Rules S33 Rules & Tribunal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So it turns out I didn’t save the league, all of you did.
Like the beacon on the hill, you stood there, did very little and we used you as a metaphor to persue our, quite frankly, ridiculous and silly goals

Like the beacon on the hill, you stood there, did very little and we used you as a metaphor to persue our, quite frankly, ridiculous and silly goals

And I couldn’t be prouder

I think listing the outs from the previous season makes sense as custom and practice. Presumably it assists Hate and other assiduous historians of the joint. I expect Metalcrusher had no wish to create inadvertent work for these people and was just having a bit of fun.

4D) Eligibility to sign players

Unrestricted Free Agency

Unrestricted free agency occurs between seasons from the grand final to squad submission date. Free agents may only be signed with permission. Player movement between clubs is unrestricted with permission of the player. Players who are new to the league signed during the offseason are required to either make a post in the signup thread or the team thread of their chosen club before officially being added to the squad. Any player movement not specified in the rules is not considered legal. In the event of uncertainty, the club must contact the administrator for consideration with the committee.

SEC [6]. PENALTIES

The Administrator shall apply the following penalties for breaches of the Rules under Sections 4 and 5 as above.
6B) Medium Impact
The following list of offences will result in a 1 game suspension for a team’s listed captain(s), and any offending player:
  • Incorrect player signing as per 4C and 4D
Hello NaturalDisaster, just want to confirm these rules are correct right?

If you're going to lay a High Impact charge for the Bombers for their minor indiscretion, just wondering when the charges will be laid for the more serious indiscretions by both the Dragons and the Bombers (and likely more).

Or should that rule be tweaked / removed? And if so, why can't that be the same to the Bombers for their High Impact charge over something so trivial.

Looking forward to hearing back from you. Hopefully it's a better response than what you told me in PM... :)

Hello NaturalDisaster, just want to confirm these rules are correct right?

If you're going to lay a High Impact charge for the Bombers for their minor indiscretion, just wondering when the charges will be laid for the more serious indiscretions by both the Dragons and the Bombers (and likely more).

Or should that rule be tweaked / removed? And if so, why can't that be the same to the Bombers for their High Impact charge over something so trivial.

Looking forward to hearing back from you. Hopefully it's a better response than what you told me in PM... :)

Someones been feeding you too much sugar this week, Clarkey.

Someone's not feeding you your milk as it seems you don't have the energy or passion for the role of admin anymore (unless it comes to only punishing the Bombers though, of course).

Someone's not feeding you your milk as it seems you don't have the energy or passion for the role of admin anymore (unless it comes to only punishing the Bombers though, of course).

I am lactose intolerant you insensitive dweeb.

I will raise the rookie signing issue with the committee.

I am lactose intolerant you insensitive dweeb.

I will raise the rookie signing issue with the committee.
I think I've seen why there's been inaction from the admin.

Is it because you don't want to get your captain in trouble?

The Warriors we can add to the list of signing rookies without following proper procedure. The following three rookies have all been signed without following the rules:
  • Ambrose Burnside
  • PhatBoy
  • adogsfan5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Warriors we can add to the list of signing rookies without following proper procedure. The following three rookies have all been signed without following the rules:
  • Ambrose Burnside
  • PhatBoy
  • adogsfan5

All agreed in PM i believe. But yes, I am sure there’s plenty of instances where it’s happened.

NaturalDisaster - is there an update on the trial against BAT & Crushy?

Soon

Pretty sure he’s got a genuinely valid point about gooses and ganders.
Doesn’t look good for Craig Tiley.

All agreed in PM i believe. But yes, I am sure there’s plenty of instances where it’s happened.

Soon
I'm sure they did. I guess that's why I'm asking if the rules as stated are correct because it says that permission must be granted in the team thread or sign up thread.

Pretty straightforward.

For what it's worth, the process is more important than any penalty in my opinion. I don't think anyone should be reprimanded - it's clear clubs (and admin alike) have forgotten or were unaware of the rule. A simple slap on the wrist and clean slate would be my recommendation but alas, you're the admin and you seem to do as you please.

• Ambrose Burnside
  • PhatBoy
  • adogsfan5

There is more than that Clarkey if you look harder mate ;) NaturalDisaster

I'm sure they did. I guess that's why I'm asking if the rules as stated are correct because it says that permission must be granted in the team thread or sign up thread.

Pretty straightforward.

For what it's worth, the process is more important than any penalty in my opinion. I don't think anyone should be reprimanded - it's clear clubs (and admin alike) have forgotten or were unaware of the rule. A simple slap on the wrist and clean slate would be my recommendation but alas, you're the admin and you seem to do as you please.

So a 4 week ban and -20 premiership points for the Bombers then ;)

There is more than that Clarkey if you look harder mate ;) NaturalDisaster
Oh I'm sure there is. I've looked at 3 teams and all have come up with an illegal signing. There's no doubt in my mind a majority of clubs are at fault of a rule which has good intentions. I think a punishment is pointless but a simple reminder of an ethical process is what we need to re-establish.

Pretty sure he’s got a genuinely valid point about gooses and ganders.
Doesn’t look good for Craig Tiley.
Hand Up GIF by Official London Theatre

I actually do get the requirement for rookies to post in the team thread or somewhere to acknowledge they have been signed, otherwise what’s stopping me going to an inactive board and signing people who have no idea they’ve been signed.

The sign up thread is not required during off season/free agency. But yeah some sort of acknowledgment that rookies are actually here of their own will is probably needed.
Dunno if it’s worth a high impact though, probably another thing that could be tweaked easily without too much fuss.

edit: sorry, medium impact.

Last edited:
I actually do get the requirement for rookies to post in the team thread or somewhere to acknowledge they have been signed, otherwise what’s stopping me going to an inactive board and signing people who have no idea they’ve been signed.

The sign up thread is not required during off season/free agency. But yeah some sort of acknowledgment that rookies are actually here of their own will is probably needed.
Dunno if it’s worth a high impact though, probably another thing that could be tweaked easily without too much fuss.
Exactly right Wosh. This is the ethical way to go about it and since the rule was introduced, it has always been the intention.

Now, the rules state that not following Rule 4D brings about a Medium Impact. Which I would argue is reasonable however I think with the sheer weight of teams offending, I think it should be a simple wake up call to everyone and we just move forward from here without any penalty.

Meanwhile, Wonders sign lioness, Rick18, Kerrby and eagleskickass

NaturalDisaster - if the Committee decide to uphold the High Impact charge against the Bombers as per the current rules, are you able to suspend the - 2 points penalty as it is excessive in this particular case?

#commonSense #justice

Remove this Banner Ad

Rules S33 Rules & Tribunal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back