Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
There’s blind love, unquestioning loyalty and the “stand by your man” creed. I get all that stuff especially if there are kids involved.

It would depend on how much she knew. It was said that the first time Mrs Lynn and those two sad young men of theirs heard all the gruesome details, was at the trial.

If that’s true, it must have been a shocking and dreadful revelation. Maybe too horrible to contemplate. I think it’s called being in denial

She may have convinced herself that hubby’s fantasy story is the absolute truth. Or he may have convinced her. I’d say the boys would be emotionally and psychologically overwhelmed. They’re young but will need years of intense therapy to overcome. If they ever will.

Who knows what she has been told by hubby and maybe she would never doubt a word he says. I felt quite down when I noticed the very red eyes of those two young men leaving the court almost every day.
Will he end up in Barwon Prison? Curious to see where they put him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is. Those closest to an accused go through the surveillance, tapping of phones, raiding of the home, questioning, judgment from the community, being harassed by media, losing friends/associates and on top of that have to deal with their own emotions and grief and loss of the life they had with the person they thought they knew.
It's refreshing to see that many people are understanding of what it must be like for his wife and children. The trauma of all this on them would be unbearbale. I don't think you'd recover easily. I also know what cognitive dissonance is like. To add to this, so many people going on about her and the kids losing their home. How horrific. They did nothing to deserve any of this.

It's refreshing to see that many people are understanding of what it must be like for his wife and children. The trauma of all this on them would be unbearbale. I don't think you'd recover easily. I also know what cognitive dissonance is like. To add to this, so many people going on about her and the kids losing their home. How horrific. They did nothing to deserve any of this.

Don’t think you’ll find many on here disagreeing with this.

I can’t understand how she could stand by him through all of this… the only way is that she must have complete faith in him and his ‘story’ of the ‘unfortunate’ accidents.

I reckon she must have known about some of this before the arrest? What do others think?

Her obscure comment (while watching the TV special) about “hiding things” seems to indicate she may have been talking about the hiding of the bodies?

Perhaps GL told her about his misadventure and painted himself as a hero who successfully covered up the ‘series of unfortunate events’ and handled the situation to save the family income, lifestyle, status etc = by cleaning up this terrible mess and taking control of the stressful situation made him a hero in her eyes?
Absolutely no way she knew anything. You can tell that. She believes someone she's been married to for years. This is a woman who has raised her step son's from a young age who, you can tell, loves them both very much, and vise versa. She is trying her best in the face of absolute horror and trauma (for her and her children) to keep everything going on her own. I really wish people wouldn't make her a guilty party. She isn't. She, like the Hill and Clay families need support and kindness. Those children need love and kindness, and their home, which is constantly coming up for discussion.

Absolutely no way she knew anything. You can tell that. She believes someone she's been married to for years. This is a woman who has raised her step son's from a young age who, you can tell, loves them both very much, and vise versa. She is trying her best in the face of absolute horror and trauma (for her and her children) to keep everything going on her own. I really wish people wouldn't make her a guilty party. She isn't. She, like the Hill and Clay families need support and kindness. Those children need love and kindness, and their home, which is constantly coming up for discussion.
I’m not sure going through this thread picking out posts like this is going to do you any good.

Maybe just log off and don’t give this thread any attention going forward.

She’s had to endure the emotional pain and psychological distress of knowing he was off with another woman, leading a life without her. And knowing her daughters knew. And now the whole world.
I’d say she’s very mentally strong and disciplined. She was still able to say she liked Clay and it made no difference to the sadness she felt about Clay’s death.

Very early on once the secret relationship became public, I thought I read in a few places that the wife had known something had been going for about 20 years.

Reckon the police won the poker game. Even his answers it's inevitable etc. They had less than he thought.
What I find extremely weird is even thou the camp site was burnt along with some of the car it wasn't treated as suspicious until some time later. Surely burn patterns would indicate it was deliberately lit

Yeah, a bit surprised that their first reaction was "they have run off together"

I don’t know how far away you’d hear gunshots.
At night in still colder air ( dense ) conditions for km's up and down the valley.Shotguns make an insanely loud bang.I always thought it amazing the blackberry sprayers never heard anything.Hard days work-dead tired ? I doubt it.Been on the booze ? maybe......

Yeah I agree. I suggested the same and that he probably dumped it.over the side of a very steep track.
I always thought he disposed of it as well.But how ? very difficult I say.Cut it up in his garage,Nope,it would have attracted too much attention.Dumped it ? I doubt that it went unobserved for this long.Pushed it off a track ?-a passenger would see it after all these years.A complete mystery....

Yeh, it can and it does.

Sue for damages​

You may also be able to make a civil claim against the offender to get compensation for the injury you have suffered. This will depend on whether the offender has any assets (money or other things they own). The offender does not have to have been convicted or found guilty in a criminal court for this to happen. You can include the loss, destruction or damage of your property in your claim. Get other support for victims of crime.

www.legalaid.vic.gov.au

Financial assistance and compensation

Victims of crime may be able to get financial assistance from the Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal, or compensation from the person who committed the crime.
www.legalaid.vic.gov.au
www.legalaid.vic.gov.au

Wouldn’t bother, the guy is like 0/350 off five overs

Very early on once the secret relationship became public, I thought I read in a few places that the wife had known something had been going for about 20 years.
Hill had agreed to end it in 2012 and while Mrs Hill wondered at times, she believed the relationship was no longer. Her daughter knew it had restarted but kept the information from Mrs Hill.

Wouldn’t bother, the guy is like 0/350 off five overs
The families will be advised by the DPP on what they are or are not entitled to claim and how to go about it. They should also
offer them counselling services and assistance with any applications on how to fill them out, submit them etc. Lynn’s family will be given guidance and information to help them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back