Official Team Thread S31 - Sin City Swamprats [Ant Bear - Toots Hibbert Award Winner]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yay!! I got some fans šŸ˜§. What video games U been playing?

Siege mostly.

Did have a decent Far Cry session on Friday night. Good memories of playing that game with Drazah back in the day.

Preview (R6)
S31R06

BENDING, BUT NEVER BREAKING
Rats v. Gumbies, chapter 36

S31R06 marks the 36th time in SFA History that the Swamprats play against the Gumbies.

So far, the series belong to the Gumbies. They:
a. have won the first meeting in S04R04;
b. have the longest winning streak ā€“ ridiculous 11 games in a row (S07R08-S19R01);
c. lead the head-to-head count: GUM 20-15 SCS.

But the Swampies have had their moments, too. The Rats have:
i. won the last game (S30PF);
ii. won 5 of the last 7 matches;
iii. won all the three Finals played between the clubs: S05PF; S26SF; S30PF.

Actually, since R20, after that Gumbies' freak streak, the Rats have won 11 out of 17 matches ā€“ including two 3-game winning streaks.

The clubs have split the series last season, 1 win each.

Will the Rats' leverage continue? Or has arrived the time for the Gumbies to reclaim its position as a Swamprat nightmare?

Last edited:

Iā€™m pretty happy now Iā€™m in the forward half, me & hatchy seem to be working a treat

Stats (after R6)
Time for another installment of #ratstats, and what a week it was.

Rats_s31_stats.PNG

philreich reaping the rewards from bribing the qumpires, while Gameova_ rolls in and straight away performs. Some tough decisions for the selectors and the #ratoftheweek judges to make in the coming weeks.

Rats_s31_posts.PNG

Preview (R7) - "Rats 400 Week"
S31R07

THUG-OF-WAR 36

Rats 400 edition

Yes, you may not like, but it doesn't matter. It's the Swamprats against the Bombers. Their clash can only be called the Thug-of-War, and the winner takes possession of the ant555 Belt.

And the history of the match between SFA's Black-Red-Striped clubs has been quite a tug-of-war, indeed. In the previous 20 seasons, the clubs have split the season series twice (S16, S27); and only once (S06) one team didn't win it unbeaten.

From S04 to S27, the rule was for one team to pull the rope in one or two seasons, just to be pulled right away back.

Up to that point, the Bombers had won the season 8 times (S04, S07, S17-S18, S21, S23-S24, S26) against 7 wins of the Swamprats (S05-S06, S09, S19-S20, S22, S25).

The H2H record was tied: 15-15. However, in Finals, the Rats had the smallest of the advantages: SCS 2-1 BOM (SCS: S06PF, S27SF; BOM: S23SF).

No team had more than a 3-match winning streak: Baghdad, 2 (S17-S18/S23-S24); Sin City, 1 (S19-S20).

Including their last Finals meeting, though, that is no longer true. Since then, the Rats have won it all.

The current H2H record is: SCS 20-15 BOM

This week, the Rats defend a 6-match winning streak against the Bombers; having won the last three season series.

This is also the third Rat milestone match that they end up playing against Baghdad. In the previous two (#100 and #200), the Rats were victorious.

Can the Bombers finally break Sin City's streaks? Or will they see the Swampies stealing their camels once again?

Last edited:
Rats 400 Week
This week, the club has created three threads to celebrate the Swamprats' 400th SFA match:

Announcement:
- contains trivia and head-to-head stats

Stats:
- contains timeline, overall stats, and individual records

Top-10 Matches:
- contains write-ups for the 10 most important games in the club's history

Last edited:
The Captainā€™s Word (R8)
Not going anywhere!

7d71bae7-8488-4428-8c0a-c5f3a5d92bd2-jpeg.1078735

Stats (after R7)
Time for another installment of #ratstats, with the Rats getting up in a memorable 400th match.

Rats_s31_stats.PNG

FishingRick04 continuing to show the more experienced players how it's done, while SarahSmiles and Ant Bear are starting to put some strong performances together.

Sadly Firestarter ended up with Krispy Kremes.

Rats_s31_posts.PNG

The Bombers made for a strong week of bantering and drinking. BLUEALLTHRU and I shared many yarns together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time for another installment of #ratstats, with the Rats getting up in a memorable 400th match.

View attachment 1084487

FishingRick04 continuing to show the more experienced players how it's done, while SarahSmiles and Ant Bear are starting to put some strong performances together.

Sadly Firestarter ended up with Krispy Kremes.

View attachment 1084490

The Bombers made for a strong week of bantering and drinking. BLUEALLTHRU and I shared many yarns together.
Love ya mate!

Preview (R8)
S31R08

Swamprats-Hawks XXXIII

The sun may rise on the East Side, but those Underground donā€™t care about that.

S31R08 brings the 33rd (thirty-third) match between the Sin City Swamprats and the East Side Hawks, with the golden-emerald side living the divine heights of the Eyrie to pay a visit to the Rats at the sinful Underground stadium.

The history of the clash shows pretty much a see-saw pattern, with few streaks; none longer than 3 wins. To be precise, there have been five 2-win streaks (all for the Swamprats), and three 3-win streaks (Hawks 2-1). The remaining 13 results didnā€™t have any sequal; although an East Side victory can reduce that number back to 12.

The Swamprats have advantage on the overall head-to-head, thanks to a 9-4-1 record in the games between S09R14 and S23R17 (which are sandwiched by the Hawksā€™ winning streaks) and a 6-3 record between S25PF and S30R03 (right after East Sideā€™s second 3-match winning streak).

In brief, usually the Rats have a slight superiority over the Hawks through a long period of time; which is erased by a short strong dominance by the East-Siders. The exception would be S22-S23, when Sin City didnā€™t lose any of the 4 games played (1 draw, followed by a 3-win streak).

These teams played in 18 season series, and parity seems to be the rule: SCS 7-5 HAW (6 draws)

The current overall head-to-head record reads: SCS 17-14 HAW (1 draw)

Both clubs have met in Finals twice, with the Rats winning one (S25PF), and the Hawks, another (S28QF).

Last meeting (S30R14) was won by East Side.

Will teams experience the see-saw once again? Or the Hawks will start their third winning streak in the clashā€™s history?

Preview (R9)
S31R09

The War-Rats: round 22

The name may look awful, but it doesnā€™t matter. Itā€™s Brazilian inspired, after derbies like Fla-Flu (Flamengo v. Fluminense), GrĆŖ-Nal (GrĆŖmio v. Internacional), Atletiba (AtlĆ©tico v. Coritiba), Bra-Pel (Brasil v. Pelotas), etc. It could have been Warrats, but the idea of ā€œwar ratsā€ won me over. Thus, the showdown between Swamprats and Warriors was named ā€œWar-Rats.ā€

In S31R09, Swampies and Wazzas will play against each other for the 22nd time in SFA history. The Rats have faced no team fewer than Coney Island. The closest would be the Royals, which we have met 28 times already.

Overall, SCS leads the H2H: 12-8-1. The only tie happened in S28R05.

The meetingā€™s short history can be divided into three separated moments:

a. S18-S20 (5 matches) ā€“ SCS on top, 4-1;​
b. S21-S27R10 (10) ā€“ CIW ahead, 6-4;​
c. S27PF-S30 (6) ā€“ adv. SCS, 4-1-1.​

Coney Island has only one streak (2 matches, both in S24), while the Rats have two: one 4-match (S18-S20) and one 3-match (S28-S30) winning streak. The latter is part of a 5-match unbeaten streak.

Regarding season series, the overall record is:
- Swamprats, 6 (S19/S20/S23/S25/S28/S29)​
- Warriors, 2 (S21/S24)​

There have been 5 seasons that ended in draw (S18/S22/S26/S27/S30).

This series has the Ratsā€™ greatest W% (59.52%) and third biggest win differential (+4). The Swampies also won the only Finalsā€™ face-off between the clubs (S27PF).

However, the Warriors have won both the first (S18R05) and the last (S30R16) War-Rats.

Can the Wazzas have its second winning streak ever against the Rats? Or will Sin City immediately rebound from a loss against Coney Island for the 6th time in War-Ratsā€™ History?

Rat of the Week (R9) - MannumPower
#ratoftheweek - Round 9 Edition

Welcome to this Easter edition of #ratoftheweek. While many people will be forced into spending time with family, thankfully some of us will be busy at the pub preparing for a qooty blockbuster. It was at the Underground Stadium Life Members' bar where I caught up with this week's nominee. It was my first time being allowed to enter this mysterious venue, and I immediately felt unworthy upon seeing some of the photos and names on the various honour boards on the walls. There were still some sad looking ballons with #400 painted on them, and the bar looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while. I make my way to meet with this week's nominee, and I find him sitting next to a photo of himself that is elegantly framed on the wall. It immediately becomes clear why he was quick to nominate Catsnlakers to be the one to don the bunny suit for this year's Easter egg hunt. Congratulations MannumPower!

mannum.png

Me: How does it feel to finally get some recognition for your greatness in the qooty world?
MP: Well my Mobbs Medal win was a good start all those years ago but I think the time has come for me to be immortalised , I mean Iā€™ve come back from a few seasons break and Iā€™m in career best qooty form. Hopefully people will start taking more notice of me.

Me: Is it true that youā€™ve reported all the match preview authors who havenā€™t acknowledged you?
MP: I have reported them all to the Independent Commission Against Corruption, their time will come.

Me: Did you ever find out who was responsible for the Alberton fire in the season 18/19 off season?
MP: A gentlemanā€™s agreement was made between the parties involved that all insurance monies earnt would be shared between said parties .

Me: What is your best memory as a Rats player?
MP: Probably getting the Swamprats back into the SFA, the behind the scenes work was phenomenal as was the recruiting, to see what the club has achieved since its return is humbling.

Me: Are there any former Rats getting around that youā€™d like to see come back to the club?
MP: I would always welcome my co-conspirators spookism and Noobz0r, we had some great times together.

Author's note: there are still a few spots available on the Swamprats' roster.

Me: Your relentless style of getting stuck in to the opposition must take its toll. What are your tips for exercise, nutrition and hydration for other Rats posters who may be considering upping their own game?
MP: Learn from the best, there are some great posters in this league, Mobbs is my favourite his humour and ability to bring people into a match thread while also keeping the talk about qooty is how everyone should post.

Me: What would you say to those who believe the Rats received too much positive press during the recent #rats400week? Is GremioPower in danger of becoming the next Qeddie Mcguire?
MP: They will always hate us because they aint us.

Me: What improvements to the Underground Stadium would you like to see? LED lighting? Kiss cam?
MP: I've always wanted more in ground eskies in the oval. A special Mobbs Medal cleaner would be good seeing as the Swamprats always seem to win them.
Me: I'll definitely pass these on to philreich.

Well that's it folks. Another ripping episode of #ratoftheweek. Stay safe this Easter and just remember, if you stay home and don't drive anywhere you can drink as much as you please.

Gun of the Week, R8 - Catsnlakers
Your rookie, FishingRick04, won a thing.
Your rookie, Catsnlakers, won a thing.

Stats (after R9)
Time for another installment of #ratstats. Not the best week for us overall with a quiet match thread followed by a poor second quarter that effectively handed the Warriors the game.

Rats_s31_stats.PNG

Rats_s31_posts.PNG

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread S31 - Sin City Swamprats [Ant Bear - Toots Hibbert Award Winner]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back