Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I am NOT victim blaming; I personally was shot at twice by an ex and dogs were poisoned. I was just pointing out GL may have had a 'trigger' to cause his alleged reaction of killing the family's pet pig.
Ok I’m glad you’re not victim blaming.
So you were shot at and the dogs poisoned by your ex?
I’m sorry to hear that.
It tells you that your ex was the aggressor and you were the victim as it appears to be in this case.

It might have been that he considered the LL had left the gate to the pig pen open deliberately; given the vege garden appears to have been his domain according to this article. Quite often when relationships end under extremely acrimonious circumstances, there is a lot of tooing and froing with nastiness between the individuals concerned.
Have you elected yourself GL's enabler?

I am NOT victim blaming; I personally was shot at twice by an ex and dogs were poisoned. I was just pointing out GL may have had a 'trigger' to cause his alleged reaction of killing the family's pet pig.
I really think you are a Greg Lynn fanboy.! Always defending him. That's fine but your not accepting the fact that Lynn most likely had a bad temper. Lynn from his ramblings suggests he has a chip or two on his shoulders. Not being able to fly would have pissed him off too. The various news sites reporting there maybe a new inquest into his 1st wife's death. Can only imagine the coroners inquiry at the time, he's a well regarded Pilot there's nothing here for me to find. Yes speak to the wife's family and it's an area of abuse big time IMO. She would still be alive today if not for meeting Lynn IMO. You need to do your reading to keep up with this thread Jam.! :thumbsu:

I’d heard that pigs were smart animals but I didn’t know they were capable of flying a drone.
They fly themselves in their own drone...

When pigs fly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It might have been that he considered the LL had left the gate to the pig pen open deliberately; given the vege garden appears to have been his domain according to this article. Quite often when relationships end under extremely acrimonious circumstances, there is a lot of tooing and froing with nastiness between the individuals concerned.
It happened before they seperated

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just re reading. Major ground of appeal when the prosecutor argued new evidence but didn't put the allegations to GL during cross as required to.do.
Depends what the allegations were but that will be the kicker of an appeal.
Wasn’t this the reason manslaughter was taken off the table?
The judge was so strict in this trail I can’t see any grounds for appeal

Verdict was unsafe given evidence presented and reasoning.
Judges instructions during deliberation or response to questions by jury.
The allowance of some recordings when others were disallowed.
Can only go to 2. Appeals and high. Will be an interesting precedent.
Ultimately can't see him winning appeals.
Ironically the fact he was not guilty on one charge makes it harder to argue in a way
Your honour I should've been convicted of both but since I wasn't I should be acquitted.
But alternatively could argue Ms should've been on the table.
Effectively the rh charge is done.
The conviction of CC and those details would be appealed. Hard to see how he wins
In an appeal which is obviously judge (not jury) and possibly even more evidence deemed inadmissible (ROI etc) is it possible he wins an appeal??

In the justice Crouchers defence I believe he was looking forward (to possible appeals) in making the decision to initially deem certain evidence inadmissible (in pre trial). He spent several of his earlier yrs in appellate court so knows all about trials being overturned at appeal and the precise circumstances that lead to that.

Even with his charge to the jury saying ‘narrow path to guilty’ we maybe saw that as judge trying to sway jury to not guilty but once again I feel he was looking forward to possible appeals…….

Either way I hope there isn’t an appeal and if there is he loses and the psychopath spends the rest of his days behind bars. Thankyou universe for closing that road.

Potentially, he's an Israel Keyes kind of character. IMO.
Yes, in that he has show psychopathic tendencies on that I agree.
However overall I think there is difference in that IK was a systematic hunter of victims that set out to continously trap random victims as a sick occupation. IK was very organised to operate on a continous basis and also bought an ideological element of justification in via his families connection to the quasi religious/nationalist mindset that produced the Oklahoma City bomb builders that were IK's childhood friends.
Without Lynn having a know ideological framework or attachments, that would encourage such disrespect for human life nor a constant and systematic hunter of victims that we know of I don't think the comparison is apt.
I would put GL as the garden variety narcisistic psychopath category, only dangerous when crossed or had his despotism challenged.

I've got to say here, I am now facinated as to Mrs Lynn's capacity to live comfortably with such a psychopath given the recent revelations on the police recordings and with the now suspicious knowledge that she did know more than 'nothing at all' of the incident at Wonnangatta.

In an appeal which is obviously judge (not jury) and possibly even more evidence deemed inadmissible (ROI etc) is it possible he wins an appeal??

In the justice Crouchers defence I believe he was looking forward (to possible appeals) in making the decision to initially deem certain evidence inadmissible (in pre trial). He spent several of his earlier yrs in appellate court so knows all about trials being overturned at appeal and the precise circumstances that lead to that.

Even with his charge to the jury saying ‘narrow path to guilty’ we maybe saw that as judge trying to sway jury to not guilty but once again I feel he was looking forward to possible appeals…….

Either way I hope there isn’t an appeal and if there is he loses and the psychopath spends the rest of his days behind bars. Thankyou universe for closing that road.

I don't see on what basis an appeal will be formed or be won.

New evidence that is exculpatory? Not going to happen.

Error in law? Unlikely. The first interview is key. GL was allowed to rest before the interview began. He was advised that he didn't need to say anything and also had a lawyer appointed to him. He spoke with that lawyer who also said don't say anything at all. Dann tried this but it was always a long shot.

His decision to speak up was completely voluntary. Police weren't taking advantage of someone with a disadvantage here.

Some of the stuff the prosecution alleged was put to the jury but not put to himself. That does go against the concept of law but is it really that big of a factor in the case? Unlikely.

An impartial jury presented with the facts on the case decided he was guilty. Only a serious issue with due process or failing that literal video footage on one of his devices he discovers that confirms his version of events will be enough to win him an appeal here.

Ie not happening.

Not sure if anyone has seen this comment that Lynn was recorded making from the above:

"Another story about the couple aired on the radio earlier that day as he was driving. The court heard Lynn had turned up the volume and said: “I put a f..king trigger lock on it. You’ve gotta get a second set of trigger lock f..king keys and stick them in there … They’ve just got to keep pushing all the time, don’t they?” Police scoured hours of recordings to find instances where they believed he was talking about Hill and Clay."

This seems significant to me, but I'm not familiar with that shotgun.

Edit: Or was it on the rifle?
Sorry must be me. What is he saying ? That he had locked the trigger ? And only
keys would unlock for use ?

Sorry must be me. What is he saying ? That he had locked the trigger ? And only
keys would unlock for use ?
I asked DH and he said you can buy trigger locks for guns & rifles. As this was recorded before he was charged, I wondered if he was referring to the shotgun or rifle, as people are saying that in the ROI (which I haven't heard/seen), GL was saying RH took his rifle and he later changed this to say it was the shotgun.

I've been trying to find an article from 4 May 2021 that might explain it, without luck so far.

Back