Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"the foundation Kenny has built, the team that he has built is applauded right throughout the industry."

What the f*ck are you on about Koch?
Like Cooney?

“It is the epitome of a choke,” Cooney said on AFL Nation.
“You can't explain it any other way because they (Port Adelaide) had the rail run. No injuries, everything going their way, home prelim, having the week off."

#sackken

"the foundation Kenny has built, the team that he has built is applauded right throughout the industry."

What the f*ck are you on about Koch?
Me too. F*ck this arseclown, he is only in it to big note himself. Initially I would have been happy with just getting rid of Hinkley, now I wont be satisfied until both of these frauds are removed.

That performance HAS to be the catalyst for change.
The club CANNOT continue down this road to nowhere.
Interesting listening to David King on SEN with Whately this morning - I think King's first name should be Wayne, but that's another issue!
But he did some analysis that I found staggering in relation to the Dogs tactics and stoppage strategies on Saturday. They seem to be several generations ahead of Port's.

email sent lets get this started,

"Admired by the industry" who is? Kochies' ego I assume

Tell you what I'm admired by and that's the number of PAFC magpies premierships

How many prelims do we need to lose before we get some reaction from the chairman 2? 3? 4? 5?

How about demanding an explanation as to why Drew was sitting on the bench whilst Libba collected 5 touches

How about an explanation as to our forward line plan of bomb it long to Charlie so he can hopefully with one hand knock it to our small forwards hoping they can kick a goal? wow that's admired by the industry.

We have two extremely talented young forwards who have great skills for tall players, we have good users of the ball who can kick to leading fast tall forwards,
when did that last happen?

Melbourne do it Bulldogs do it Port don't but hey we have admiration.

get pen to paper members

Need to push the non emotive emails, like we already know that nothings going to change in 10th year so why are we going down a road to nowhere when we already know and the members know etc.

THE TREND IS UPWARDS!

(finished top last year, performed much better in a prelim)

I don't think you know what that means David you fu**.
This was so much worse than last year. Against Richmond we just weren’t good enough, but we fought hard all night. We showed courage and grit, just didn’t have the composure and polish. Saturday night we were 🤮 from the first siren to the last.

That performance HAS to be the catalyst for change.
The club CANNOT continue down this road to nowhere.
Interesting listening to David King on SEN with Whately this morning - I think King's first name should be Wayne, but that's another issue!
But he did some analysis that I found staggering in relation to the Dogs tactics and stoppage strategies on Saturday. They seem to be several generations ahead of Port's.

Catalyst for change...... but Koch said we are on an upward trajectory?

We won't see much change. Cupla players, Schofield out, sun's out lets head to the river boyz.... that will be about it.

sack hinkley? maybe kane cornes to stop reporting crap and putting high hopes on the team! He was ranting on like Port were going to be certain premiers this season.
Better luck next year. I'll prob put some $$$ on sports bet at start of season for port to win.

Just finished listening to the Footyology review podcast.
I don’t know how or why but Hinkley and Koch have the media totally bluffed.
Apparently after a loss Port supporters are a bit antsy and want change.
However Ken has us at the top end of the ladder and no way should we sack him.

Until the outside media wake up to the fact that we repeatedly fail under the weight of expectation nothing will change.
A few emails from us non happy clappers isn’t going to do it unfortunately.
You only have to look at FB pages, a large contingent of our supporters and members still seem to think that we’re doing ok and we should back everyone in for next year.
Sadly I think we’ll just shuffle a few assistants, draft or trade some shiny new players and continue our match to mediocrity…..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picture someone singing on a stage, they are holding a microphone and its connected to a speaker that points out to the crowd.

I perceive Koch to be the speaker.
What is the point of getting angry at a speaker?

Its the person holding the microphone that is the issue.

A workmate who also went to the game & left a quarter earlier than me mentioned that stinkley & Schofield had a punch-on at some point that night, with players arguing between one another before the game. If so, then changes MUST be made & hope f**ken falls on his sword

what a shit fight

Picture someone singing on a stage, they are holding a microphone and its connected to a speaker that points out to the crowd.

I perceive Koch to be the speaker.
What is the point of getting angry at a speaker?

Its the person holding the microphone that is the issue.
If I get this analogy correctly, does the speaker have the ability to sack the singer?

You just know Hinkley's thought process would have been "They'll expect Drew to go to Libba, I'll surprise them by not doing that, that'll throw them off their game plan... "

I think the thought process was get our three most experienced mids in there at the start to set the tone. Backfired spectacularly.

Just finished listening to the Footyology review podcast.
I don’t know how or why but Hinkley and Koch have the media totally bluffed.
Apparently after a loss Port supporters are a bit antsy and want change.
However Ken has us at the top end of the ladder and no way should we sack him.
Until the outside media wake up to the fact that we repeatedly fail under the weight of expectation nothing will change.
A few emails from us non happy clappers isn’t going to do it unfortunately.
You only have to look at FB pages, a large contingent of our supporters and members still seem to think that we’re doing ok and we should back everyone in for next year.
Sadly I think we’ll just shuffle a few assistants, draft or trade some shiny new players and continue our match to mediocrity…..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't think much has to change though. i'm i think maybe bring in 1 or 2. Dawson seems certain to land on your doorstep. He can reunite and form the A team with Aliir. Is Robbie Grey about to hang up the boots? As a fan on the game id like to see more out of Dixon. As much as i like the guy a bit more consistency would help your team. Seems more focused on his youtube channel and building cars.

Hinkley aint going anywhere- Koch as well and trully hitched his wagon to him -

"Port Adelaide chairman David Koch has backed senior coach Ken Hinkley’s record, despite labelling the Power’s efforts in the preliminary final as “soft” and “embarrassing”.
Koch also said that a preliminary final isn’t the ceiling for the Power, despite a second-straight exit at that stage.

While everything was seemingly in their favour to make the grand final after falling six points short of Richmond in last year’s prelim, the Power were blown away by the Bulldogs from the very first minute on Saturday.

Speaking on his usual Monday morning slot on FIVEaa, Koch said the club was “embarrassed” by the performance.

But he backed Hinkley after irate Power fans took to social media and message boards to criticise him."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back