Official Team Thread S.25 Baghdad Bombers Team Thread- S.25 BnF Friday 6th July

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodbye, thank you and good luck miggs

166377.jpeg

Fellow Bombers, for those who are not aware, miggs will be leaving the Bombers after this game and will continue his SFA journey with the East Side Hawks.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank miggsy for his short time, but sizeable contribution he made as a Bomber.
Tomorrow will be his 42nd and final game. In that time, he has won 2 Premierships, won a Best and Fairest and been a part of our LG.
He has also entertained us with his many stories and life experiences.

In the SFA, not everyone is destined to play over 300 games at one club. The nature of this place is that at some stage, many players will move on to other clubs to keep their desire alive to continue in the SFA. I for one welcome this as I'd rather keep miggs in the SFA then lose him altogether. He is too good a poster and Qootballer to be lost.

If a suitable trade cannot be facilitated with the Hawks, I'll be delisting miggs so he can make his way there unhindered.

I'm sure all fellow Bombers will join with me and wish you all the best mate. Expect a smack to the back of the head when we next meet as adversaries.:p

Good luck and thanks for your service to the Bombers.

200w_d-8.gif

Well said KohPhi and a really good gesture. Great to keep good posters in the game regardless.

Thanks for the mateship Miggs and best wishes at the Hawks. I have really enjoyed having you on my side and will miss you.

Ahem, it is another Bomber Stars 50th this week, let’s not let him down!!
And a certain former Bomber is writing the match thread for it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I was saying the OP will be very light on for highlights then!
He could mention how i am now officially the best in the comp at marking.

Bout the only thing im any good at

Goodbye, thank you and good luck miggs

View attachment 474144

Fellow Bombers, for those who are not aware, miggs will be leaving the Bombers after this game and will continue his SFA journey with the East Side Hawks.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank miggsy for his short time, but sizeable contribution he made as a Bomber.
Tomorrow will be his 42nd and final game. In that time, he has won 2 Premierships, won a Best and Fairest and been a part of our LG.
He has also entertained us with his many stories and life experiences.

In the SFA, not everyone is destined to play over 300 games at one club. The nature of this place is that at some stage, many players will move on to other clubs to keep their desire alive to continue in the SFA. I for one welcome this as I'd rather keep miggs in the SFA then lose him altogether. He is too good a poster and Qootballer to be lost.

If a suitable trade cannot be facilitated with the Hawks, I'll be delisting miggs so he can make his way there unhindered.

I'm sure all fellow Bombers will join with me and wish you all the best mate. Expect a smack to the back of the head when we next meet as adversaries.:p

Good luck and thanks for your service to the Bombers.

View attachment 474148

Hey miggs ,
I’m really sorry to see you go...

I remember the first time we met. You were young, innocent and naive. On a holiday with your family, on the lake in the Catskill mountains. I was younger too. A dance instructor at the resort. I taught you the mambo. We spent many awkward practice sessions together, where we slowly developed our relationship. Our crowning glory was “the lift”. I thought you’d never get it, but I underestimated your determination and spirit.
Of course, your father didn’t approve of me, or our relationship at first.
But I told him, “nobody puts miggs in a corner”. He could tell we were meant to be, and decided it was perfectly normal for a 40 year old, unemployed, homeless dance instructor, to date his 16 year old child...

That’s how I remember it, anyway.

It’s been a pleasure, miggs. I look forward to coming on you... sorry, I mean coming up against you in the future.

Good luck at the hawks, big fella.

OT.

Any of you lads know anything about different types of wood used in making dining tables? Need to know the make of a certain table I have. Slide into my DMs if you can help.

OT.

Any of you lads know anything about different types of wood used in making dining tables? Need to know the make of a certain table I have. Slide into my DMs if you can help.

Umm strangely enough my work dictates that I do know a fair bit about timber. Happy to help if I can?

OT.

Just use treated pine :p

Lads, another milestone match coming up this week..last week we won it for Coach who played his 50th game and this week, let's make sure we do the same for Tony Lynn15 who is also playing his 50th.

In my relatively short time time in the SFA, I can't recall a player who has had as great an impact both on the field and off it as TL.
Dual Premiership player, all SFA, 151 DT points in a GF. Wow.

Off field he owns probably the most successful thread I've seen (UTH) where EVERYONE regardless of club was made to feel welcome. A visitor to many team boards and threads, nobody embodies what the SFA is about more than him in my opionion.

An absolute star in the banter stakes, let's all congratulate Uncle Tony on this milestone.

Carn Bombers..

Lads, another milestone match coming up this week..last week we won it for Coach who played his 50th game and this week, let's make sure we do the same for Tony Lynn15 who is also playing his 50th.

In my relatively short time time in the SFA, I can't recall a player who has had as great an impact both on the field and off it as TL.
Dual Premiership player, all SFA, 151 DT points in a GF. Wow.

Off field he owns probably the most successful thread I've seen (UTH) where EVERYONE regardless of club was made to feel welcome. A visitor to many team boards and threads, nobody embodies what the SFA is about more than him in my opionion.

An absolute star in the banter stakes, let's all congratulate Uncle Tony on this milestone.

Carn Bombers..

Carna Baghdad! :thumbsu:

Nothing like a TL15 special

If that's anything like the Combination Special at the Hong Kong Cafe on Mt Alexander Rd Moonee Ponds then it will be magnificent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread S.25 Baghdad Bombers Team Thread- S.25 BnF Friday 6th July

Remove this Banner Ad

Back