murphy > Watts/Playfair
Rockliff > Goodes

Option B
R Murphy > Watts/Playfair
Martin > one of Hayes, Montagna, Cross, Boyd, M Murphy, Pavlich etc to complete my midfield

I am leaning towards a) because I think I need to get the fwd downgrade now (can't see any coming along later), and because Goodes has a BE of 59 so I think this is the week to get him, whereas I think Martin's upgrade can afford to wait one more week (if I could do 3 trades this week I would, but these are the limits we have).

I am thinking of option 2 myself as I already have Goodes and Waters but will go for Martin>NDS/Murphy probably. Also thinking that I might get Chappy but scared of his horrible record of injuries

First of all I wouldn't get Chappy this week as his BE is 165, and even at home against Melbourne he probably won't make that. Next week or the St Kilda game is probably the right time.

Secondly, I feel the dilemma as I'm sure many other coaches do. But the reality is Chappy is scoring so well, and without Roo, and Brown injured, there are a paucity of quality premium forwards to choose (unlike in the midfield where you could just choose another premium instead of him that will probably score the same).

Thus IMO the best solution for non Chappy owners is to get him soon, and if you're worried about injuries, when you do your 6th mid upgrade, make it to a mpp (i.e. goodes, harvey, pav etc), combined with a decent 7th mid, that's your best cover option.

My 2 cents anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back