Autopsy Saints versus Hawks, review thread. Umpire sledging here pls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats strange. I bet the club didnt know he was on the trade table
Seb ross was definitely brought up with Essendon. I was definitely happy to make the trade but he has come on and has more improvement in him.

So I am happily wrong re ross

good post - time we need time and speed!
Speed? No I think we need players with elite disposal. Clubs and other supporters are calling us quick. We know as supporters who watch us weekly we don't have quick foot speed but we move the ball very quickly

Speed? No I think we need players with elite disposal. Clubs and other supporters are calling us quick. We know as supporters who watch us weekly we don't have quick foot speed but we move the ball very quickly

Did I say we don't need elite disposal? Nope . But as you say we don't have quick foot speed - semantics we are saying the same thing. I have faith in our development but that does not mean I do not think we should have won today I do

Did I say we don't need elite disposal? Nope . But as you say we don't have quick foot speed - semantics we are saying the same thing. I have faith in our development but that does not mean I do not think we should have won today I do
Relax mate. Not attacking you. I was just pointing out I feel like what we need are 2 players on the outside who have elite disposal.

Hahaha is right we just lost to the last years premiers because of some bad umpiring decisions.
The best AFL players come from everywhere in the draft and rookie list we have some great talent.
Honestly i now expect this is our last year with a top ten pick in the draft because we are a finals team from next year.
Need to learn from last time and keep finding players (Hawks got Cyril in the 2007 draft at pick 12) but we have our team just looking for some extra cream.

youre point on the draft is a really good one. someone like patrick cripps also came around pick 8 right? as you've pointed out there should be some handy players around there. hopefully we absolutely nail the selection

Relax mate. Not attacking you. I was just pointing out I feel like what we need are 2 players on the outside who have elite disposal.

Point taken ......reckon we are on the same page cheers

feeling flat after that game and if I'm defensive I apologize!

as well as our 1st pick this year free agency should be our friend in this regard....very confident we'll grab what we need this year and next....

youre point on the draft is a really good one. someone like patrick cripps also came around pick 8 right? as you've pointed out there should be some handy players around there. hopefully we absolutely nail the selection
I am confident we will nail an outside player with great disposal in the next 24 months via free agency. Now I believe we need one more...we could draft one or develop within... McKenzie Webster white rice gresham freeman Roberton all did not play today and all are great by foot. Plus another 3 this year in the draft and 3 next year minimum gives us 6 more to our list with a great peg by the time we are ready to compete for a flag and not just make finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am confident we will nail an outside player with great disposal in the next 24 months via free agency. Now I believe we need one more...we could draft one or develop within... McKenzie Webster white rice gresham freeman Roberton all did not play today and all are great by foot. Plus another 3 this year in the draft and 3 next year minimum gives us 6 more to our list with a great peg by the time we are ready to compete for a flag and not just make finals.

having a couple of sides crumble as we work up the ladder could help us here, could be some bargains given with sides needing picks to rebuild

Point taken ......reckon we are on the same page cheers

feeling flat after that game and if I'm defensive I apologize!
Nah no stress mate. Shit we lost but to be honest I am so excited with what I saw today especially paddy.

Plus as I said earlier we could have easily finished round 4 with 3 wins and a loss and be equal top tonight. We are on the right track

Paddy Cripps was pick 13... :eek:

cheers mate. very interesting. apparently neale is melbourne bound... just dont know who
I know we are balls deep in Hurley and are keen in Whitfield. Do we sign one of them? No idea. But we are making alot of players sit up and want to talk to us now

We are interested but club thinks it's unlikely. I still have hope of shiel next year

2017 will be defining as GWS have to reduce their list and salary cap. Many of their stars have only signed to 2017

I always found it odd that Shiel only signed for 2 years. That says a lot to me. Combined with what we're doing, we are a strong chance to get him and that would be huge

2017 will be defining as GWS have to reduce their list and salary cap. Many of their stars have only signed to 2017

I always found it odd that Shiel only signed for 2 years. That says a lot to me. Combined with what we're doing, we are a strong chance to get him and that would be huge
I'm scared to think what we'd have to give up for him in 18 months time.... Forget the Treloar trade, im thinking only a Dangerfield-type trade would get this over the line

Poor kicking from our defence cost us that game. Interesting that many thought Lee had a good game, his kicking in the first half was awful.

Otherwise, good game. Going in I was just hoping we would not lose by 10 goals. To almost win was above my expectations.
I do not get this re lee and why everyone was calling for his blood so hard in the first quarter.. He made that one bad error.. No worse than savages, fishers etc.. And an out on the full under pressure aside from that his kicking was creative and set us up well. He seriously played a good game the criticism was way too quick after 1 error and suddenly he's played a 'bad' game

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Saints versus Hawks, review thread. Umpire sledging here pls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back