Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

seeing as amon is a geelong boy.
wat about Tenace and Geelong's 2nd Pick for him

While I'll like to have Tenace (well, a lot more than Johnstone for a start). I'd hate to trade an important member of the squad especially in the 22-25 yr old bracket. Extra draft picks is actually not that useful to us since we are having trouble with delisting people - no retirements thus far with decent youngsters coming through. (and since we have a free crack at bird, we could well take 4 picks this year).

I'll counter offer with a second-round pick for Tenace. And if they wouldn't accept it, hold out till the beginning of the last day with swapping first round picks along with the second pick. That's how much a fringe/decent player is worth in my opinion. And I think we're better not making trades this year, so I think we don't need to overplay our hand during the trade week.

Would we be interested in Brennan if the rumour is true that Brisbane are only offering him a small contract?

jarryd brennan??? shite yes, i'd have him in red and white, absolutely, he's a matchwinner, we have only goodes in that freak sorta category, and brennan is certainly that

I got confused with McVeigh and Fosdike for a while as well. But Buchanan and Schneider would be the obvious ones to get mixed up with. The commentators still get confused by the two, but it took me quite a while before I could distinguish the two.

No I haven't. I was a baby who couldn't even talk or walk in the early 90s. :D

i think there were quite a few of those "can't walk or talk" type players in swans colours back in the early 90s....

McVeigh Buchanan Fosdike Bevan are all in the gun [nothing wrong with them but i think they will move away from playing them]

Doyle will be delisted [feel sorry no luck at all]

i think we'll change the side around by three to four players.

and we will steal someone good.

That would just be stupid:mad:

While I'll like to have Tenace (well, a lot more than Johnstone for a start). I'd hate to trade an important member of the squad especially in the 22-25 yr old bracket. Extra draft picks is actually not that useful to us since we are having trouble with delisting people - no retirements thus far with decent youngsters coming through. (and since we have a free crack at bird, we could well take 4 picks this year).

I'll counter offer with a second-round pick for Tenace. And if they wouldn't accept it, hold out till the beginning of the last day with swapping first round picks along with the second pick. That's how much a fringe/decent player is worth in my opinion. And I think we're better not making trades this year, so I think we don't need to overplay our hand during the trade week.

I would think that that trade would be on the cards.
He does have talent and pace but the people at Geelong would rather have prismall over him and he isnt even getting a run. Would help out Sydney alot i think. You could also pick up another Craig Bolton in my opinion in Timmy Callan who has more courage than brains. Could really shine with a new club i think and also hope

He does have talent and pace but the people at Geelong would rather have prismall over him and he isnt even getting a run. Would help out Sydney alot i think. You could also pick up another Craig Bolton in my opinion in Timmy Callan who has more courage than brains. Could really shine with a new club i think and also hope
I like the sound of that! Sign him up!

Let's hope they work out a deal to cring Tenace to Sydney. If we sighed Johnstone instead I will literally bang my head on the wall (though softly, I guess).

I actually don't know much about Callan.

Hmmm... I don't know why you guys would like Tenace? Sure he has pace but his kicking is SHOCKING. Buchanon.... Sheesh. I love Buchanon as a player. Still youngish and I would love him a the crows. Why is getting bagged? Thought he was still playing pretty decent although not as effective as last year. Theres a rumour on our board that apparently you guys are showing some interest in Marty Mattner at our club... He was very very good last year but was played out of position by Craig this year. Craig just doesn't want to stick him on the wing- he only wants to put him in defense. He is one of the best tacklers in the league... except he has no defensive skills other than tackling. He could be an absolute gun wingman though. He is down on confidence. He has a good penetrating left foot kick and LOVES to run the lines. However, once he runs with the ball you hope for the best that he doesn't get caught as his awareness isn't the best. He has good pace but no overly quick. Opinions on Mattner?

callan's set to go to the dogs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm... I don't know why you guys would like Tenace? Sure he has pace but his kicking is SHOCKING. Buchanon.... Sheesh. I love Buchanon as a player. Still youngish and I would love him a the crows. Why is getting bagged? Thought he was still playing pretty decent although not as effective as last year. Theres a rumour on our board that apparently you guys are showing some interest in Marty Mattner at our club... He was very very good last year but was played out of position by Craig this year. Craig just doesn't want to stick him on the wing- he only wants to put him in defense. He is one of the best tacklers in the league... except he has no defensive skills other than tackling. He could be an absolute gun wingman though. He is down on confidence. He has a good penetrating left foot kick and LOVES to run the lines. However, once he runs with the ball you hope for the best that he doesn't get caught as his awareness isn't the best. He has good pace but no overly quick. Opinions on Mattner?

i like mattner, had wondered why his star seemed to rise a year or so ago, then seemed to fade outa sight this season....
you blokes seem to be going through some upheaval....hudson, mgregor and meesen going, scott welsh put on notice, and all this talk...i saw a rumour i think somewhere else on BF that van berlo wanted out, and is young reilly staying out? he's a bloke i like

We are not looking for pace (although we won't knock it back), we want a midfielder that can carry the ball and use it extremely well.

If it came down to Johnston & Tennace for the same deal, Johnston would be far superior and what we need.

DST

We are not looking for pace (although we won't knock it back), we want a midfielder that can carry the ball and use it extremely well.

If it came down to Johnston & Tennace for the same deal, Johnston would be far superior and what we need.

DST

And he would have like one or two years left in him? That bloke is not exact known for looking after himself.

Our midfield probably the oldest in the comp already, do we need to add another set of ageing legs to our midfield?

Would love Mattner. I agree with everything that you have said about him being out of position and think he would be a welcome entry into our team. I also agree that Buchanan stays and Tenace is not important to us.
Who do you think could go for Mattner? Fosdike is the obvious one being a South Australian.

I'd like Mattner - would be sort of outside running midfielder we desperately need.

And he would have like one or two years left in him? That bloke is not exact known for looking after himself.

Our midfield probably the oldest in the comp already, do we need to add another set of ageing legs to our midfield?

Totally agree.

Heard Roosy say recently that the club needed another Willo type player. Someone who can run the lines and carry the ball. We really miss Willo's pace through the middle. If Tenace could improve his foot skills, he would worth a punt. I'd give up our second round pick for him.

Roos announced our targets in trade week -

Miller, Tenace and Sherman.
Suspect on Miller, but wouldn't mind Tenace or Sherman at all - just depends how much Geelong and Brisbane is asking. I'm not too keen on Miller, though he might turn out decent for us because of our lack of options behind Hall at CHF.

But hopefully we'll land Tenace or Sherman with a second round pick.

Roos announced our targets in trade week -

Miller, Tenace and Sherman.
Suspect on Miller, but wouldn't mind Tenace or Sherman at all - just depends how much Geelong and Brisbane is asking. I'm not too keen on Miller, though he might turn out decent for us because of our lack of options behind Hall at CHF.

But hopefully we'll land Tenace or Sherman with a second round pick.

Interesting...

Thought Miller was on the verge of really stepping up in 06. But he was looking like he was just screaming for a new coach/team this year. So who knows what he could produced for us?

Basically I'd be very happy to have any of those three - depending on the cost, of course.

Thought Miller was on the verge of really stepping up in 06. But he was looking like he was just screaming for a new coach/team this year. So who knows what he could produced for us?

I guess when you think what Miller offers - a decent motor, a good lead that leads towards the wings a lot (which will complement Hall quite well), can pinch-hit in the back against bigger forwards (he always do a pretty good job on Hall), young (ish) at 24.

That's kind of what we're looking for actually.
But just not at a steep price.

I'd only be happy with Sherman to be honest. If we can grab him with a 2nd or 3rd rounder, that would be the perfect deal for us.

Problem with Sherman is that he still has a two-year contract, pretty sure Brisbane will try to hold onto him/push his price high. Maybe there's what Roos is doing, hoping to get Sherman to demand a trade to work out a deal.

I'd only be happy with Sherman to be honest. If we can grab him with a 2nd or 3rd rounder, that would be the perfect deal for us.

Agreed that of the 3 he'd be the only one I'd be keen on, although Miller would add to our KPP strength (preferably down back).

However I would think that all 3 clubs would ask for our first pick (#11).

After all Miller is a 24 KPP, Sherman is a 20yo, who was runner-up in the Lions 2006 B&F and is apparently under contract and Tenace is a 22 yo with the Premiers (which always seems to up a player's credentials even if he was not a Premiership player) who was originally taken #7 in the draft.

I doubt we would get Miller or Sherman without our #11 pick being traded and Geelong would probably compromise in terms of draft picks (swapping 1st rounders?) I really don't think Tenace, for all his pace, has really come on since his junior years, when admittedly he was highly sought.

Also at some stage we have got to stop trading away our early picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back