Remove this Banner Ad

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets
Take him. I will personally pay you.

Jokes aside, big, angry tall who tackles hard and can mark but has below average disposal and average decision making. SA boy and Adelaide have come for him previously, as have St Kilda.

I would be happy to see him go and us focus on Nik Cox / Nick Bryan as rucks as I personally think his deficiencies are too big to overcome but maybe I’m a harsh marker as he plays for my own club.

What do oppos fans think? Is he any good? Will he stay or will clubs come for him.

Jokes aside, big, angry tall who tackles hard and can mark but has below average disposal and average decision making. SA boy and Adelaide have come for him previously, as have St Kilda.

I would be happy to see him go and us focus on Nik Cox / Nick Bryan as rucks as I personally think his deficiencies are too big to overcome but maybe I’m a harsh marker as he plays for my own club.

What do oppos fans think? Is he any good? Will he stay or will clubs come for him.
I mentioned in the club focus thread trade him to the demons for 43 & 49. He might learn something under Gawn.

I would have lead your pitch with the mullet. Best trait, and I think mullets look stupid.

That said, apparently Crows are mad keen so your pain will probably be over by end of next year.

Such a stiff, Bombers will give him a massive deal though, 100%.

He's exactly the type of overhyped B grader the Bombers would give 6 years for.

McGrath and Parish before him.

I’ve got a big call about Draper. If he's still there, there’ll be some members requesting refunds.

Edit: Obviously not as clever as I thought it was. This is just a slightly adjusted quote to what Draper said himself about players leaving the Dogs if Bevo was still there.

Last edited:

Five years ago.

We don't need a discount Rowan Marshall when we already have Rowan Marshall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't watch Essendon games, but have an Essendon supporting mate who hates this guy. What makes this guy so despised?
Obviously not an essendon fan but my read on Draper is that he is capable of brilliance, and mind numbing stupidity, and that the ratio at which these events occur is sub optimal.

More likely to cost you a game than win you one, but capable of both

Obviously not an essendon fan but my read on Draper is that he is capable of brilliance, and mind numbing stupidity, and that the ratio at which these events occur is sub optimal.

More likely to cost you a game than win you one, but capable of both
Proof. The Adelaide games both ways.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Sam Draper [RFA 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back