Sando is either a freaking genius or mad as a hatter!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

What ever happened to just being beaten by a better side?

Freo had a load more hardened, mature bodies than us. I'd like to know the avg games played and avg age of each of the sides on the weekend.

Yes Sando was out coached probably in a couple of small areas, like Freo always getting a man free down back. There is no disgrace in that though. Lyon is a 10 year, 3 grand finals coach. Sando has been there for 1.5 years. He will get there. A lot of what has been said in this thread is actually player driven on game day and can't be blamed on Sando. Just like you can't blame Brad Scott for Norths loss last week. I am 100% he would have told them to get back and hold the ball up. Coach can't actually get out there and do it.

They weren't better they got smashed around ground yet adelaide played chip around footy in the wet and slaughtered it take a look at the DE%, umming and arring over Mackay and leaving Danger down forward forever gave Freo a huge advantage in run and around the contest which gave up 20 points before the sub came in and the rotations could happen freely, Danger is uniquely suited to scrimmaging the ball forward which is what Freo did all game, keeping Kerridge on ball was moronic he knows what front and center means should of been up forward.

Brad Scott are you serious 1 minute left and his players all go sit up on the wing not one of them stays back behind petrie to force Adelaide to man up, you are saying that isn't a set play? Nonsense

What ever happened to just being beaten by a better side?
I'm far from convinced that we were beaten by a better side. All the key indicators show that Adelaide were actually the better team on the day, including the number of F50 entries and scoring shots. I put our loss down to a couple of factors - inaccurate kicking for goal (particularly from set shots) and a few simple coaching blunders (failure to cover the back of the pack). Fix those and Adelaide win comfortably. It is my firm belief that Adelaide were the better side on Saturday and still managed to come away with a loss.
To your point about Brad Scott. He should be absolutely blamed for that loss (along with the losses to Geelong/Hawthorn/WCE). His squad does not how to handle a lead and slow the game down. They have one method of football and thats all out attack. I also think there are serious issues with their fitness.
I think they have major issues with their fitness. Adelaide ran over the top of them at the end of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters. Many North players looked like they were out on their feet towards the end of the game, which created several goal opportunities when they were unable to "go with" their Adelaide opponents. Examples of this are Douglas' 1-2-goal and Kerridge running away from Firrito to take an uncontested mark in the goal square.

That's not to say that they don't need to work on shutting the game down and playing "possession footy" for the last few minutes of the game, but I think fitness is still the bigger issue for them.

No he doesn't. They would have practiced it a million times that's for sure. A coach can only do so much. Fitness could be an issue though but that's not scotts department.

Look if it happens once or twice in a season I can understand it.

The fact is that in the first 9 rounds of football - North Melbourne have given up huge leads in 4 of there games. Go and watch those games. There is no attempt to slow the play down, control possession and take time off the clock in any of those games. This is criminal and all goes back to Brad Scott....

Look if it happens once or twice in a season I can understand it.

The fact is that in the first 9 rounds of football - North Melbourne have given up huge leads in 4 of there games. Go and watch those games. There is no attempt to slow the play down, control possession and take time off the clock in any of those games. This is criminal and all goes back to Brad Scott....

Horrendous on field leadership also at play here. Horrendous.

Mark Williams, discuss
Definitely an angry hatter.

Sando still got my faith at this point. Has exposed young kids well this year after a full on tilt last year.

Tex and tip gone - you need to adjust and he is doing that. I have no issue with most the teams intensity and the way we want to play. Everything else, whether coach or player driven, will take time and I believe will come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my most favourite games ever...

but credit where credit is due, beat a very good Brisbane Lions team. finished minor premiers a couple of times..

Given 3 Top 1 finishes in 2002-2004, 1 GF appearance is a fail under the previous criteria (Obv coaching finals fails)

Please can we go back to last year's game plan. We don't have the talent for a short possession game.

The slam it on the boot, drive it forward at all costs game plan was a much better fit for us.

Last year showed us what we are capable of. We can match top teams with a hard, inside contested game. This year has shown us what we can't do. We can't match top teams for skill and precision.

Please can we go back to last year's game plan. We don't have the talent for a short possession game.

The slam it on the boot, drive it forward at all costs game plan was a much better fit for us.

Last year showed us what we are capable of. We can match top teams with a hard, inside contested game. This year has shown us what we can't do. We can't match top teams for skill and precision.
As much as I wanted them to kick it, kick it. Sydney constantly outnumbered us ahead of the ball. Their work rate was supreme and ours was shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back