Toast S8INTS in the Finals!

Remove this Banner Ad

Was over the moon with the Lyon appointment

Haven't liked a few things along the way but at no point regretted getting him in.

Now he's brought it together at the pointy end.

Genuinely feel anything is possible with him steering the ship.

I feel like the last few weeks there's been a big improvement with our decision making and executing the basics. Hopefully it can continue.

Tip my hat to the boss.
If this was Ratten/Richo, the second we shat the bed in that form slump after the bye, it would've completely unravelled for us.

I don't know what's happened but we are playing much more freely again, it's like the shackles are loose. We're looking much healthier on the scoreboard and playing a really up-tempo game.

With Collingwood going through injury it really is wide open - need to be playing your best footy right around this time to give yourself a chance and I feel we are doing that. Something has definitely clicked.

Been saying it all year that this list is good for the bottom half of the eight and a finals win would be our max output but on our day I reckon we can take it to anyone.

Gotta be in it to win it and half the job is done. Get on a roll ala Dogs in 2016 and who knows.

If this was Ratten/Richo, the second we shat the bed in that form slump after the bye, it would've completely unravelled for us.

I don't know what's happened but we are playing much more freely again, it's like the shackles are loose. We're looking much healthier on the scoreboard and playing a really up-tempo game.

With Collingwood going through injury it really is wide open - need to be playing your best footy right around this time to give yourself a chance and I feel we are doing that. Something has definitely clicked.

Been saying it all year that this list is good for the bottom half of the eight and a finals win would be our max output but on our day I reckon we can take it to anyone.

Gotta be in it to win it and half the job is done. Get on a roll ala Dogs in 2016 and who knows.

Yep we're actually finding form at the right time. Next week is super interesting to see where we stand. Course it could all come undone week 1 and that's fine. We're already way past expectations.

But dare to dream for a week or two longer...

The decision to appoint RTB vindicated by him steering us into finals despite all our injuries this year and playing so many kids, he just gets it done.

It looked for a while there that we were going to lose our way like last year but he has got us back on track at the right time.

We've got our ticket into the finals but we shouldn't be satisfied with that, if we hit our straps there is no other team in the finals that we can't beat.

Just about everyone wrote us off even playing finals and they will probably write us of winning any finals now, time to prove them all wrong again.

I think we're going up tempo but we don't seem to be just giving it back to the opposition as easily. It's been our biggest problem for years and again for parts of this season. Now we seem to be lowering our eyes and hitting our targets better with our field kicking. I don't know if stats will back that up, but that's what it looks like to me.

Team defence looking very good too.

Reckon we'll make a few teams nervous because we've shown this year our best can be very good... and let's face it... the other coaches know Ross is no joke.

It’s been a ride. From lick RTB in until 2050 to sack the bastard and now back to messiah.

Have found their mojo again. Pretty well injury free. Who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10.jpeg
Had a quick chat to Lethers at junior footy this morning.

Had a similar walking style & swagger.

Interesting Sandy game. We dominated all but the 3rd quarter.
Hayes kicked 6-0, to be the standout & possibly put pressure on Phillipou's place.
Caminiti took his usual quota of strong marks.
More a team effort with the others.
Billings & Coffield the highest possession winners without being outstanding.
Byrnes & Bytel quiet for their standards.
Campbell best ruckman on the ground, Heath is growing his game & looks to have a bright future.
Young Tarkyn O'Leary, Sandy Dragons was pacy & lively in the forward line with 2 early goals, & looks likely as a late draft pick.

Interesting Sandy game. We dominated all but the 3rd quarter.
Hayes kicked 6-0, to be the standout & possibly put pressure on Phillipou's place.
Caminiti took his usual quota of strong marks.
More a team effort with the others.
Billings & Coffield the highest possession winners without being outstanding.
Byrnes & Bytel quiet for their standards.
Campbell best ruckman on the ground, Heath is growing his game & looks to have a bright future.
Young Tarkyn O'Leary, Sandy Dragons was pacy & lively in the forward line with 2 early goals, & looks likely as a late draft pick.

I watched most of it. Absolutely messy but high pressure Sandy effort. Willy looked so much cleaner and great at linking up like Carlton through kick/mark. We played a scrappy pressure game with horrible kicking and passing but very good inside 50 with Hammer and Hayes converting well. Paton looks very good in every Sandy game I see him play. Probably better than Billings to be honest. Highmore is a gun at that level too.

Talking of VFL players. Jake Arundell playing for Box Hill looks good, really should get on an AFL list. I was big on him in his draft year but he was tiny. He's bulked up now. Looks like a tough version of Butler.

Great opportunity for the club for a number of reasons.
Kids like
Hammer
Naz
Pou
Windy
Owens
even Stocker and King.
Invaluable big game experience.

The club can sell a finals club to prospective kids, and trades.

Win one and it is even better.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast S8INTS in the Finals!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back