Saints by 80 points IMHO

Remove this Banner Ad

crimson

Team Captain
Jul 11, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
From what I have seen the saints should cruise to an 80 point win. Swans have fumbled their way in the slippery weather on the last two Friday nights and really struggled. Gtrain to kick 6 goals on the undermanned swans defence. Swans played their GF last Friday night and will be flat,

Ed_Gein said:
80 points? I doubt it. No Hamill or Kochitzke this week will keep us in it. :rolleyes:

check out our team when we played you earlier in the year,contained neither kosi or hamill, we've played the majority of the season without them. Dont think they will matter at all. but i agree 80 points is just hype. Despite the margins the last few times we've played i think it will be a close contest.

Not the best news that Kosi and hamill wont be playing... but we will be going into this game with more of our starting 22 than we had against the crows.
Gehrig does worry me a little but since he's named i guess he should be alright...

Good news that Hudghton is fully fit and him, mcquire, and goddard will be playing.
I think we have a great chance in this game. Hopefully barry hall will show the same form he's shown the last few weeks.....

thetigerman said:
St Kilda are NOT playing for Victoria's honour, just theirs.

people like you baffle me, why would you bother??

But i agree, all this "representing victoria" stuff the media is turning up with is such crap, the majority of victorians don't give a toss who wins. but don't hold that against us, we're not saying this crap, i'm just as sick of it as you are, all over the bloody news and papers... lets just get on with the footy, enough of the overexposure!

thetigerman said:
St Kilda are NOT playing for Victoria's honour, just theirs.
Well who plays for Victoria's honour then? Didn't know we had a team called Victoria...

We should go in expecting to win this, I think we'll win by 16 points in a tight contest. But if we get on top late in the third quarter and lead by about 20 at 3 quarter time, we'll win by around 45-55. Sydney will too if they're in the same situation.

Good luck tonight Sainters!!

Should be a beauty, not too fussed about who wins, its been a long time between drinks for both clubs, and both deserving to be there on the last Saturday in September.

Im also going to wish the saints good luck, but i honestly think they dont need it, there team is just to good for the swans and they are my tip to win the flag!

IMO it will be st kilda/eagles GF.. it will be a good game untill the last quarter where the saints will run away with a comfortable victory!!

Best Of Luck Saints!

I'd like to see the Saints win but it won't be by 80 points. I'd say 2-3 goals IMHO. If the Swans got up then good luck to them too.

Checking the results of the home and away season for both sides here are the top 3 highest wins and 3 worst losses.

Swans (won by) 84pts rd20 vs Brisbane / 63pts rd1 vs Hawks / 54pts rd15 vs Geelong

Swans (lost by) 45 points rd6 vs Eagles / 43pts rd10 vs Saints / 41pts rd4 vs Crows.

Saints (won by) 139pts rd22 vs Bris / 88 pts rd18 vs Melb / 80pts rd 15 vs Carlton

Saints (lost by) 46pts rd 9 vs Crows / 34 pts rd 8 vs Eagles / 23pts rd1 vs Bris and 23pts rd 11 vs Port.

I love how both teams caned Brisbane for their biggest wins of the season. :) Another note is that the Saints won 6 games by over 10 goals with 4 of those matches in Rds 15,16,17,18. The Swans had won only 2 games by over 10 goals.

crimson said:
From what I have seen the saints should cruise to an 80 point win. Swans have fumbled their way in the slippery weather on the last two Friday nights and really struggled. Gtrain to kick 6 goals on the undermanned swans defence. Swans played their GF last Friday night and will be flat,

Only 80 pts??? :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

crimson said:

you were only about 120 points wrong :D

Yeah right, about 120 off mate. I can just imagine how Warney, Molly and Tracy Grimshaw are feeling now. How sweet it is!!! :D

johnnyhoward said:
Well who plays for Victoria's honour then? Didn't know we had a team called Victoria...

We should go in expecting to win this, I think we'll win by 16 points in a tight contest. But if we get on top late in the third quarter and lead by about 20 at 3 quarter time, we'll win by around 45-55. Sydney will too if they're in the same situation.
Fred, what part of my post did you edit? :confused:

Doesn't the whole SEN station go for St Kilda? The place would be pretty sombre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints by 80 points IMHO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back