SAINTS in 2005. Is this the team to beat? It's top 22!

Remove this Banner Ad

SensibleCommentator

All Australian
Aug 15, 2004
Other Teams
St.Kilda
BEST 22 WITH EVERYONE FIT

FB: M.Hudghton -LG L.Penny S.Baker

HB: B.Voss M.Maguire A.Jones

C: N.Dal Santo L. Ball - LG X.Clarke

HF: Hamill -LG N.Reiwoldt (c) S.Powell – LG

FF: S.Milne F.Gehrig -LG M.Ferguson (gun)

Foll: Koschitzke -LG R.Harvey, L.Hayes LG

Int: B.Goddard, L.Fisher (gun), J.Gram (gun), J.Blake

Emerg: A.Thompson, L.Montagna and B.Brooks (Gun-Ruck)

NEXT BEST 10
Other players of note who are more than capable of filling their positions in the top 22!! (excluding draft players and average players of course!)
202cm - 190cm
Knobel (Ruck), D.Pfitzer (FF), S.Fisher (FB/CHB), T.Schwartze (wing)
189cm – 183cm
R.Clarke (Wing/Forward), A.Fiora (Half Back)
BELOW 183cm
J.Peckett (Utility), A.Murray (Forward), B.Guerra (Forward)

(Gun) = Players people don’t know yet who will most likely be absolute guns, IMO.
(LG) = Leadership group

Lots of versatility in this side, lots of run, lots of players who can fill injuries and lots of talent. DOES THIS LOOK LIKE A PREMIERESHIP TEAM to you? :confused: If not what does? and please show top 25 then the next best 10!!
IMO talented players X.Clarke, B.Goddard, B.Brooks, B.Guerra, J.Gram, M.Ferguson ALL need big positive pre-seasons!! IF DONE, then should be a mighty team.... heres hoping! :D

SensibleCommentator. Now that's what I'd call a classic oxymoron!

Gram, Brooks, Ferguson & Fisher guns? I've only ever heard of one of the 4. Goddard & Dal Santo didn't make that elite group? Hmm

Riewoldt neither a part of your proposed leadership group and also not classed as a gun. :confused:

FWIW - Top 4 side, but not a genuine flag threat without a half decent ruckman.

I didnt propose a leadership group there is one. Reiwoldt youll notice has a (c) next to him proposing he will be captain. Dal Santo isnt in the leadership group. With heath gone im guessing L.Ball will get a guernsey he was pushing for that last year.
Ruckmen not decent? thats a myth IMO. Knobel is a crash bash ruckman, kosi is a genius and Brooks is a huge potential and with a good pre-season who knows? and Blake while short is the gutsiest ruckman in the game the fastest and knows how to go forward really well. I'm wondering who should we get JOLLY?? hahaha same as knobel. Simmonds once again not much better than knobel... who?? apart from white, gardiner, king, Goodes is that great? biglands??? :D COX??? i dont think so.

SensibleCommentator said:
I didnt propose a leadership group there is one. Reiwoldt youll notice has a (c) next to him proposing he will be captain. Dal Santo isnt in the leadership group. With heath gone im guessing L.Ball will get a guernsey he was pushing for that last year.

You've actually got the (c) against Powell's name. Not Riewoldt.

Ricketts said:
you are a stupid, stupid fool.

ok we'll see. :) Want to bet?? Im willing to bet $1000 Gram, L.Fisher and Ferguson will be known as guns by 2006. They will all be regulars in a top 4 poss.premiership side by the end of 2005! :p

Lidge said:
I don't usually watch the VFL games on the ABC. So I probably won't see. ;)
Yeah swingers like you don't. VFL has all the up and coming talent its actually worth watching. What? You think the VFL is a poor styandard???

I noticed, lidge and ricketts, you havent named your sides best 34 players! Whats wrong? Cant name 34 better than average players?? thought so... oh well can you at least name 10 or so?? Didnt think so..... :p

34 good/great players - ITS BLOODY GREAT! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BLOODY HELL WHEN I SAY GUNS OF COURSE I MEAN POTENTIAL YOU TWITS!!! :mad:
IM SAYING THEY WILL BE GUNS OF THE AFL I DIDNT SAY THEY ARE GUNS OF THE AFL!!!!!

BLOODY HELL WHEN I SAY GUNS OF COURSE I MEAN POTENTIAL YOU TWITS!!! :mad:
IM SAYING THEY WILL BE GUNS OF THE AFL I DIDNT SAY THEY ARE GUNS OF THE AFL!!!!!

No - you said they would be absolute guns.

If you meant potential - why didn't you just say that?

Yeah swingers like you don't. VFL has all the up and coming talent its actually worth watching. What? You think the VFL is a poor styandard???

No - it's a good standard when compared to suburban & regional leagues. Having played in the VFA, O&MFL & EDFL I reckon I'm reasonably qualified to make that judgement.

When compared to AFL - the gap between AFL & VFL is wider that seniors and reserves which you would experience at most other levels.

And last but not least - I do watch VFL occasionally - but usually only the better games, and not this involving the bottom placed Springvale who these 'guns' play for.

If I was a St Kilda supporter, I would be so embarrassed by this bloke.

At least we've got Yze Magic, who manages to incorporate a little blunt humour into the construction of his posts. :D

Geezus!!! I was just trying to see what people thought etc etc. Me thinks you're all jealous becasuse you get defensive when I post about the saints best players. :p

Fine then let's NOT debate the best 22 or look at everyones line ups and just wait till 2005. BORING IDIOTS! :mad:

FWIW I don't think anyone has got a hope against the saints in the next 2 years. :eek: yeah thats right!! I said it. Just get used to it Im trying to help you all come to terms with this.

I think you're being a bit optimistic, its a 'good' side, not a fantastic side if you compare it to brisbane's triple premiership lineup.

Definately a lot of potential to be a great 22 next year, especially if....

RUCK.
Brooks doesnt injure himself again
Knobes works on his ball skills
Blake can kick straight (probably wont get a game if brooks is fit and in form)

FORWARDS
Hamill is fit, and stops playing like a crash-bang dud.
Riewoldt plays CHF and up the ground a bit
Gehrig continues to be a good target
Guerra, Milne learn how to get around opposition tactics to stop them. (They were shut down so easily this year, only did well against teams with dud defense)
Milne gets boots with 4 inch stops in them so he doesnt fall on his arse!

BACKS/HALF BACKS
Goddard needs to step up and be accountable (i dont figure he's a good backman at all)
Goddard has a good preseason and bulks up a bit.
No injuries to either of Voss, Maguire, Penny (they work great together, and if one is out it creates a hole)
Fisher can step up if one of those gets injured.
I cant see Fiora getting a game here, maybe up half forward.
Hudgton shouldnt get the big name players, he's a wimp.

CENTRE/WING
Harvey gets some decent gametime
X. Clarke gets some discipline
Baker learns to tag properly (or get another tagger)

COACHING
G. Thomas decides to stop rediculous changes straight away if he sees they arent working (L. Hayes first half on the bench in a game this year).
Find some decent gameplans to combat teams like Sydney@SCG and Port Adelaide. (In the past he has just kept the "telstra dome" style of play at the forefront and not changed anything for the ground/team of the opposition)

CAPTAINCY
N. Riewolt wont be a good captain, Hamill deserves the captaincy for his leadership and effect on the other team members.

Remove this Banner Ad

SAINTS in 2005. Is this the team to beat? It's top 22!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back