Ruckman who's available and what's there value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why Warnock hasn't been put on the trade table.

Is really surplus to requirements at the Blues.

Should trade him out and fill another need on the list.

Levi Casboult came into the side a game and a half off a knee injury to be our lone ruck against the Bulldogs because we had no other ruckman available. I get that's the belief circulating, but Warnock is very much needed at the Blues until this plays out a little more. IMO you don't go and weaken a strength just because it's a strength.

Fair enough. Does Kosi merit a spot if he isn't back up rucking though? And is McEvoy + Hickey a bit too lumbering, especially if the AFL heads down the path of capped interchanges and a 2+2 substitute system?

I would've thought McEvoy and a pinch hitter that plays forward, ala Stanley, was the ideal set up.

Fair enough. Does Kosi merit a spot if he isn't back up rucking though? And is McEvoy + Hickey a bit too lumbering, especially if the AFL heads down the path of capped interchanges and a 2+2 substitute system?

I would've thought McEvoy and a pinch hitter that plays forward, ala Stanley, was the ideal set up.

Kosi would get first crack you'd think when its all said and done he still kicked nearly 30 goals. With the new ruck rules you can afford to play lighter bodies in the ruck. Stanley Nic Nat Ryder will benefit most you'd think. Any and know if that Tom Lee will play early on?

Kosi won't play a game next year unless we have a disastrous run with injuries. The forward line in round 1 should be Wilkes, Riewoldt, Stanley. I don't think Hickey will play in the same side as McEvoy, he'll probably only play around 5 games when McEvoy is resting.

Kosi won't play a game next year unless we have a disastrous run with injuries. The forward line in round 1 should be Wilkes, Riewoldt, Stanley. I don't think Hickey will play in the same side as McEvoy, he'll probably only play around 5 games when McEvoy is resting.

Kosi will play before Wilkes that's a given.

First rounder pick is a pretty big price to pay for a backup ruckman that you think will play 5 games a year isn't it?

Don't be surprised if will minson is traded next week even tho he recently signed. Any idea of his value. Had a really good 2012

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cam Wood is free to any team mildly interested.

In fact, the Graham trade has given magpies supporters hope. If Richmond can get a draft pick upgrade in the 40s for Graham, maybe Collingwood can get something similar for Wood.

This is what we should be doing. Don't particularly understand us going after Hickey. He looks alright and has shown some potential, but the fact is, there is no way McEvoy and Hickey can play in the same side next year and especially in 2014 when they further limit the interchange. McEvoy with Stanley (Lee/Kosi if Stanley is out injured) pinch-hitting is the ideal setup. I fully understand picking a mature-ager late in the draft or rookie draft to play as a back-up, but I don't understand giving up a good pick for someone who probably won't make the side. So unless the football department don't rate McEvoy as a ruckman, I am a little perplexed.

judging by the thread so far its slim pickings for rucks. the next logical place for clubs to look are the state leagues. I don't really follow them but anyone who does can they shed any light on what rucks are out there?
I heard Daniel Currie is being looked at but thats it,

Up here in Qld we see a fair bit of Gold Coast ... unfortunately. But Hickey has a load of talent and he is just scratching the surface atm. Gold Coast are right to be asking for a late first rounder. He moves well for a big guy, neat skills and is an excellent contested mark. He looks a great prospect, and I suspect that he could play as forward for 50% of the game and average over a goal a game. I would think that with the new ruck rules and his athleticism he should be a highly sort after young ruckman. I am surprised Collingwood haven't looked at him more, Pick 18 would be fair value imo.

Levi Casboult came into the side a game and a half off a knee injury to be our lone ruck against the Bulldogs because we had no other ruckman available. I get that's the belief circulating, but Warnock is very much needed at the Blues until this plays out a little more. IMO you don't go and weaken a strength just because it's a strength.

What if you can strengthen another weakness, particularly as you will still remain strong in the area that is currently a strength anyway?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ruckman who's available and what's there value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back