Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously, if we trade Jolly and pick 11, and don't get Rivers or another top 8 player from the Dees, there's no chance i'll be buying a membership until 2009. Sydney couldn't possibly be that stupid!

I did say I made a mistake in another post if you cared to read. ;)

i posted before reading it, and i'm not having a crack anyway
geez, we're all just talking rubbish anyway....the real stuff starts tomorrow week and we'll know more about father-son stuff and other trade rumours over the next 7 days
don't sweat it, let's just move on from this disappointing season

i posted before reading it, and i'm not having a crack anyway
geez, we're all just talking rubbish anyway....the real stuff starts tomorrow week and we'll know more about father-son stuff and other trade rumours over the next 7 days
don't sweat it, let's just move on from this disappointing season

No worries mate. :thumbsu:Like I said before, I'm sick of older players going to the Swans.

I don't want any more older players at the Swans mate, I'm sick of it. :mad:

i generally agree...i'm just responding here to deadlyakkuret's comment about us "not being that stupid" by recalling some of the really stupid trading decisions we've made in recent years...admittedly we've done a lot better with many others, but unless the players in question are on the rise, i'm not really for recycling anyone from other clubs....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i generally agree...i'm just responding here to deadlyakkuret's comment about us "not being that stupid" by recalling some of the really stupid trading decisions we've made in recent years...admittedly we've done a lot better with many others, but unless the players in question are on the rise, i'm not really for recycling anyone from other clubs....

i hope people aren't pointing the finger at spider, he played some very good games for us this year and he played injured for a long time as we didnt have another ruckman to come in.

In my moments of weakness I allow myself to drool over the possibility of a midfield in the not so distant future comprising Goodes, Barlow, Dempster, Malceski and Murphy dominating in the air and spearing balls forward after being fed by Kirk, Schmidt and Amon.

I realise that included Murphy is a lot of wishful thinking but for a quintet of tall, ultra-athletes with pretty good skills, it would be hard to beat.

Is Murphy a certainty? I heard he was going to Brisbane, or that he was training with them:eek: I love that idea for a midfield though, would be scary!

Ahh well, according to the AFL website, it's a NO from Judd to Melbourne.

But seriously, how stupid would Sydney be to give up our Pick 11 + a premiership player for Johnstone who is 28 years old + another Demon player. It just doesn't make sense.

But Jolly is very close to signing with the swans for a 4 year deal. Hurrah!

Although I would love to see Travis Johnstone at the swans in 2008 I'd hardly be willing to part with our 1st round pick for a guy who's almost 28. Surely we have more than enough guys pushing 30 on our list.

I think once the Swans put the magical 2mil figure (over 4 years) to Jolly he'll forget all about packing his bags and heading back to Melbourne....

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back