Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't do it. I watched half and wanted to smash my phone so I stopped.

Last one I watched was his “long way to go to be like Richmond” after they came here without Dusty, Jack, Rance, Cotch & Houli, off the back of a pair of 7 goal losses, and actually beat us in 2019.

I’d read summaries and couldn’t believe he’d say something so f**king moronic and loserish, so had to see it with my own eyes.

Yep. He did.

In fairness to Ken and the boys, we’ve been very unlucky to come up against quality teams in the 3 prelims

In 2014 we came up against the Hawthorn dynasty

In 2020 we came up against the Richmond dynasty

In 2021 we came up against the emerging Bulldogs dynasty

It’s just really unfortunate that we’ve faced teams that are better than us.

Give Ken a few more years and hopefully next time we end up in a prelim we can play a non-top 8 side.
Dynasty Nazi says "no dynasty for your Portz"

How is it the coaches fault when you have far less talent?

Bont better than Wines
Macrae better than Boak
Libba better than Gray
B Smith better than Butters
Naughton better than Dixon
Treloar better than Amon
Dunkley better than Drew
Dale better than Houston
Daniel better than DBJ or Burton or whoever else
Hunter better than Duursma
English is better than Ladhams

The only area you have one better in absolute top end talent would be Aliir is a better interceptor than anything they have. Add to that Lycett is better than Martin now too, but wasn't so clear last night. You may have a more even spread, but their top end is far superior.

...and yet we finished minor premier last year and 2nd place this year. The talent is there, it just isn't being harnessed correctly.

Yea fck this I want an explanation from the club as to how you start a game that flat, give me training loads, number of meetings the whole lot.

It's unacceptable be accountable & make the hillbilly answer questions he has no right to dodge questions ala his presser.

Maybe they played Highercombe Golf Course and were tired from the hils and slopes?

Probably should just do Par 3 next to Adelaide Oval next time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why does the media always protect Ken?

Why do our own people?

The disconnect between who we purport to be:

‘we exist to win premierships’, ‘chasing greatness’, ‘mediocrity doesn’t live here’, ‘clean out the no-hopers’, ‘shall strive with all our power to further this club’s unexcelled achievements’,

and who we are, is as wide as ever. even last night wasn’t enough to turn the heads of Ken Oath’s hive of kool-aid drinkers, and I’m sure we’ll be receiving a dispatch from Richo assuring us what a great year we’ve had in spite of it all.

walk the walk, Port.

So we finish first and second because of the list but we don't win finals because of Ken

Makes sense
Pretty much. We pump easy beat teams because of the talent we have and always lose to better teams because we lack strategy. What does Ken actually do? Our entire game plan is win contested ball and boot it to Dixon and hope someone does something. Only team in finals we can beat is Geelong who crumble in finals worse then us.

Screenshot_20210912-153022_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20210912-153142_Facebook.jpg

The club is soft. Back in the day you'd be booed walking in the Port Club by your members after playing absolutely woeful and you had to explain why. Now it's please stop

We have been ingrained to accept mediocrity. Now I know why we held on to Hinkley for so long and why the players love him zero accountability

View attachment 1234012View attachment 1234014

The club is soft. Back in the day you'd be booed walking in the Port Club by your members after playing absolutely woeful and you had to explain why. Now it's please stop

We have been ingrained to accept mediocrity. Now I know why we held on to Hinkley for so long and why the players love him zero accountability
Do these people realise this isn’t their kids under 10s team? People invest their time and money into the club and absolutely are allowed to criticise and feel disappointed.

The likes of Tredders, Jack and Timmy have probably pulled the joggers on a few times, Mrs Rozee

I couldn't bring myself to watch hinkley's post match love-in (press conference) with Rucci, but for those who did stomach the whole thing can you tell me if Rucci asked him this question....

"Ken, you've been saying through the season, when people have questioned you and your teams credentials having not beaten top 4 teams, "Don't judge us on our pre-finals results, but rather judge us on what we do when we get to finals..."
Are you prepared to cop that criticism now?"

Ok, I didn't think the sycophant would ask that one...

Last edited:
Remember it's easy to Sack a coach , it's very hard to change a team that takes years

Look at Chelsea fc , when it doesn't work Sack the coach and hire someone who can do better with the current talent

Beverage won in his first or second year and he didn't have a team that had come off of a dynasty. Anything can happen in sport if you have the right leader and the right players.

It's incredible how people forgive players for their past mistakes (both on and off the field), but when it comes to coaching, it's different.

The people saying 9 years of Hinkley failure as a reason to sack him - if you look at the past 2 years alone, you'll see we've made 2 prelims.

It's not too different to us now saying let's delist Karl Amon, because he was rubbish for the first part of his career. If we delisted him then, nobody would have blinked an eyelid. Delisting him now is absurd.

Same goes for Ken in my eyes. If we sacked him a few years ago, no issues. Not performing, he has to go. But now he's got us to two prelims. The horse has bolted. The only way i would be sacking him is for a proven coach. Go for Clarko, it's a no brainer. There's not many other proven coaches out there waiting.

Choco may have made mistakes in the past, but he left Port over 10 years ago. Do you not for one second think he has developed himself over the time? Learnt from his mistakes etc.

Everything you hear from players that have worked with him in recent times is how amazing he has been with their development etc.

He is a proven winner, and he's Port Adelaide through and through.

Move on from Choco. Uncontrollable at Port.

Do these people realise this isn’t their kids under 10s team? People invest their time and money into the club and absolutely are allowed to criticise and feel disappointed.

One of my best mates is close with the Rozee family. Connor doesn't have much to do ("not a heap") with his mum, and she is, in my mate's words, "a nutcase."

I wouldnt be taking her word as to how the team and their attitude toward the supporters is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back