Coach Sam Mitchell's direction for the club and 2024 news

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone wants to have a listen about what the data is saying in regards to whether we have actually gotten worse this year have a listen to this from the 9:15 mark.

I know a few people have already touched on it, but the data is also showing that our results this year have been slightly better despite actually putting out a younger team and dealing with some injuries.

And here.

Even magic johnson in the 80s dribbled like a robot compared with current players. The rule changes have had a massive inpact! I think professionalism is the bigger issue in afl. The game got faster than umpires could adjudicate.
Back in the 1980s they still called travel and carry in the NBA unlike today where players treat those rules with disdain.

NBA is a joke these days with their rule interpretations, FIBA basketball is a much purer form of the game IMHO.

I feel like we're in the best imaginable hands. I've had this stigma/voice at the back of my head whispering that the successful coaches we've had since Parkin have all been non-Hawthorn greats and the unsuccessful ones have all been former Hawk greats...
Jeans - non-Hawk great, massive success.
Joyce - played for Hawthorn but not exactly what you'd call a 'great'. Played under 50 games if memory serves me correctly. massive success.
Knights - Hawk great, failure as a coach.
Judge - Hawk great, failure as a coach (with all due respect to the sadly deceased)
Schwab - Hawk great, failure as a coach
Clarko - non-Hawk great, massive success.
(and by 'failure' here, I mean by Hawthorn standards)
But, I feel Sammy is poised to smash this trend.....

I feel like we're in the best imaginable hands. I've had this stigma/voice at the back of my head whispering that the successful coaches we've had since Parkin have all been non-Hawthorn greats and the unsuccessful ones have all been former Hawk greats...
Joyce - played for Hawthorn but not exactly what you'd call a 'great'. Played under 50 games if memory serves me correctly. massive success.
Judge - Hawk great, failure as a coach (with all due respect to the sadly deceased)
As Sam has said repeatedly; we're not looking backwards, only to the future.

Knights Judge Schwab had bugger all resources. One made a prelim.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Sam Mitchell's direction for the club and 2024 news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back