Player Watch Sam Berry - Contract Extension to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

i noticed in the last couple of games it had definitely improved but being able to gather and release quickly like crouch should push him into the 20+ touches a game. he's never going to be a star but there are still workable parts of his game. at least the questions arent about endeavour or work rate.
I won’t lie, it has been frustrating to watch when he fumbles in those high pressure situations, but once he gets through that, there’s a lot of upside.

Yeah, if pies/anyone else weren't offering anything for him that we wanted, despite everyone on here thinking we could get a 2nd rounder, then re-signing makes more sense than delisting
It does, but if there was no external interest for him I don't see what we had to lose offering him one year instead of two.

It does, but if there was no external interest for him I don't see what we had to lose offering him one year instead of two.
2 years might have been our lowball to get him to explore offers.

If he went away and didn't like the options he might have just taken the 2 years

A bit surprised. Thought he might get a better offer / job security elsewhere.

I like him but was troubled by his increasing fumbling as the season wore on. I don't recall that being part of his game in previous seasons.

Has some real positives so hopefully can get on top of that issue. Do players spend much time on individual remedial work though? This could be a main preseason priority for Berry and Pedlar.

Was hoping that we could move him on and get some decent draft capital in return, but maybe the offers just weren't there for him.

Really needs to become a 1 touch player. So frustrating watching him constantly fumble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We really are backing the boys in again.

Hope he can sort out the fumbling.
Nah ....once a fumbler, always a fumbler ....and it potentially happens in a pressure cooked Final

He'll be a depth player .....would have preferred he be traded

Nah ....once a fumbler, always a fumbler ....and it potentially happens in a pressure cooked Final

He'll be a depth player .....would have preferred he be traded
That's why I like Taylor. He's usually pretty clean by hand and foot.

Jeez, I don't know what some people watch sometimes. I'm stoked we've retained him after dicking him around the last two years. I think people might get a surprise next year after another preseason. He's a bull who can work through traffic and can kick goals. Works great both ways. Can take a mark. I guess we will have to wait and see but I like him.

That's why I like Taylor. He's usually pretty clean by hand and foot.
Taylor will go pass Berry ....just has more tricks, and as you say, for playing only a handful of games ....he's incredibly clean

Bez is a beast in ground ball scrimmages. Hard as, quick, strong. A really honest worker, but he's no match winner by any means...although Carlton would beg to differ 🤣

Produce some more Carlton quarters and he could be a very handy player for us.

How would he go being trained up as a run-with tagger? He's got the pace and the aggression.

Berry is very similar to Scott Thompson in my book.
Rock solid, good average player without injury issues.

Of course we resign him, he is an AFL standard player with clean disposal.

Berry is very similar to Scott Thompson in my book.
Rock solid, good average player without injury issues.

Of course we resign him, he is an AFL standard player with clean disposal.
Which parts of that are similar to Scott Thompson?

I like Berry and I think he was a big improver this year. Fumbled a little bit, but you put that aside and he showed he has the tools to be a handy inside mid with a bit of power to run away from the stoppage. Probably ends up being a decent 3rd or 4th mid in time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Sam Berry - Contract Extension to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back