Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the crime board rules of engagement. Please read them.

Importantly, 'sub judice' means that a case is under consideration by the courts. 'Sub judice contempt' can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Don't spread baseless rumours or state as fact that which is opinion, please.

A degree of respect in all discussion across this board is expected.

The Murder of Rebecca Young - Ballarat

The Murder of Hannah McGuire - Ballarat * Lachie Young charged

Allegedly

Last edited:
In this photo she isn’t wearing a running belt. Where would she put her phone? I’m not an expert but most running belts and arm bands won’t fit a phone when it is inside a case. I have to take it out of the case to put it in my running belt or the armband if I use it. Did she definitely have a phone on her, or just the watch?
Flipbelt would easily fit a phone in a case and could have been under her top

Big risk of damaging or compromising whatever evidence might be there. They've waited nearly two months - they can wait a day or two for it to stop raining. Wouldn't it make more sense to bring in cadaver dogs and ground-penetrating radar before randomly destroying vegetation?
im guessing gorze and blackberry bushes... hard to access see what is in/under

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the photos it doesn't look like a 'good' location to dump a body. Perhaps the "tech sniffer" dogs detected the phone? Or maybe there was a tipoff which focussed them on that location?

Channel Nine are reporting that there is footage of a sniffer dog digging the phone out of the mud and then being surrounded by high-fiving police.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks very much like a staged photo at least. How would the cameraman be in place just as the cop picked up the phone? And surely it wasn't just lying there on a flat piece of ground? I imagine they dug up bushes, and then sifted through the excavated material to find the phone - there is no rubble or vegetation in the picture.
Staged as in they're listening and watching for a reaction. Why not find Log and sift through evidence. That photo will be front and centre on the news and papers tomorrow imo. Trying to flush someone (else imo) out

Looks like police have ascertained that it's SMs phone. Haven't said so publicly but why else would they continue to search the location?

This is in a direct line to where my son and I discovered some 'unusual' items beside the Yarrawee River, it's within 500m of where I have been saying her remains could be since Feburary. Reckon they're really close to finding her. By the way that road is one we travel all the time to get to our vineyard... you could literally pull over get out of the car and within one minute be driving again, the dam is ten metres off the road!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back