Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest the the reason the club hasn't moved on Hinkley is because of people that keep condoning the rinse and repeat mediocrity, that is mainly people that pay for memberships and the people that attend.

It's a business, we are financial, the club's not on the bottom, this all makes sense to business people, not football people. So the predicament for supporters is do I not pay my membership and attend matches, unfortunately yes is the answer, short term pain for long term gain.

When Hinkley decides to **** off this club will be a mess, we have no draft picks, we will have to make do with our patchwork defense. We have missed our window imo so it doesn't look good going forward.

Hinkley would have sucked every possible draft pick and dollar for his selfish gain, when there's nothing more to take he will go.

The most selfish coach/man I have ever seen.
I agree with some of this apart from the fact we’ll be a mess when he leaves . Collingwood fans thought the same when Buckley left and they had no picks

I agree with some of this apart from the fact we’ll be a mess when he leaves . Collingwood fans thought the same when Buckley left and they had no picks
With some luck we may be okay but without being able to get what we need to be a GF side it's going to be tough.
Players like playing for the big Vic clubs and without picks it will be hard to get good players to come here, this is where the Collingwoods and Geelongs have the advantage.

Imagine if we are on the market for a coach at the same time as the crows.

who am i kidding, we will just appoint carr.
If, after an exhaustive worldwide search, we end up appointing Carr I'm sure it was just a coincidence that he was already here.

Who ya gonna get?

Right now, I couldn't care less who we get. Hire anyone (OK, anyone not related to Hinkley or Cornes) on a contract for the rest of this season, lose every game, and we're still better off than we will be without change.
The simple retort is now "Who could be worse?".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If, after an exhaustive worldwide search, we end up appointing Carr I'm sure it was just a coincidence that he was already here.
I'd give Carr a chance without Hinkley baggage, but we're kidding ourselves if he's going to be given any control over his own staff. Certainly wouldn't agree to a long term contract just yet.

I'd give Carr a chance without Hinkley baggage, but we're kidding ourselves if he's going to be given any control over his own staff. Certainly wouldn't agree to a long term contract just yet.
I keep coming back to the fact that Carr's midfield group are performing well short of the sum of their parts.

Our midfield was much better under Schofield with less to work with.

Carr could even be a step back.

Yep. I mean, the reason why it sucks that Hinkley is still in the chair is that he’s wasting a genuinely talented list. The whole idea of getting the new coach in is the harness that talent. I don’t get the defeatism at all.

What do you think Carr would do with coaching appointments? He played at Port and Freo and coached at Port and Freo. and most of his time coaching at Freo was probably during COVID.

Its just going to be him and the same ex-Port players, and he'll likely be a worse coach than Hinkley. Like all our other appointments end up being downgrades on what came before.

I keep coming back to the fact that Carr's midfield group are performing well short of the sum of their parts.

Our midfield was much better under Schofield with less to work with.

Carr could even be a step back.
The thing is, with Hinkley gone, would Schofield come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back