Sandilands bump on davis, 1-2 weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Phil Davis Cleaned up by Sandilands

did nothing wrong???

Under the new interpretation, he is gone for 4 weeks. Hard impact of his shoulder directly to the head.

I don't know . If Sandilands' name was Lance Franklin it would be weeks!

Will sandilands get rubbed out for that bump? Shoulder connected with davis's head.

He shouldn't go, because there was no malice and just 2 people going for the ball - unfortunately shoulder height of a 7 foot tall man is head hight for lesser mortals.

Having said that, 3 weeks knowing the MRP :rolleyes:

no different to the Habrow and Lewis collision really, Sandilands charged with all intension to mark.

shouldnt get rubbed out.

Davis didn't have the ball, so no option to tackle. Did all he could do but got the head.

Deserves nothing, will get 3+

geez I just saw that...ouch, now this will be a test for the MRP and all us whinging Hawk supporters when they come back with 'it was accidental, he had no option and was making a marking contest, that he hit Davis in the head was due to the difference in their height :eek:'

isnt the rule that if you go to hip and shoulder when you have another choice and you make contact with the ops head that youre going to get done????

or is that just sometimes....

few years ago nothing in it... but under current rules atleast 2 weeks youd expect

due to the head contact when going for the bump

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea. I've given up trying too read the MRP's minds. I would have thought a reprimand or at the outside a week because I thought he was trying to bump rather than mark. But then again when you look back at Hille on Bartel - one which most people thought was worth time off - Hille didn't get anything and clearly wasn't even thinking about anything but taking him out. Similarly in a slightly different situation I didn't think there was much in the Mumford one - legal tackle on a player with the ball but the MRP saw differently. So I have no idea where the lines are for a lot of these things any more.

Compared to the Buddy ones....Buddy's hits all came when the bloke had the ball. Buddy could have tackled each guy but chose not to.

Should get off, hope he does

isnt the rule that if you go to hip and shoulder when you have another choice and you make contact with the ops head that youre going to get done????

its a tough one with all the rules and intepretations, he wasnt going for the hip and shoulder, he was going for the mark and hit him with a reflex action.

at 6'11" its hard not to clean someone up when your running towards a contest, im not even convinced Sandi touched Davis' head, it seemed more of a whiplash effect, Sandilands had another option rather then to go the man, and it was to pull out and let Davis collect the uncontested mark, Nothing else he could of done

0 Weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sandilands bump on davis, 1-2 weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back