Speculation Sam Draper [RFA 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

I always thought he’d become a very good ruckman but it’s just not happening.
My Essendon mate still reckons he is better than Max Gawn and will have a better overall career…

My Essendon mate still reckons he is better than Max Gawn and will have a better overall career…
from afar Max seemed to take a while,but he always said the right things,admired and learned off Goldy,then passed them all

english and to a lesser extent marshall were getting beaten up every game by the three G's and nicnat,then they battled it out for all australian ruck last year,just not seeing it with draper,in fact workhorses like meek and pittonet are to this point far more effective,time will tell

Obviously not an essendon fan but my read on Draper is that he is capable of brilliance, and mind numbing stupidity, and that the ratio at which these events occur is sub optimal.

More likely to cost you a game than win you one, but capable of both
The IQ of the bloke is perfectly summed up in the Essendon clearance numbers against Melbourne vs the Freo ones the next week...

I don't watch Essendon games, but have an Essendon supporting mate who hates this guy. What makes this guy so despised?

He's a very dumb (on the field) footballer. Was at Ess v Collingwood with some mates, here's an example:

Essendon have a kick in, goes to the pocket.
Draper is the next target down the line.
He turns his back on the play and runs forward, while the ball is being kicked to him.
His opponent marks the ball uncontested.
Essendon members sitting around me are vocal.

Draper can't kick. Terrible skills. Most overrated ruckman in the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Sam Draper [RFA 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back