Official Team Thread S31 - Sin City Swamprats [Ant Bear - Toots Hibbert Award Winner]

Remove this Banner Ad

Rat of the Week (R10) - Hatchy1992
Congrats to Hatchy1992 who is this week's #ratoftheweek:

#ratoftheweek - Round 10 Edition

What an episode we have for you in the round 10 edition of #ratoftheweek. This week sees one of the most decorated players in the league bring up his 250th match. The former captain, All-SFA and premiership winning forward also brought up his 350th league goal with a four goal display against the Warriors (we won’t talk any more about that game). Please welcome star Swamprat full forward Hatchy1992.

hatchy.png

Me: Did you expect that you would make it to 250 games when you started at the Gumbies all those seasons ago?
H: I don't think anyone entering the league expects it to make it to 100 games, let alone 250, certainly not myself anyway so it's an achievement I am very honoured with and very excited to make this week.

Me: Can you tell us how the big move from the Dragons happened? Did philreich have to go on a hunger strike outside your house for several hours?
H: It's a move that's been in the works for a number of seasons now, in fact I think it was Ant Bear that messaged me to join the Rats about the same time the Dragons did all those seasons ago, but I always maintained that I'd join one day. philreich got into my ear at the end of season 29 about a move for season 30, obviously I wasn't ready at the time, but I am here now and I'm glad I eventually made the move.

Me: How did the Dragons take the news?
H: It was very difficult to break the news so out of respect to the club that I played over 100 times with I decided to wait until the end of the season to break it to them. There was alot of dissapointment but they all understood my position so I am very grateful for that, and I'm still getting tagged in Dragons match threads! Sometimes I see Knifey Spoony and serial_thrilla trod slowly past my favourite haunt at Sin City, the Underground bar.

Me: How have you found it working in a crowded forward line alongside such household qooty names such as SarahSmiles and LukeParkerno1?
H: It's been an honor this season. SarahSmiles has held the full forward mantle at the Rats for a long time and while I didn't expect to get the nod for FF this season I am very grateful that I was entrusted with it. Although I've had an inconsistent start in front of goals, I finally feel i'm starting to find my feet and I hope I'm repaying the faith.

Me: Who is the toughest defender you've played on?
H: Oh that's a tough one. There have been a number of good defenders that i've had good battles with over the seasons, but I always have good battles with Callums_Guns and I think he'd say the same thing.

Me: The Rats are currently going through a bit of a form slump and the media pressure is starting to ramp up. How do you keep focussed amid the media speculation and innuendo?
H: I've always had the mantra to never take notice of external opinion. And the rest of the club are the same I think. People are always going to have a bit to say, and that's fully within their rights, but I just put my head down and continue doing my role for the team. Eventually it will all click for us and everything will naturally fall into place after that.

Me: Have you found an eatery in Sin City to rival Dragon Island Subway?
H: Dragon Island subway had amazing subs, however SarahSmiles told me about the burger joint in Sin City a few weeks ago so I decided to try it and while I don't like comparing eateries, there was something about this burger joint that made me want to go back to it.

Me: Congrats again on reaching 250 games!
H: Thanks jackster. It's an achievement I am very proud of. Hopefully I can do the team proud this week and help us come away with a much needed victory.

Narrator: Several of Hatchy’s former team mates also stopped by to express their congratulations

AceAndy:
Great effort to get to 250 games Hatchy :thumbsu:

I see you slotted your 350th goal on the weekend. I recall in a fortnight last season you kicked 3.11 which means you are probably the SFA record holder with about 1200 points :D

A legend of the Dragons and great team man , co-captained the mighty Dragons to the season 28 premiership and was a great qooty player who I am sure would be welcome back at the Dragons.

Enjoy your 250th mate.

serial_thrilla:
Congratulations on the huge milestone Hatchy: it is a fantastic achievement over a very long period of time. Hopefully you've successfully infiltrated Sin City and stolen the Rats' qooty cheat codes; we look forward to seeing you in Dragon colours once more in S32. :)

This week we'll pour out one of these at Crocodile Drunkees on Dragon Island in your honour:

1602481383012-png.1095241

Knifey Spoony:
Hatchy my dear sweet prince; congratulations on this amazing milestone. It goes without mentioning that you are a legend of the Dragons, so I will admit my disappointment that you achieve this effort at another club. I will advise their is still time to get suspended until the end of season when you can heroically return...

Hatchy, you are a ripper Qooty player and an even better mate. Your favourite stool at Crocodile Drunkees will be forever reserved until you return, but until then, congratulations on a massive milestone in what has been an excellent career. Well done lad!

Well that's all we have time for in this week's episode of #ratoftheweek. Please tune in again next week.

Stats (after R10)
Time for another installment of #ratstats.

Rats_s31_stats.PNG
Good to see Ant Bear return to form with an utterly dominant display. Meanwhile Hatchy1992 had a whopping 16 shots at goal.

Rats_s31_posts.PNG

The Captain's Word (R11)

I'm backing Hatchy1992 to win the Fred Medal. He's only 5 off the pace, and if he repeats last week's heroics against the Roys (except hopefully more accurately!!!), then he's a very real chance!!!
If I recall, I was 6 behind the leader heading into the final round the last time I won the Fred.

Rat of the Week (R11) - SarahSmiles
Get around SarahSmiles, who is this week's #ratoftheweek.

#ratoftheweek - Round 11 edition

Welcome back for another edition of #ratoftheweek. As we approach another finals series, the cream of the crop starts to rise, and today I have one of the leaders of the Swamprats, star forward SarahSmiles. Forced to move to CHF by the arrival of the previous #ratoftheweek in Hatchy1992, the four time Groove medal winner has had to diversify her his gameplay. This week I caught up with him at Sin City Starbucks. He orders the coffees and we sit down and start chatting. I ask him how Chelsea are travelling and he hands me a newspaper with his photo on the front page.

www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk

Boozed-up fan who invaded Crystal Palace pitch told cops 'I've been a t***'

Me: How have you judged the Rats' season so far?

SS: Largely inconsistent, but the kids have gone alright and I can easily seeing us winning another flag. Although that would be because I have access to the simmers PM and I can see the results for the rest of the season.

Me: How have you found the move up the field to CHF?

SS: Strange and I often find myself gravitating towards the goal square. I dislike it as I have to run more, but also I get to take more punts from 55 metres out so you know yin and yang. I get to use my Qooty head a lot more and it's nice being involved in moves instead of just reaping the rewards of an easy goal, it gives me a nice little warm feeling.

Me: You are only 12 goals behind Elite Finger Twirler on the Rats' all time goalkicking list. Will you be prioritising the milestone ahead of your team mates?

SS: Put it this way, if I collect the ball on the edge of the centre square under immense pressure and have an easy kick to an open teammate 25 metres away or a half chance to launch for goal from 75 metres out, the team mate is probably going to be left fuming.

Me: Who is the meanest defender you've played against?

SS: HawkAussie drew inspiration from a certain former Hawthorn captain and wouldn't stop pinching me.

Me: Should the Alberton/Sin City Swamprats history be taught in schools?

SS: 100%, we need to indoctrinate teach the next generations of superstars as early as possible. Plus I want as many people as possible to hear about my Qooty heroics.

Me: What are you up to outside of qooty?

SS: Trying to balance finishing school, work, a social life and all the brand endorsement shoots that come with my qooty superstardom

Me: Light or dark mode?

SS: Light mode. No competition.

Me: This coffee tastes strange. What did you put in mine?

SS: It's called oat milk. By the way, it cost 50 cents more, so when you pay me back for the coffee, make sure you don't forget about that.

Well, seeing as the yearly budget has just been blown, that will have to do us for this week. Thanks for turning in!

Rats Stats (after R11)
Time for another installment of #ratstats, but it's not one worth bragging about. A number of Rats chose to take the week off (it was only the Demons after all) but it resulted in a sub-par performance. Time to get our season back on track this week against our friends the Gumbies.

Rats_s31_stats.PNG

Rats_s31_posts.PNG

Rat of the Week (R12) - Firestarter
Give it up for Firestarter, who is this week's #ratoftheweek!

#ratoftheweek - Round 12 edition

Welcome back to another edition of #ratoftheweek.

After a performance against the Demons that can only be described as no good, the Swamprats could use a spark this week. This week's #ratoftheweek is the self-deprecating, dual premiership utility Firestarter. While he likes to say some funky sh*t, and is quick to shoot down any praise, us at the Rats certainly breathe easier when he's in the side.

View attachment 1109153

Me: How did you come to join the Rats?
FS: Dingster and Ant Bear messaged me with an invitation. I realised I wanted a different place other than the North boards to ramble and shoot the proverbial -- especially when I'm so salty at the club that I stay away from the site altogether -- so I jumped at the chance.

Me: Do you have a pre-game routine? Any superstitions?
FS: Usually I have a bad feeling about the week ahead. Lately I've been telling everyone that I hate them and will see them next week. It often doesn't work so I have to find another way to get fired up.

Me: The Rats have been in a bit of a form slump of late, losing three of their last four games. Anything you can put your finger on that might be the cause?
FS: Me. The end.

Me: How did you survive the lockdown last year? (Over here in Adelaide we lost our minds at being locked up for three days - it was chaos in the bottleshops)
FS: I'm an introverted hermit at the best of times. As long as I know I can get toilet paper once a week I'm happy as Larry. Lockdown was a strange kind of blessing.

Me: With the Warriors leading, and the Bombers in second spot on the ladder, are you concerned that corruption may be present in the SFA?
FS: There's always been corruption in the SFA. I just figured we paid the next man up who pays the next man up from him. Like a well-oiled machine of deceit and lies.

Me: What initiatives would you like the SFA to bring in for season 32?
FS: It's possible to have initiatives? What, like a Grand Final breakfast thread that isn't the match thread?

Me: Ant Bear was seen rocking up to the Monday recovery (pub) session with a black eye? That wouldn't be as a result of the jokes he was making about North Melbourne would it?
FS: Unless he was also bending over and shuffling like he needed to take the longest piss, that wasn't me. I did offer a pint, though -- just never told him what was in it.

Well that does it for this week's edition of #ratoftheweek. Let's hope he can smack the Gumbies up.

Thanks for joining and we'll you all again next week.

The Captain's Word (R12)
Rat of the Week (R13) - GotTheGoodes
sh*t is starting to get serious now.

Indeed it is.

Looking for a big game this this week's #ratoftheweek - GotTheGoodes.

#ratoftheweek - Round 13 edition

Welcome back for another installment of #ratoftheweek. Following on from Firestarter winning the award last week, we've got another Rats' heavyweight for you again this week. This highly esteemed midfield has an All-SFA gong and a Toots medal to go with his two premiership medallions.

I caught up with him as he was gathering snacks and preparing to watch his beloved Swans.

View attachment 1116448

Me: How did you come to join the Swamprats?

GtG: I stumbled upon the league while looking around the non-footy forums... While drunk... with no pants on... eating a bagel... So the Swampies seemed an obvious fit.

Legit.

Me: Most memorable win as a Swamprat?

GtG: The first GF win was pretty special.

Me: Can you see yourself ever attempting to repeat the 27-posts-per-week benchmark that made you respected by your team mates and positively feared by opponents?

GtG: Respected? Oh... uhhh... yeah, uh... ahem. Of course. Me. Ahem. Respected. Ahhh, yeah. Ummmm.... No.

Not 27. That was soooo season 28 to remind everyone about the season 27 premiers... Wait until we win our next one.

Me: Is it true that you put Rats rookie Catsnlakers in his place when he tried to steal your midfield spot?

GtG: Yes. I haven't been here having to deal with the smells, lack of pay or clothing for some bloody rookie hack (no offense to that rookie hack) to come waltzing in & steal my rightfully deserved hardly fought for spot ffs... If the LG ever wanted a Furies style plastic cutlery mutany... just sayin...

Me: In the spirit of the current match thread with the Dragons, what are your top three things to put on hot chips? (gravy, chicken salt, tomato sauce, etc)

GtG: 1. More hot chips
2. Chicken salt
3. Gravy

Me: How do you get out of work to go on the various qooty trips?

GtG: I drug my boss with alcohol & various sedatives & other narcotics... He loves it, so it works well for everyone.

Me: Slightly serious question now. How do you think the league is travelling at the moment in terms of posting quality and the level of interaction between posters?

GtG: Posting quality in the SweetFA is like a Picaso... it's what you make it. Where one poster sees the slight tinges of beauty another just sees a sloppy steamer.

Not sure exactly which kind of interaction between posters we should openly discuss here mate... ummm, it's been, uh... Good, I guess?!? Right?! I've not noticed much difference since stepping back last season honestly. I just hope everyone is enjoying themselves.

Well that wraps up another intriguing #ratoftheweek. Apologies for the lateness. Do tune in again next week - rumour has it, another LG member could be in the gun.

Rats Stats (after R13)
Time for another installment of #ratstats.

Rats_s31_stats.PNG

Hatchy1992 crossed the 50 goal mark with another couple of goals against the Dragons, while the first year sensation FishingRick04 and the wily veteran Ant Bear were also solid. GremioPower racked up donuts for the day, which earned him the wrath of the Sin City media.

Rats_s31_posts.PNG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

@GremioPower racked up donuts for the day, which earned him the wrath of the Sin City media.
Those in the media know nothing, understand nothing, and don’t learn nothing. Study and research are too much work, apparently; and the idea that they might be wrong is simply to scary for them to raise.

Silver Linings (R14)
In the 6 matches between R8 to R13, we lost 5 times.

It was our worst six-game stretch since S27, when we lost 5 games in a row (R6-R10).

The good news is that we were the S27 premiers.

Rats Stats (after R14)
Time for another edition of #ratstats

Back on the road after a lean run of home games, the Rats clashed with MWPP and friends and came away with a hard fought 10 point win.

Rats_s31_stats.PNG

SarahSmiles, MannumPower and Rats rookie Catsnlakers were the stars of the show.

Rats_s31_posts.PNG

Congrats to the skipper philreich, who chalked up 1000 posts for the season (with 900+ of them being dad jokes).

The Captain's Word (R15)
Didn’t realise how slack I’ve been the last two weeks

Rats Stats (after R15)
#ratstats...

A heavy defeat to the <name withheld> saw the Rats go the whole season without a win at home. On the bright side, it may also prevent the <name withheld> from winning the spoon.

Rats_s31_stats.PNG

philreich clocking up the half century for frees for. Feel free to share the free kicks around skip.

Rats_s31_posts.PNG

The Captain’s Word (R17)
So jackster83 - is the alcohol ready for Mad Monday: I daresay we'll be needing it a bit sooner than normal......

Rats Stats (after R16)
Time for the second last installment of #ratstats for season 31.

Rats_s31_stats.PNG

LukeParkerno1 with a huge game with eight goals. Gameova_ also found some form with 18 disposals and three goals.

Rats_s31_posts.PNG

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread S31 - Sin City Swamprats [Ant Bear - Toots Hibbert Award Winner]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back