Rudest/Nicest player you've met?

Remove this Banner Ad

Kernahan brothers absolute champion blokes both of them. Love a drink, love Neil Diamond, love a punt. Douza and Sticks, met them a few times, always remember your name,your wife’s name. Absolute standouts. Can’t speak highly enough of these lads.

Met the PA team at the airport - Charlie Dixon said hi and let me take a selfie with him so I'll say he's nice

I also met GAJ at a health food shop up here many years ago and happily obliged for a chat (I was even wearing my NM jacket)

Last edited:

He is an absolute shocking commentator.

Does come across as a knob on the TV.
Only time Gossage is vaguely tolerable is if you don't like or don't care about the team WCE/Freo are playing.

Then his super-biased pro-WA commentary takes on a sort of So Bad It's Funny quality.

Met Tony Modra who was very lively

Troy Chaplin, after a career best game and his response to my praise about his contested marking game was rather rude.

Met Tony Modra who was very lively

Troy Chaplin, after a career best game and his response to my praise about his contested marking game was rather rude.
Black And White Vintage GIF

Not a rude/nice situation but was very funny (and still is with my friend group). When I was in high school, James Hird was friends with one of our teachers, the teacher must’ve asked him to come to the school to speak with some kids…anyway at lunch time my mate who didn’t follow footy went up to the teacher to ask her something and Hirdy assumed he was coming up to him, Hird (most likely after signing autographs all morning) grabs his prized Chicago bulls hat and signs it.

My mate came back spewing that his hat was wrecked.

Last edited:
Used to see lots of footballers and ex-footballers at the Harp Hotel in Kew. Terry Wallace was a super guy. Loved a chat. And I remember Dayne Beames being really friendly and chatty.

Weirdest blokes I've met - a tie between Warwick Capper and Joe Daniher. Very weird units for different reasons.

Biggest flog - Luke Darcy.

Top bloke - Sticks Kernahan.

Rudest - Dan McStay, Tom Bell and Zac Bailey wouldn't give you the light of day and thought their poop didn't stink

Can confirm from his Carlton days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flogs - Dean Cox and Josh Rotham (Interacted with both 3-4 times and Rotham is worse because to top it off he is a garbage player).

Great - Simon Black, Pav, Shane Parker and Sandi

Great and funny/interesting - Ross Lyon, Prestigiacomo and Dean Kemp.

Weirdest blokes I've met - a tie between Warwick Capper and Joe Daniher. Very weird units for different reasons.

Biggest flog - Luke Darcy.

Top bloke - Sticks Kernahan.

Can confirm from his Carlton days.
He’s flipping brilliant.

Andrew Gaff kindest and nicest bloke. Heartkids ambassador…..spends time with the Heartkids and gets involved in fundraisers……last one he got stuck walking with me for 4KM - genuinely interested in the kids and families!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crows I’ve had the pleasure of meeting:

Scott Welsh, Mitch Hinge, Ebony Marinoff - all decent people
Steven Trigg, Brett Burton, Mark Ricciuto - absolute flogs

I find that surprising since your face is watched by millions of viewers each weekend on channel 7.

People in the Northern states really don't give a rat's bumhole about AFL. You got the 20k - 30k who attend the matches and some more who will have the game on in the background TV if they've got nothing better to do. The other 98 % wouldn't know their Toby Green if he walked up and punched them in the face wearing a GWS jumper.

I don't know if it's still the case but the away teams playing in Sydney always used to stay at the Pullman hotel opposite Hyde Park in the centre of Sydney, which is where my work put me up once a month when I had to travel to Sydney. Teams would literally do warm up exercises in full matching tracksuits in Hyde Park at peak hour and nobody would pay them the slightest attention

People in the Northern states really don't give a rat's bumhole about AFL. You got the 20k - 30k who attend the matches and some more who will have the game on in the background TV if they've got nothing better to do. The other 98 % wouldn't know their Toby Green if he walked up and punched them in the face wearing a GWS jumper.

I don't know if it's still the case but the away teams playing in Sydney always used to stay at the Pullman hotel opposite Hyde Park in the centre of Sydney, which is where my work put me up once a month when I had to travel to Sydney. Teams would literally do warm up exercises in full matching tracksuits in Hyde Park at peak hour and nobody would pay them the slightest attention
True, I couldn't recognise any current NRL player either.

Years ago use to see Dayne Beams often in Brisbane walking his dog and at the dog park, and I had my dog. He was very friendly and polite, but you could sense an inner sadness.
We never spoke about AFL and I never spoke about by job, who wants to speak their work on their time off.

Years ago use to see Dayne Beams often in Brisbane walking his dog and at the dog park, and I had my dog. He was very friendly and polite, but you could sense an inner sadness.
We never spoke about AFL and I never spoke about by job, who wants to speak their work on their time off.
Him and his brother used to slap the pokies senseless at Rocklea Hotel late at night with no one around.

Clay not a bad bloke.

Zac Bailey does give you cocky vibes...in the vein of Tom Papley. But I kind of think it does help them play better.
Which is funny because Tom Papley is always good value with his time.
Stan Alves - While he was coaching St.Kilda took time out of his day to chat to me and sign my cast while I had a broken arm
Trevor Barker - RIP . The gold standard for giving back to fans always willing to chat
Kevin Sheedy - cant get him to stop talking haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Rudest/Nicest player you've met?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back