Discussion Saints drinks

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m going to sit back and enjoy a few quite beers hopefully while hawthorn get absolutely smashed. A few observations VB low carb isn’t too bad, the new Guinness 470ml cans are brewed here and terrible get the 440ml imported or don’t bother.

I might even grab some budvar one of George’s favourites and lament the terrible state of this place these days.

When they brew overseas brands under license ,the brewer usually has to jump through hoops and is tested by the parent company. When i did a tour through CUB ( which was well worth it ) they were saying what a pain in the arse it was to get hops for the stuff they were making at the time ( Stella maybe , but i'm not sure ).

But Guinness is brewed in S.A. and apart from Coopers its all pretty ordinary there.

I've just paid 16 bucks for a pint if Carlton at the Duke.

I met up with 3 mates and we were near Southgate somewhere, the one who had flown down from Queensland on cheap Bonza tickets came back with the first shout saying, "we need to find another bar , this shout cost more than my air ticket".

I'm sure that at some time in the past a "glass" was the size of a "pot" and a "pot" was the size of a Schooner.
A pint isn't a pint , even though its more than a pint everywhere except S.A.
No-one was drinking Schooners and Pints in Victoria when i was a young bloke.

Did they sneak the sizes up like the Pizza shops did at some point. ( Small pizza has vanished, Medium is tiny, Large is the old medium, and Family is the old Large ).

I'm sure that at some time in the past a "glass" was the size of a "pot" and a "pot" was the size of a Schooner.
A pint isn't a pint , even though its more than a pint everywhere except S.A.
No-one was drinking Schooners and Pints in Victoria when i was a young bloke.

Did they sneak the sizes up like the Pizza shops did at some point. ( Small pizza has vanished, Medium is tiny, Large is the old medium, and Family is the old Large ).
Everyone drank glasses and pots when I was young and the old blokes in the front bar often drank pony’s. They were the same size they are now we’ve just been supersized with schooners and pints. If I’m having a beer at home I usually drink out of a glass rather than a can and still prefer to use a glass or a pot size rather than anything bigger. I’m a sprinter I have a few then stop. I have no idea why anyone who sips beer would go with a bigger glass. All that happens is you wind up with a nice warm headless pint, cold and with a head thanks.

Pizza on the other hand has been fiddled with the size has changed. Around here the best value and eating is large, family is too big to maintain integrity and needs to be folded or 😳 eaten with a knife and fork. Quality has gone down and prices have gone up in so many places. My local very popular strip has had several places close in the last two months and one burn down. Even the local pub is lousy, the beers pricey and the food is terrible, if you can’t do a decent parma what can you do. I’ve started driving down a few minutes to the Brighton beach hotel where at least the foods decent.

There was a time when a heap of us went to mount Buller and stayed in the Youth Hostel next to one of the Bars.
I think it was 1980s but the drinks prices were like 2020.

No problem, Big bulky jackets were normal wear, plenty bulky enough to hide 750ml.
I wonder if the bar staff noticed we were ordering jugs of coke and somehow getting maggoted.

I had a mate who used to think it was cool to wear single breasted jackets from the op-shop, to clubs. He had a hole in the inside pocket so he could fill his glass from a wine cask bladder. Kind of sad really.

There was a time when a heap of us went to mount Buller and stayed in the Youth Hostel next to one of the Bars.
I think it was 1980s but the drinks prices were like 2020.

No problem, Big bulky jackets were normal wear, plenty bulky enough to hide 750ml.
I wonder if the bar staff noticed we were ordering jugs of coke and somehow getting maggoted.

I had a mate who used to think it was cool to wear single breasted jackets from the op-shop, to clubs. He had a hole in the inside pocket so he could fill his glass from a wine cask bladder. Kind of sad really.
I remember walking to a restaurant with mates around Kew Junction over 30 years ago, we all had glasses and smashed a cask of Tropicana on the way, it was a 15 minute walk the cask was empty when we arrived lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Saints drinks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back