Rules S33 Rules & Tribunal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Stick up for your your dumb captain mate, if he hadn't tried to be a smartarse nothing would of happened. Yeah our bloke made a mistake and was punished and then left and your captain was made a hero, a Bomber does the same thing what happens?

I am not sticking up for Moz at all

At the Wonders, we don’t agree on everything

There is only one hero at the Wonders & his name is ClarkeM

Stick up for your your dumb captain mate, if he hadn't tried to be a smartarse nothing would of happened. Yeah our bloke made a mistake and was punished and then left and your captain was made a hero, a Bomber does the same thing what happens?

*Would have happened.

Your bloke is a homophobic troll that the Sweet FA is best without.

Absolute utter tripe that just regurgitates consistently from your keyboard. You do not know him like we do!

Really?

When Blowhard, skipper of the Baghdad Asterisks, leaps to your defence you may may as well put your neck in the noose.

In every sport, the opposition impacts on the contest being played.

You keep insisting everything about the random Sim is not impacted by any outside influence, weather conditions included. If this is true, then the opposition has no impact on the performance of a team. There is no good reason to award points not earned if this is the case.
In every sport, the opposition impacts on the contest if they turn up. If they don't. Then the points get allocated elsewhere.
The Sim simulates a game. Each transaction within a match is a simulation of teams affecting each other's success in a match.
Each match has a 4-point kitty and they must go somewhere. Every team's progress through a season is based on this. If a team forfeits, the 4 points go to the team which didn't.
The opposing team get the 4 points.

PS: If as you suggest, the match should still be played with some placeholder players (because Team A forfeited), then this equates to Team B having a fll-in replacement match with some other guys, because their opponents didn't show up. I've done that once. We went to Canterbury to play a premiership points match, Canterbury weren't there. We came back to Chelt and split into 2 teams between seniors and ressies and had a praccy.
Do you think 4 premiership points would have revolved around our praccy? Doubt the SESFL would have been keen on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PS: If as you suggest, the match should still be played with some placeholder players (because Team A forfeited), then this equates to Team B having a fll-in replacement match with some other guys, because their opponents didn't show up. I've done that once. We went to Canterbury to play a premiership points match, Canterbury weren't there. We came back to Chelt and split into 2 teams between seniors and ressies and had a praccy.
Do you think 4 premiership points would have revolved around our praccy? Doubt the SESFL would have been keen on it.

Played basketball once against the top team in out league. They only had 4 turn up. They were so good they thrashed us in the scratch match we played (one of their guys later went to the NBL, and one the SEABL).
We got the 2 points as they couldn't field a team by the ten minute mark, so forfeited. That's what generally happens in organised sport.

* Sweet ESFL

Several teams haven’t shown up to play us this season.

Look forward to receiving all their points in due course.

Thanks Mobbs !!!

If team X has 20 active posters listed in the team sheet and only 14 post (can be 1 post) is that classified as not turning up as well, therefore even if team X win shouldn't that be a forfeit if all don't post by the conclusion of the match sim posting ??

Should there be a minimum amount of players make a post in a match thread, if there isn't shouldn't it be 20 (or at least 18)

Several teams haven’t shown up to play us this season.

Look forward to receiving all their points in due course.

Thanks Mobbs !!!
Paid in full for a clever interpretation, but technically I think "turning up" requires any member of the squad posting a team sheet in the official thread, with that submission meeting the requirements stipulated in the rules, and each of the players names also meeting eligibility requirements per the rules.

I just had a scan of 5A to see who can post a team, eventually found it in 5C. "... any player listed by the club". This wording is shithouse but the point is clear. "any member of that club's current squad" maybe?

If team X has 20 active posters listed in the team sheet and only 14 post (can be 1 post) is that classified as not turning up as well, therefore even if team X win shouldn't that be a forfeit if all don't post by the conclusion of the match sim posting ??

Should there be a minimum amount of players make a post in a match thread, if there isn't shouldn't it be 20 (or at least 18)
This is an eligible team and can play for premiership points, but is also a potential BTGID vulnerability for that same team, which would then need to be the subject of meritorious investigation.

I was of the opinion the Sweet FA was a place to come and escape the stress and seriousness normal life brings. It appears I was wrong!
This is far more serious than RL, ffs.

This place has a reputation to uphold

Paid in full for a clever interpretation, but technically I think "turning up" requires any member of the squad posting a team sheet in the official thread, with that submission meeting the requirements stipulated in the rules, and each of the players names also meeting eligibility requirements per the rules.

I just had a scan of 5A to see who can post a team, eventually found it in 5C. "... any player listed by the club". This wording is shithouse but the point is clear. "any member of that club's current squad" maybe?
The point of the rule is clear or we should be interpreting as it is written?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rules S33 Rules & Tribunal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back