Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

This case is sub judice as under consideration by the courts. Sub judice contempt can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Please do not state as fact that which is opinion. Also, use 'IMO' and 'allegedly' a lot.

Rules - Updated Crime Board Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

General Information The BigFooty Crime board is a community that fosters discussion on current and past crimes, some which have social and media notoriety, that attracts the attention of public opinion and discussion on such matters. Please read these rules very carefully, both the Big Footy...
www.bigfooty.com
www.bigfooty.com

On the Greg Lynn committal proceedings Crown Prosecutor Mr Dickie said 'It is clear hopefully from the document, and if it's not clear from the document it's clear hopefully from the charges put before the court, that it is alleged of course that the accused acted with murderous intent when he allegedly killed the two victims.'

Last edited:
Forensic psychologists and their research have identified several factors that determine how killers select their tools of death.

While opportunity and availability play a key role, the weapon often matches the murderer's personality and violent fantasies.

The murder weapon is a window into a warped mind, reflecting their deepest desires, whether it’s for revenge, money, control, ritual, or sexual release.

Stabbing: Violent, Yet Personal

Stabbings reflect high physicality and unchecked emotion. Plunging a blade into flesh requires proximity and exertion, unlike the detachment of firing a gun.

The penetrating violence bears a certain intimacy. Accordingly, stabbing frequently occurs within personal relationships.

It is not uncommon for the specific victim to be targeted even if the crime was impulsive.

Domestic abusers grab kitchen knives in a heated moment. Jealous lovers attack in a frenzy of emotion.

The stabbing often reflects rage boiling over, not a preplanned agenda.

Of course, not all knife murders are impulsive.

Bryan Kohberger is currently charged with the premeditated murder of four University of Idaho students.

One of the most damming pieces of evidence the prosecution claims they have is a knife sheath at the scene of the crime with his DNA on it.

Premeditated or spur-of-the-moment, using a knife to kill someone requires overpowering a victim physically and offers the perpetrator the “opportunity” to witness their victim’s agony.

Shooting: Quick, Distant, and Fatal

This enables a cold, removed style of killing. American mass murderer James infamously opened fire into a crowded Aurora movie theater in 2012, killing 12 and wounding 70.

His indiscriminate shooting reflected complete emotional detachment and lack of empathy.

Guns allow murderers to kill efficiently, without physical exertion, as if taking down anonymous targets.

Of course, many killers do elect to shoot victims at point-blank range, indicating some desire for intimacy and control.

Yet guns remain the most emotionally disconnected weapon overall.

For killers with specific victim targets, firearms serve to quickly and fatally wound them before they can react.

Guns enable precision hits and mass casualties from a distance - an undeniably lethal advantage.

Sounds just like him..! Detached,Anger, Rage, He always had the power

Before this week I was finding it very difficult to imagine the jury finding him guilty. That all changed after being in court to watch the full interview (Monday and Tuesday) it was very damning. Chatting to others in public gallery everyone was of same view. This surely must be last ditch/ damage control.
You make a very good point. It was a few days too for all of us to digest his interview. The more you read it and Lynn doesn't know, but he's sentencing himself , the more we heard it was very damming. It gives away his personality, all about him, all about the inconveniences, his detachment, nothing about poor Clay and Hill. If everyone in court was thinking the same, the Prosecution would have already known what they had and how it read, even Dermot Dann. That's why Dann want's him up there, he's got to give the performance of his life. Is he capable, if he's what we think he is, I doubt it IMO?

You make a very good point. It was a few days too for all of us to digest his interview. The more you read it and Lynn doesn't know, but he's sentencing himself , the more we heard it was very damming. It gives away his personality, all about him, all about the inconveniences, his detachment, nothing about poor Clay and Hill. If everyone in court was thinking the same, the Prosecution would have already known what they had and how it read, even Dermot Dann. That's why Dann want's him up there, he's got to give the performance of his life. Is he capable, if he's what we think he is, I doubt it IMO?
Yes 100%. I imagine it’s also why Dann tried so very hard to make the ROI inadmissible in the prelim hearing. When police didn’t provide access to legal advice until the following day and then refused to listen to the advice he’d been given. It went on for some time before he finally ‘opened up’. I can’t seem to find the exact article from back then but he said ‘no comment’ and ‘I’ve been instructed no to talk’ a ridiculous number of times. Hence why interview went for three days. Was on this basis Dann wanted ROI inadmissible. Obviously we all know why he really wanted it removed from evidence!

Yes 100%. I imagine it’s also why Dann tried so very hard to make the ROI inadmissible in the prelim hearing. When police didn’t provide access to legal advice until the following day and then refused to listen to the advice he’d been given. It went on for some time before he finally ‘opened up’. I can’t seem to find the exact article from back then but he said ‘no comment’ and ‘I’ve been instructed no to talk’ a ridiculous number of times. Hence why interview went for three days. Was on this basis Dann wanted ROI inadmissible. Obviously we all know why he really wanted it removed from evidence!
why? :moustache:

Amongst all the unbelievable events that happened in this tragedy-in the story "according to Greg",a part of his story I find really difficult to take on board is the fatal stabbing of RH that so far vaguely described in the ROI seemed to have just "happened " with no detail forthcoming from GL.How in the hell did RH just come to be stabbed ,rolling around on the ground and ending up with the knife through his heart.Only two possible ways as I see it-GL's hand was firmly holding the knife or RH stabbed himself.....yes,well that's nigh on impossible.Somebody had to be holding that knife or directing it clasped over the others hand.As a former hunter and farmer I have used knives and it takes some force to penetrate tissue,sinew,muscle and bone.We were designed so as the heart is quite protected by the rib cage.A kitchen knife ? It would have taken a concerted effort and most average kitchen knives would just snap on impact.Where are the wounds on GL in this knife fight.No,all of this just doesn't wash with me....
IMO only.

Yes, I've been thinking about this too!

The chances of the knife lying on the ground, Russell's body rolling on to it and stabbing himself in the heart.

The probability of that actually happening would be so incredibly slim!

It's probably the achilles heel in his story.

Before this week I was finding it very difficult to imagine the jury finding him guilty. That all changed after being in court to watch the full interview (Monday and Tuesday) it was very damning. Chatting to others in public gallery everyone was of same view. This surely must be last ditch/ damage control.
Really? I'm surprised you feel this way.

I’m not confident after witnessing (in court) how useless this prosecution team are.

It’s a total sh!t show... Has to be seen to be believed/understood.

Really? I'm surprised you feel this way.
Really? I said the general feel after seeing his interview was it looked bad for GL and others in the public gallery felt the same. This happened 48 hrs ago.
Fast forward to today….. the defence drops a bombshell and says it will call GL to stand. (Their last roll of the dice) The more time Dann gets to shine and the prosecution get to fu.k it up the better it is for GL. Anyway- I guess we shall see.

Last edited:
Some background on Porceddu.

New OPP Crown Prosecutor Appointed

By Clinton BaileyIn Latest newsPosted 2 June 2022

Daniel Porceddu has been appointed as a new OPP Crown Prosecutor.
The Director of Public Prosecutions Kerri Judd QC and Chief Crown Prosecutor Brendan Kissane QC welcomed the appointment.

“We are pleased to welcome Mr Porceddu as a Crown Prosecutor. He has a wide range of experience to bring to the Chambers,” Mr Kissane said.
Mr Porceddu signed the Bar Roll in 2001. He has appeared on behalf of the DPP regularly over the last 15 years, and more recently he appeared on behalf of the Northern Territory’s DPP as the Acting Senior Crown Prosecutor.

He has a background in both prosecution and defence and has spent a significant amount of time in the County and Supreme Courts as a Senior and Junior Counsel.
He has appeared in a wide range of trials, including complex fraud, drug trials and appeals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's interesting in this trial that the defence seem to be very active for the accused. Being very involved in cross examination of witnesses etc.
The prosecution for the most part have been rolling with Lynn's story...so far. As yet, we don't even know the reason why they believe Russell was likely killed first.
I expect in cross examining, the prosecution will be short, but will have some zingers they've been working on for a very long time.

Watch the prosecution perform a Bradbury here.

Last edited:
Latest podcast episode of ‘The Missing Campers’ on Spotify posted today includes some of GL’s ROI audio (recreated using voice actors and/or AI). Have to agree that his language and answers are quite damning, certainly felt a twist back in favour of the prosecution while listening.

His version of events are even more of a porky when you actually hear a voice saying it rather then having to read it.

In my opinion GL waited till Hill and Clay settled down for the night in their PJs. He then went about intimidating them until he achieved a reaction from Hill, Hill bruised GL and was put down. This happened to me. I arrived a campsite called Ah Youngs or Maguire Point just after midday 1 Nov 2018, a dark 4wd and trailer were set up near the drop toilet. I parked as far away as possible from him and near a camp table. I walked around the site and came across a recently killed roo, I continued towards the drop toilet and said to the sole man who looks like GL that there is some food for your dog. He said gruffly "I know". Dogs are allowed in that part of the park. It seems to me that GL does not like sharing his camp site, because after I had some dinner and was very concerned about GL, who I new to have a gun, I decided to sleep in the back of my Pajero in a constructed bunk. I had taken the measure of covering all windows with removable reflective insulation panels. I was reading a book by headlanp and started to hear russleing noises outside my car these transitioned to heavy breathing. I reacted by pulling down the adjacent insulation shining a bright lantern at the noise and shouting and waving a tomahawk and a knife, unfortunately the backscatter from the lantern also blinded me, but the noise went away. I left that camp first thing in the morning. Question: does / did GL have a big alsation. There are other missing people before my incident and before the Hill/Clay incident. GL knew how to sanitize a crime scene and to disappear any victims, he was well practised IMO. He should go down for all of these murders IMO
What??
You heard rustling and got out of your car waved a knife and tomahawk around?
Or you were blinded and waved a tomahawk and knife in your car while seeing nothing?
Your story seems you once camped next to someone who looks like GL and heard rustling one night therefore GL is guilty of this and a bunch of unsolved murders

" Lynn said he used Dulux Metal Shield to perform the paint job, using a 'sandbank' colour he had previously bought for the intention of painting his Jayco Hawk campervan. ",quote from the daily mail.
I wonder if this will open a whole new market for Dulux as an cheap alternative to regular $50 a litre 2k paint ?
And...'And it actually comes up with quite a reasonable look when you paint it with a nice roller, a good quality roller, it doesn't look too bad from a distance,' he was quoted as saying

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back