Sando is either a freaking genius or mad as a hatter!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Subbing Sam Jacobs off to get Porps on.

He effectively gave up winning the Ruck once Jacobs went off. But we gained across the ground in a quick running game. It paid off.

Genius or Mad Hatter???

Tis great to have a coach take a punt like that.

He effectively gave up winning the Ruck once Jacobs went off. But we gained across the ground in a quick running game. It paid off.

Genius or Mad Hatter???

Yeah, wow, great to see our coach coming from left field, thinking outside the square and other clichés. Whatever! Just WOW!

"Gave up winning the ruck" ??

You have to have something to start with, to be a to give it up.

Spot on. :thumbsu:

That would be the worst game that I've seen Jacobs play in Crows colours. Got beaten in the hit-outs and only 1 handball for his contribution around the ground.

IMO it was a brilliant move. Lose nothing and potentially gain something which we did.

Kudos to Sando and his coaching team for not only a winning move, but also a winning selection somewhat from left field in Petrenko. :thumbsu:

It was a brave move, required us to concede part of what was our original plan and reshoot the dice. It was also absolutely necessary if we were going to win that game.

I think Sando's answered a few of his match day coaching critics today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genius or Mad Hatter???

It just goes to show you don't have to replace like for like.

You can actually change your core tactics mid stream. Yes, even in "modern" footy.

It was a brave move, required us to concede part of what was our original plan and reshoot the dice. It was also absolutely necessary if we were going to win that game.

I think Sando's answered a few of his match day coaching critics today.

Not sure about that.

All season, we've looked crap when we play the possession, kick/mark game.

We get behind, have nothing to lose, then we throw the shackles off and start attacking - and we look a million dollars again.

So why play that style to start with, when it doesn't work for us, and the opposite is so damned effective?

Also: in terms of underrated moves that probably won't get mentioned... Truck to forward line late in the game was also a ripper. He created that Petrenko goal by using his size to force the two NM players to collide.

Not sure about that.

We get behind, have nothing to lose, then we throw the shackles off and start attacking - and we look a million dollars again.

So why play that style to start with, when it doesn't work for us, and the opposite is so damned effective?
'

I was praising his match day coaching today i.e. his ability to react to the game and make game changing moves.

Not sure about that.

'

I was praising his match day coaching today i.e. his ability to react to the game and make game changing moves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sando is either a freaking genius or mad as a hatter!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back