Official Match Thread S31 Round 8 - Dragons FFC vs Gold City Royals at Ljp86's Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

I loved being on the fries station in my Hungry Jacks days. It was a big step up on the broiler. Not only can you easily graze on the fries throughout your shift, but the nuggets and onion rings (the proper crumbed ones back then) got made there too! Then there were the customised super burgers with grilled chicken, nuggets, cheese and ranch sauce....geez I put on so much weight.

I'm guessing those places are packed to the rafters with CCTV cameras these days. Poor bastards.
Sounds delicious, though. Now I’m hungry.
Im going to make kangaroo for supper tonight. Hope it turns out well. Just a fillet. I was told 3 mins. on each side.

Sounds delicious, though. Now I’m hungry.
Im going to make kangaroo for supper tonight. Hope it turns out well. Just a fillet. I was told 3 mins. on each side.

Kangarooo fillet with a ring of grilled pineapple.

Are you related to our AceAndy? Different days for different family members? 😯

It does raise a valid point though, there are no good songs about Wednesday.

It does raise a valid point though, there are no good songs about Wednesday.
Very true.

Thanks to a certain song I did learn that Thursday follows Wednesday, and then it's Friday again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

manangatang remind me - where does Wednesday rank on your day scale? Was it #4? Did you take into account the lack of Wednesday-based songs?
I'm glad you asked...

My ranking of the days of the week, from worst to best:

7. Tuesday: you start to wonder why you bother. No real excuse to take the piss at work, no spiffy means of convincing yourself that everything's OK. Just a turd sandwich wrapped in barbed wire and disappointment.

6. Wednesday: people laud 'hump' day like it's a thing. They're fooling themselves - it's a shitheap. You're miles away from the weekend and people tend to expect you to be productive. Lots of meetings and stuff. Just crap.

5. Monday: the buzz of the weekend still present and you can take the piss at work during the morning. Worst part is pretending to give a sh*t about your colleagues' weekend, which is very likely to have been even more boring than your own.

4. Thursday: you're past the midway point of the working week and things are looking up - you can look forward to taking the piss at work the following day as well. Got an underrated vibe to it. During non-**** seasons the AFL teams for the weekend are named, so you can always look forward to going to club boards on BigFooty for selection melts.

3. Sunday: a good day - don't get me wrong - but it always feels like something nice is about to die, particularly from 4pm onwards.

2. Friday: the day before Saturday - footy to look forward to of a night, usually take the piss a bit at work in preparation for the weekend, good night to head out (*see below disclaimer)

1. Saturday: footy, pubs, first day of the weekend, sleep-ins, another day off to look forward to (*some of these things may not actually happen depending on whether you're in lockdown or have pets that wake you up at 6:50am)

fin.

I'm glad you asked...

7. Tuesday: you start to wonder why you bother. No real excuse to take the piss at work, no spiffy means of convincing yourself that everything's OK. Just a turd sandwich wrapped in barbed wire and disappointment.

6. Wednesday: people laud 'hump' day like it's a thing. They're fooling themselves - it's a shitheap. You're miles away from the weekend and people tend to expect you to be productive. Lots of meetings and stuff. Just crap.

5. Monday: the buzz of the weekend still present and you can take the piss at work during the morning. Worst part is pretending to give a sh*t about your colleagues' weekend, which is very likely to have been even more boring than your own.

4. Thursday: you're past the midway point of the working week and things are looking up - you can look forward to taking the piss at work the following day as well. Got an underrated vibe to it. During non-**** seasons the AFL teams for the weekend are named, so you can always look forward to going to club boards on BigFooty for selection melts.

3. Sunday: a good day - don't get me wrong - but it always feels like something nice is about to die, particularly from 4pm onwards.

2. Friday: the day before Saturday - footy to look forward to of a night, usually take the piss a bit at work in preparation for the weekend, good night to head out (*see below disclaimer)

1. Saturday: footy, pubs, first day of the weekend, sleep-ins, another day off to look forward to (*some of these things may not actually happen depending on whether you're in lockdown or have pets that wake you up at 6:50am)

fin.

This is accurate.

Sunday's are the worst day of the week.

Well, until we start winning games of qooty again.

A lot of North games on Sunday's too... it's a veritable treasure trove of joy for me.

I'm glad you asked...

fin.

I've let this post dwell within for the last hour or so and have had literally the most boring and sleepy Wednesday afternoon ever, to the extent I'm drinking arvo coffee for the first time ever. So, thanks I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread S31 Round 8 - Dragons FFC vs Gold City Royals at Ljp86's Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back