Ryan Griffen Requests Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

What I want to know is, why GWS? Wouldn't a bloke of his ability want to go to a premiership contender??

Makes zero sense.

Can only assume they have dropped a huge figure in front of him and he has decided to sell out.

What I want to know is, why GWS? Wouldn't a bloke of his ability want to go to a premiership contender??

Makes zero sense.

Can only assume they have dropped a huge figure in front of him and he has decided to sell out.

It is not money

I know its so damn hard to find positives, and being emotional and all. But i think this could be huge turning point for the clubs future. We need people who are 100% dedicated to being here and Griff never looked comfortable in his leadership role.

The good news is that we are trading with a club who would me more than willing to give up great assets for a player of his calibre. There are also plenty of players on their list that could suit us.

I would be looking at either pick 4 or 7 alongside one of these players: Boyd/Cameron/WHE

We can really set ourselves up here.

I felt like this in 2001 with Croad leaving us. I couldn't see how we would possibly ever return to success. Whatever the club did to get a few high picks that turned our club around, it worked.

Bontempelli is the Hodge. That superstar that has been unearthed before the Griffen picks hopefully propel you guys to where Buddy/Roughy got us.

McCartney has a clear vision to rebuild with the best, and I would be devastated for you if he was axed and a coach like Malthouse came in and just topped up with junk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know you are all angry and upset right now but maybe there is a positive.
Griffen is a free agent next year so can walk anyway.
The AFL may scrap any compo for free agents so maybe getting early picks now will be the best thing long term.

More than that my boy. I'm down the club, you just might be in for a few more shocks, what about you telling us something instead of sniping.
I tried to tell people like you what was going on, and you are still having a go at me, because I did not name Griffen.
GIVE ME A BREAK, ANYHOW I WONT BOTHER ANYMORE.
YOU WIN.
HE STUCK IT RIGHT ******* UP US! HE DIDN'T SAY GRIFFEN WAS GOING, HE SAID MINSON AND MACCA WERE! STUCK IT UP US!

We will get a good deal out of this. GWS as much as I dislike them are very fair to deal with trade wise.

If it is true that he wants to leave Melbourne then Griffen is actually doing the right thing. Next year he becomes a free agent and it would cost GWS nothing and you would get very little compensation. This way GWS are forced to offer you guys appropriate offer. As much as I loved Buddy being at Hawthorn if he had left a year earlier (as he was always going to leave) then Hawthorn would have received much fairer compensation. This is how it is, now with free agency - if you can't lock your stars in to a longer term contract then you need to get fair value for them. Not saying it is right just the way it is.

Yes.....true provided we actually do get a good deal. Our list is nothing like the Hawks so I'd argue that Griff going really hurts us. You guys went on to win another flag without Buddy. Griff is the skipper.....it's massive shock for our club.

I know its so damn hard to find positives, and being emotional and all. But i think this could be huge turning point for the clubs future. We need people who are 100% dedicated to being here and Griff never looked comfortable in his leadership role.

The good news is that we are trading with a club who would me more than willing to give up great assets for a player of his calibre. There are also plenty of players on their list that could suit us.

I would be looking at either pick 4 or 7 alongside one of these players: Boyd/Cameron/WHE

We can really set ourselves up here.

I agree. But this has to be a turning point. We must get their first pick. We must get a good player from them. Otherwise it's a step back big time. We will at very least get a first rounder for him under free agency so if we can't get better than that this year then we make him play out his contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryan Griffen Requests Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back